Author Topic: New Cadillac CTS-V to have 500+ to go against the M5  (Read 2182 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
New Cadillac CTS-V to have 500+ to go against the M5
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:36:42 AM »
pics, this is the Cadillac, CTS Sports concept at this year's SEMA show. Basically, it is the new CTS-V, which will go to Europe as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: New Cadillac CTS-V to have 500+ to go against the M5
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
More

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:38 AM »
you start a thread talking about a vehicle surpassing another in the horsepower game,but post no engine pics.thats the best part of the car ;D

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »
There are no engine pics, as this car has not been officially dubbed the CTS-V.  Rumor has it, that is might be all wheel drive, and be powered by the Z06 engine. Just like last gen CTS-V. I think the Caddy XLR-V should get the same engine as well, just like AMG does it.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
There are no engine pics, as this car has not been officially dubbed the CTS-V.  Rumor has it, that is might be all wheel drive, and be powered by the Z06 engine. Just like last gen CTS-V. I think the Caddy XLR-V should get the same engine as well, just like AMG does it.
awd will be sweet as hell :D

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 04:04:13 PM »
awd will be sweet as hell :D

bench

Yes it would, seems like they are going the Audi route, and will be trying to cover the RS6 and M5. But the RS6 will supposed to be 550+ HP (a tt V10), and supposedly the M5 is getting the Twin Turbo treatment as well. Only thing is if it is AWD, then that means that the CTS_V will not be able to race, as most governing bodies don't allow  AWD (that is why Audi  Quattro is banned)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
parker nice car but in no way shape or form will it handle like a bmw m5.m3.or 318 ti for that matter....what do think about the 1 series....coming soon....

body88

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »
parker nice car but in no way shape or form will it handle like a bmw m5.m3.or 318 ti for that matter....what do think about the 1 series....coming soon....

Imo it will compete. Gm can put a car together if they want to. I am a HUGE euro fan , and I love this car. Just my opinion.

This car is just savage looking.

That said the new m5 is incredable. I drove one awhile back. My bastard of a friend owns one.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 07:56:19 AM »

Like  Body said, I think it will be competitive,  GM is putting it's best engineers to bring Caddy up to speed...it will be competitive, but the M5 is a moving target, just like the RS4 is moving target for the new M3.

I think the new 135i coupe ( with the Tii trim) is basically the spiritually successor to the E46 M3, even the E36 M3. It will have loads of power (the same engine as the 335i) and will be loads of fun. That dude on getbig who bought that Evo, just wasted his money.  Because if he buys the new 1 series, he gets 4 yrs of free service from BMW ( Am I correct, njflex?)...versus Mitsu's unreliability issues.   

Imo it will compete. Gm can put a car together if they want to. I am a HUGE euro fan , and I love this car. Just my opinion.

This car is just savage looking.

That said the new m5 is incredable. I drove one awhile back. My bastard of a friend owns one.

Imagine it in black, the reflection of the  angles would make this car even more bad ass.

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:27:52 AM »
Add in some deep shell wheels in black and you have darth vador with over 500 horse. I love this car.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:30:18 PM »
Add in some deep shell wheels in black and you have darth vador with over 500 horse. I love this car.

That or some deep dish BBS', with no Chrome lip, just all black. This is actually a car I am looking forward to in final form.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
That or some deep dish BBS', with no Chrome lip, just all black. This is actually a car I am looking forward to in final form.
yes parker 4/50,000 service,the car market is very competitive,foreign market is grabbing headlines,but american with foreign parts and styling gaining some ground.bmw and mercedes still rule the roost,lexus and infiniti are coming up and doing good job.bmw keeps me a job due to maintence and electrical issues  8).....