Author Topic: no carbs on "off" training days?  (Read 702 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
no carbs on "off" training days?
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
I'm getting pretty damn fat...Id' even out mass squad if we stood next to each other at this point!  ;D  I'm trying to cut down a little but need the carbs in my diet for the heavy training i'm doing.

I was thinking of just taking carbs out of my diet on the days i'm not training since i'm in the gym every other day. Good idea? Bad? Carb cycling worked well last time but my training would suffer alot if i went days iwthout carbs and at the moment thats' not what I want to happen.

Or maybe keep my carbs in my diet up to say 5 in the evening then cut them out?

I dunno...what do you guys think?!  On my off days I run sprints at the local track but that doesn't really tax enough to count for much.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: no carbs on "off" training days?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
I'm getting pretty damn fat...Id' even out mass squad if we stood next to each other at this point!  ;D  I'm trying to cut down a little but need the carbs in my diet for the heavy training i'm doing.

I was thinking of just taking carbs out of my diet on the days i'm not training since i'm in the gym every other day. Good idea? Bad? Carb cycling worked well last time but my training would suffer alot if i went days iwthout carbs and at the moment thats' not what I want to happen.

Or maybe keep my carbs in my diet up to say 5 in the evening then cut them out?

I dunno...what do you guys think?!  On my off days I run sprints at the local track but that doesn't really tax enough to count for much.

well if the carb cyling worked well for you and you want to do a keto diet you can try a targeted ketogenic diet. that will allow you to time your carb intake around your workouts. you should be able to provide enough energy for you workouts but still be able to return to ketosis within a few hours or so.

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Re: no carbs on "off" training days?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
Lo/No Carbs is a great way to drop weight quickly.
I also like to have these days on my OFF training days (of course I would still do some cardio)

My no carb/lo carb day is as follows:
I have 6 meals,  two are protein shakes (ON Gold Standard Whey, of course  :))
and I add fats 2x a day, i.e. a handful of almonds....
If you want to include carbs, I would do the first 2 meals, or the 1st and 3rd meal.

It all depends on how much you weigh etc...

In the past I have used MCT Oil 2xday. It really curves your cravings and keeps the energy up.

It does not seem to be as popular anymore.
O