Author Topic: The F Scale  (Read 2677 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
The F Scale
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »
Fifty years ago, the Authoritarian Personality studies attempted to "construct an instrument that would yield an estimate of fascist receptivity at the personality level."

This online, interactive F Scale presents that instrument in its final form. Additional information, including an explanation of the personality variables the F Scale tries to measure, is given below after the questionnaire. So take the F Scale now --- or else!

http://www.anesi.com/fscale.htm

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: The F Scale
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »
2.6 "You are a liberal airhead."

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:55:33 AM »
3.5  Within normal limits; an appropriate score for an American. (The overall average score for groups tested in the original study is listed in the 1950 publication as 3.84, with men averaging somewhat higher and women somewhat lower.)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »
3.26* (recurring)

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Berserker exposed as the society destroyer he is!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »

My problem is, besides an inability to round-off, is that I'm a liberal air head.  As long as you learn something new everyday!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
3.26* (recurring)

Berserker exposed as the society destroyer he is!
::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »
You are a liberal airhead.

2.5    lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »
You are a liberal airhead.

2.5    lol
Shit!  you outlibbed me >:(  beaten by 1 tenth :D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »
Your F Score is 3

The full scale comments:

If your score is...        You are...
Less than 2                A whining rotter. 

2 to 3
A liberal airhead.

3 to 4.5
Within normal limits; an appropriate score for an American. (The overall average score for groups tested in the original study is listed in the 1950 publication as 3.84, with men averaging somewhat higher and women somewhat lower.)

4.5 to 5.5
You may want to practice doing things with your left hand. 

5.5 or higher
Have trouble keeping the lint off your black shirts?
R

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
Shit!  you outlibbed me >:(  beaten by 1 tenth :D
I'd have beaten you too but I hate children.  The romantic drivel that we have something to learn from children possessing magical innocence is crapola.

Kids need beatings.  Ok, not beatings but discipline.  Children must be taught.  They can teach me nothing.

Oh jeez, I am Bush Man!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 02:41:42 PM »
I'd have beaten you too but I hate children.  The romantic drivel that we have something to learn from children possessing magical innocence is crapola.

Kids need beatings.  Ok, not beatings but discipline.  Children must be taught.  They can teach me nothing.

Oh jeez, I am Bush Man!

Nah, I'm liberal, but no way does a child know more than me... Sure, they do some cute shit and all, but when they step out of line, you have to show them who's boss.

Children NEED that... Without it, they end up all fucked up in the head.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »
Obedience and respect for authority are the most important virtues children should learn.I strongly disagreed on the base of "most important" This is not correct, several other things could be considered more important not that this isn't important.

Young people sometimes get rebellious ideas, but as they grow up they ought to get over them and settle down.I saw this as basically based in a common belief of rightwingers like Hannity that state many people start out liberals and end up conservatives, often falsely noting Churchill, I strongly disagreed

What the youth needs most is strict discipline, rugged determination, and the will to work and fight for family and country.again, I strongly disagreed based on this being what youth "need most" again, these are valid things, but not what I would call they need most.  Afterall, raise your kid right and he will have the mental capacity to analytically make the correct decisions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »
Obedience and respect for authority are the most important virtues children should learn.I strongly disagreed on the base of "most important" This is not correct, several other things could be considered more important not that this isn't important.

Young people sometimes get rebellious ideas, but as they grow up they ought to get over them and settle down.I saw this as basically based in a common belief of rightwingers like Hannity that state many people start out liberals and end up conservatives, often falsely noting Churchill, I strongly disagreed

What the youth needs most is strict discipline, rugged determination, and the will to work and fight for family and country.again, I strongly disagreed based on this being what youth "need most" again, these are valid things, but not what I would call they need most.  Afterall, raise your kid right and he will have the mental capacity to analytically make the correct decisions.

I pretty much agree.  Obedience and respect for authority are very important, but I put honesty and integrity at the top of the list. 

I think people should keep their rebellious ideas, but as they grow up they need to learn how to pick their battles. 

Discipline, determination, and the will to work and fight, along with honesty, integrity, faith, a strong work ethic, compassion, common sense, etc.  All important factors for "the youth." 

Does that make me a liberal?  :-\

:)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »
I pretty much agree.  Obedience and respect for authority are very important, but I put honesty and integrity at the top of the list. 

I think people should keep their rebellious ideas, but as they grow up they need to learn how to pick their battles. 

Discipline, determination, and the will to work and fight, along with honesty, integrity, faith, a strong work ethic, compassion, common sense, etc.  All important factors for "the youth." 

Does that make me a liberal?  :-\

:)
Do you want to be a liberal :D  I can knight you in the liberal order... ;D

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 10:59:14 AM »
Do you want to be a liberal :D  I can knight you in the liberal order... ;D

Can I be an honorary liberal?   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »
Can I be an honorary liberal?   :)

You can, but you always be quasi liberal, not quite liberal, you'll be the diet coke of liberal, just one calorie.   ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 12:00:43 PM »
You can, but you always be quasi liberal, not quite liberal, you'll be the diet coke of liberal, just one calorie.   ;D

Not even enough... :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 12:08:26 PM »

lol.  :)  You never know.  I'm like a chameleon.   :)