Author Topic: QUESTION FOR SOME OF YOU YEAR ROUND JUICERS????  (Read 5750 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
QUESTION FOR SOME OF YOU YEAR ROUND JUICERS????
« on: November 06, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
if you could drop all the juice completely just to prove to yourself that you're mentally strong enough to do it, could you?

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
Re: QUESTION FOR SOME OF YOU YEAR ROUND JUICERS????
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »
What the fuck are you saying? 

If you could...could you?

That makes no sense.  What you just said is the same as this; if you could drink water, could you?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

That makes no sense.  What you just said is the same as this; if you could drink water, could you?
my guess is that you're one of the guys i'm talking about.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
you busted him squad ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

If you have followed my posts, you'd most certainly see this isn't true.  

But, if I were using, the answer would be Yes, I could quit juicing if I could.  

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
If you have followed my posts, you'd most certainly see this isn't true.  

But, if I were using, the answer would be Yes, I could quit juicing if I could.  
hahahhaa, ok Mr. Proof Reader, WOULD YOU if you could? ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:23 PM »
I got nothin whatsoever against those that juice, but for those that are heavy users I seriously doubt there would be any reason (let alone mental toughness) to continue on in their training without their chemical crutch.   These types crave the "instant" physical results and constant mental reinforcement supplied by the gear and I highly doubt they'd "press on" if they got off cold turkey.   Again, I have no problem with people that use, but I don't see them able to push on confidently without the sauce.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »
I got nothin whatsoever against those that juice, but for those that are heavy users I seriously doubt there would be any reason (let alone mental toughness) to continue on in their training without their chemical crutch.   These types crave the "instant" physical results and constant mental reinforcement supplied by the gear and I highly doubt they'd "press on" if they got off cold turkey.   Again, I have no problem with people that use, but I don't see them able to push on confidently without the sauce.
i agree, i have absolutely NOTHING AGAINST people who use because i've used my share but i seriously doubt that these year round juicer guys could just stop at the drop of a hat.

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 01:35:03 PM »
hahahhaa, ok Mr. Proof Reader, WOULD YOU if you could? ::)

What's in it for me?  Will everyone still know how awesome I am?  Will I still get to mock all the rich guys at the gym for not having bigger arms?  Will I still get to bitch about the US government not dealing with the "real" problems?  Will I still get to believe that steroids are no more harmful than water?  Will I still get to believe that all my gains are from hard work?  

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »
i agree, i have absolutely NOTHING AGAINST people who use because i've used my share but i seriously doubt that these year round juicer guys could just stop at the drop of a hat.

The year round juicers are basically full blown drug addicts....their bodies may not crave their gear if suddenly forced to stop, but their minds will continue to crave the results indefinitely.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »
The year round juicers are basically full blown drug addicts....their bodies may not crave their gear if suddenly forced to stop, but their minds will continue to crave the results indefinitely.

yep, they're very psychologically addictive.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 01:42:27 PM »

Now, I may not have ever used anything, but don't think I ain't never thought about it or come close on many, many occassions to giving it a try.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »

Very true.

That's why so many guys don't want to come off.

8)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »

I could drink water...okay, so whats the big deal, I drink water, get off my fking back

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »
Over the last few years I've probably averaged about 35-40% of the year on & the rest off. As I said in another thread I've got no problem training naturally & if for whatever reason I didn't touch another steroid I'd continue to train & be fine. But then again I don't think I've ever used gear as a crutch more like a tool. My training, diet, & such don't change much off or on.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
Yeah, just came off 1+ yr. No big deal.
I'll throw some blood work results up in a month or two.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »
My longest cycle was 8 months and recovery wasn't bad but i was mentally drained for sure. Hormone levels all over the place but i worked through it and was fine.

8)

DragonRider

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
The problem is that your question is loaded with a prejudgement and an erroneous assumption.
The assumption being the ridiculously (not you) naive notion that one can achieve the same results without juice, but that it will take longer. I've been working out for 30 years and only the last 10 have been with assistance. I can assure you that no one will ever achieve the same results in a longer period of time naturally. Your hormone profile diminishes as you age and that by itself will not allow it.
The prejudgement was that anyone who juices year round is phychologically addicted. That may be true for some, but for others gaining 75 pounds of muscle over a number of years is like being able to save a million dollars. You don't save a million dollars over the years just to turn around and give it away to prove that you are psychologically or morally strong enough to live poor again. You don't invest all of that hard work for nothing. That is just sheer stupidity.

DragonRider

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 04:29:08 PM »
But then again I don't think I've ever used gear as a crutch more like a tool.

Good point there. This question is almost like asking would you go back to hammering nails with a rock instead of a hammer to prove you aren't addicted to the much more efficient hammer and it implies that if you wouldn't then you must be weak. There can't be any other reason you wouldn't quit. You're just a weak morally bankrupt individual.
I've worked out for 20 years without and 10 years with. What does it really prove if I go back to looking like I did before? In my mind it would prove I'm willing to sacrifice 10 years of hard work to prove something to someone who is judging me for not wanting to be stupid.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »
The problem is that your question is loaded with a prejudgement and an erroneous assumption.
The assumption being the ridiculously (not you) naive notion that one can achieve the same results without juice, but that it will take longer. I've been working out for 30 years and only the last 10 have been with assistance. I can assure you that no one will ever achieve the same results in a longer period of time naturally. Your hormone profile diminishes as you age and that by itself will not allow it.
The prejudgement was that anyone who juices year round is phychologically addicted. That may be true for some, but for others gaining 75 pounds of muscle over a number of years is like being able to save a million dollars. You don't save a million dollars over the years just to turn around and give it away to prove that you are psychologically or morally strong enough to live poor again. You don't invest all of that hard work for nothing. That is just sheer stupidity.
Good point there. This question is almost like asking would you go back to hammering nails with a rock instead of a hammer to prove you aren't addicted to the much more efficient hammer and it implies that if you wouldn't then you must be weak. There can't be any other reason you wouldn't quit. You're just a weak morally bankrupt individual.
I've worked out for 20 years without and 10 years with. What does it really prove if I go back to looking like I did before? In my mind it would prove I'm willing to sacrifice 10 years of hard work to prove something to someone who is judging me for not wanting to be stupid.

Good points, and I agree.

In my case, could I give it up, yes, but for the moment I see no reason why I should.

I have no desire to train for months or years on end without one of the tools that aids in the process. If for some reason my health became an issue, or if there arose a financial burden that could be relieved by stopping use, then sure, I'd stop.

atr911

• Getbig II
  • This is why we GetBig
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »
I'm going to use an analogy here that I think may put it in perspective.  I hope there are alot of car nuts here.

You work your ass off for years and year just to get that (insert exotic car here).  You finally get your Porsche and although your previous car was fast, it just didn't have that look or performance of the Porsche.  A Porsche is engineered.  In your opinion, Dudes wanna be you and chicks want you while you drive that car.  You drive the piss out of it for a few years and enjoy it like it was nobody's business.  This was your dream after all.  Slowly but surely you'll get bored with the car.  You have two options.  One, buy a newer, faster one (up the dose) or two, because of changing priorities in life, buy a mini van (get off crank).

Since we're discussing going clean, you've picked the mini van.  Do you ever think about back in the day while driving the van past the young dude in the Porsche with the pretty blonde?  Hell yeah!  Probably even lust for the thrill again but you've been there and done that.  Life changes and so do your priorities.  Addiction is state of mind.  So long as you have a grip on what is important in your life you'll always be fine.

Hope I didn't offend any natty's with the mini van comment.  I'm sure there are alot of natty's out there who are probably closer to Supra's, or RX7's or mustangs... but let's be honest.... no such thing as a natty Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini.  There is a look (and a stigma) that accompany these rides that no other vehicle has.
Git 'er dun!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »

That's often the hardest part of an addiction to break.

Alex23

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
if you could drop all the juice completely just to prove to yourself that you're mentally strong enough to do it, could you?

The other question Dave is why do it without even planning on competing ??? For "beach season" and/or get back at the "guy" who "humiliated" you in 11th grade???

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »
I'm going to use an analogy here that I think may put it in perspective.  I hope there are alot of car nuts here.

You work your ass off for years and year just to get that (insert exotic car here).  You finally get your Porsche and although your previous car was fast, it just didn't have that look or performance of the Porsche.  A Porsche is engineered.  In your opinion, Dudes wanna be you and chicks want you while you drive that car.  You drive the piss out of it for a few years and enjoy it like it was nobody's business.  This was your dream after all.  Slowly but surely you'll get bored with the car.  You have two options.  One, buy a newer, faster one (up the dose) or two, because of changing priorities in life, buy a mini van (get off crank).

Since we're discussing going clean, you've picked the mini van.  Do you ever think about back in the day while driving the van past the young dude in the Porsche with the pretty blonde?  Hell yeah!  Probably even lust for the thrill again but you've been there and done that.  Life changes and so do your priorities.  Addiction is state of mind.  So long as you have a grip on what is important in your life you'll always be fine.

Hope I didn't offend any natty's with the mini van comment.  I'm sure there are alot of natty's out there who are probably closer to Supra's, or RX7's or mustangs... but let's be honest.... no such thing as a natty Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini.  There is a look (and a stigma) that accompany these rides that no other vehicle has.

Nice!

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
The other question Dave is why do it without even planning on competing ??? For "beach season" and/or get back at the "guy" who "humiliated" you in 11th grade???
Personally the only reason I've ever messed with the stuff is for the purpose of various goals in BB...if it weren't for that I'd more then likely never have touched it.

That said, I don't have any problem with people using who just use it to feel better, look better, etc. But like I said, I'd prob never have touched it if it weren't for my goals. Now that I have though, and because of that learned a lot more about the stuff, I can guarantee you when I'm older I'll be HRT bound. For starters I won't have much of a choice because of all the years of use, further, I'm a big proponent of HRT and its benefits in older guys...been trying to get my dad going on this for a while now.