Author Topic: Salaries...? Milos, chick, shawn?  (Read 7247 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Salaries...? Milos, chick, shawn?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »
So Bob, have you invested in a house yet or are you still in the place we saw on BBing.com?

I bought a house last Oct. in the Valencia CA area.....

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2007, 08:52:16 PM »

hmmm . . . I guess Chick doesn't know what a credit crunch is . . .  :-\

Alex23

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2007, 08:57:39 PM »
I bought a house last Oct. in the Valencia CA area.....

Do you see Chris Cook when making a Safeway run or going for pancakes on saturday morning? He's was in Santa Clarita last time I talked to him...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »
Smart people make money work for them.  I have no doubt all three of these guys are pulling well over six figures a year, which is really not that difficult to do if you play your cards right.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2007, 09:01:11 PM »

Do you see Chris Cook when making a Safeway run or going for pancakes on saturday morning? He's was in Santa Clarita last time I talked to him...

LOL...we live about 1 mi. from each other.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »
h

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
Smart people make money work for them.  I have no doubt all three of these guys are pulling well over six figures a year, which is really not that difficult to do if you play your cards right.

yea charging guys in the gym 375/hr to tell them how to pick up weights.  :-\

Alex23

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2007, 09:04:09 PM »
LOL...we live about 1 mi. from each other.

Do you miss the Marina Del Rey / Venice area? You were there for a while I believe. Suburbia is quite a different animal..

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »
talking sport and money - there's still no comparison between pro bb and pro footballers, European soccer players, or F1 drivers.

but as Ron said, it's not all about money. IMO, if you start doing anything purely for the money you're unlikely to ever reach the pinnacles of financial success in that game. On the other hand, those who achieved great financial success out of sport hardly ever thought about money when started

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »
talking sport and money - there's still no comparison between pro bb and pro footballers, European soccer players, or F1 drivers.

but as Ron said, it's not all about money. IMO, if you start doing anything purely for the money you're unlikely to ever reach the pinnacles of financial success in that game. On the other hand, those who achieved great financial success out of sport hardly ever thought about money when started

There's more money to be made in bodybuilding than most sports.
Z

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »
how?

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2007, 01:46:16 AM »
HAHAHA wow some of u guys are just clueless. You don't know what it's like living in California and what people get paid here. All 3 of them make way over 150K a year. Way way way over. Milos 3 times that amount.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2007, 01:58:39 AM »
Gotta go with Milos on this one, he's a good salesman and knows how to market!

I agree.. Milos is so successful that idiots willing to pay $400 - $500 per hour for an hour training (30 minutes talk and 30 minutes workout)
I am a mini beast

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »
Compare that to 10m - 40m for F1 drivers and soccer players and bb will look the poorest of all

gotta love the game, not the cash

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
HAHAHA wow some of u guys are just clueless. You don't know what it's like living in California and what people get paid here.

That's the comical part... it costs three times as much to live there as it does anywhere else.  If a bb'er makes $150k in Cali, that's nothing to brag about.  Factor out taxes (remember these guys are self-employed, so they foot the employer portion of payroll taxes as well), drugs and other business expenses, and the ridiculous cost of living out there, and it's like a guy making $50k in many other cities.  Not terrible, but hardly living large, and when these guys retire in a few years, no more income.  Ronnie Coleman may not be a rocket scientist, but at least he was smart enough to live in Dallas while raking in the big bucks.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
That's the comical part... it costs three times as much to live there as it does anywhere else.  If a bb'er makes $150k in Cali, that's nothing to brag about.  Factor out taxes (remember these guys are self-employed, so they foot the employer portion of payroll taxes as well), drugs and other business expenses, and the ridiculous cost of living out there, and it's like a guy making $50k in many other cities.  Not terrible, but hardly living large, and where these guys retire in a few years, no more income.  Ronnie Coleman may not be a rocket scientist, but at least he was smart enough to live in Dallas while raking in the big bucks.

No shit, California is a shithole at best. The only good thing about it left is the Sierra's. Nothing else left there but hotheaded assholes high taxes and violence. Not to mention no seasons................. .......boring. Was glad to move away from there when I did near 30 years ago.
h

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »
That's the comical part... it costs three times as much to live there as it does anywhere else.  If a bb'er makes $150k in Cali, that's nothing to brag about.  Factor out taxes (remember these guys are self-employed, so they foot the employer portion of payroll taxes as well), drugs and other business expenses, and the ridiculous cost of living out there, and it's like a guy making $50k in many other cities.  Not terrible, but hardly living large, and where these guys retire in a few years, no more income.  Ronnie Coleman may not be a rocket scientist, but at least he was smart enough to live in Dallas while raking in the big bucks.

Lets not forget everything is leased or on credit

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 05:03:09 PM »
No shit, California is a shithole at best. The only good thing about it left is the Sierra's. Nothing else left there but hotheaded assholes high taxes and violence. Not to mention no seasons................. .......boring. Was glad to move away from there when I did near 30 years ago.
Haha, you sound bitter.  That's why everyone wants to come to CA.  Where do you live that is so great?  Lol.  If you want to talk about taxes, check out the East Coast.  Try again.
Squishy face retard

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
ok, so maybe chick is making a little cash.  But no way is shawn making more than 50 grand a year....somehow.
you are gay.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2007, 09:03:30 AM »
sales of bee pollen had him going from rags to riches

Not even close, I took in a little over 50k last year and I'll problably end up around 40k this year since I moved back to North Carolina and shut down my nutritional business for a few months while moving all of my supplements and fitness equipment l into a new warehouse facility.  I invest most of my profits back into the business and an IRA and only take out what I need to get by. 

I intend to retire by age 40 so don't have to work all my life.  Eventually, I'll move to Pigeon Forge, TN, buy a nice cabin, and just fish and play golf.

Shawn and Chick make way over 150K but the cost of living in Cali is pretty high.  Is it really that important???
A

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2007, 09:07:13 AM »

Not even close, I took in a little over 50k last year and I'll problably end up around 40k this year since I moved back to North Carolina and shut down my nutritional business for a few months while moving all of my supplements and fitness equipment l into a new warehouse facility.  I invest most of my profits back into the business and an IRA and only take out what I need to get by. 

I intend to retire by age 40 so don't have to work all my life.  Eventually, I'll move to Pigeon Forge, TN, buy a nice cabin, and just fish and play golf.

Shawn and Chick make way over 150K but the cost of living in Cali is pretty high.  Is it really that important???

I doubt you make 5k a year

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
Some teachers make $40K a year and are happy with what they do and earn? Life isnt all about money, money, money.  Satisfaction, enjoyment, fulfillment - all help. Hell, I know people who make over a million a year, and are not happy at all. Wish they could go back to the times that they had it easier, less stress, less complications. So it is all what you make out of it.

And I also know a lot of people who make $30-$40K a year, and enjoy life. True, they can't get a lot of the ammenities, but the basics - rent, food, clothes is being met. Strive to enjoy life, save, and keep your health.

amen

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2007, 09:20:56 AM »
Compare that to 10m - 40m for F1 drivers and soccer players and bb will look the poorest of all

gotta love the game, not the cash

Compare them to sports like archery, marathon runners, luge, swimmers, etc. and bb looks relatively lucrative.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »

If you made 50k last year it's probably 5k from bee pollen sales and "training" (at the MOST), and the remainder from being a cab driver or something of that sort.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2007, 09:23:28 AM »
If you made 50k last year it's probably 5k from bee pollen sales and "training" (at the MOST), and the remainder from being a cab driver or something of that sort.
impossible, no cab company would trust Vince with a cab.