Author Topic: A story: females matched in one-on-one competition  (Read 905 times)

zygote

• Getbig I
A story: females matched in one-on-one competition
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:27:35 PM »
   I'm looking to get some perspective from the competitors in here on a short story idea I'm working on, involving a matchup between a couple of female physique athletes (they may end up anywhere from bodybuilders to fitness models). The competition would not be determined by the decisions of judges, per se, but the two competitors, who would test each other body to body, muscle to muscle. The format, which I've yet to determine, could involve anything from strength, fitness and flexibility to more direct, hand-to-hand tests of power, will and endurance.
   It would take place in a unique, classy setting before an exclusive audience, some of whom might bet on the outcome. The women each have an elegance and style all their own, but are nonetheless quite competitive.
   To start, I'd love to get your thoughts on:
   * What type of women might be willing to compete one-on-one?
   * What would motivate them to accept this kind of challenge (money? a big prize? endorsement or modeling work? pride in defeating another exceptional athlete?)?
   * How might they prepare themselves mentally and physically for this type of contest?
   * What kind of psychological interplay or warfare might go on between the competitors (does much go on at your own shows, too?)?
   This could be a dynamite piece with the right characters, setting, etc. - great dramatic potential.