Author Topic: I get so annoyed with "conspiracy" talk  (Read 853 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
I get so annoyed with "conspiracy" talk
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »
Reading thru old posts... there seem to be 3 kinds of people here:

1)  ALARMIST  You look at every world event as a sneaky, evil plot.  Yes, the people in charge do shady shit and lie to you about it.  It's how they keep your country stronger without making you have to worry about it.  Yes, they lie.  Cause we're too dumb to understand the geopolitical things behind it all.  They let small attacks happen so they don't have to wait for other countries to get bigger and stronger, or cause we just need their resources.  They say the war is going better, or worse, than it is, to get the population to support something.  You guys need to chill out and quit freaking out over everything small.

2)   SHEEP You believe everything you see on the news, and what the people in charge say.  Guess what - if you look at history, every civilization in history has been corrupt and lied to their people.  So either you're living in the first society in history where they're honest, or you're just gullible.  You guys need to learn not to chastise others for analyzing situations and not just swallowing spoonfed info.

3)   IN THE MIDDLE You are in the middle. You know the news and our leaders do lie.  You know some of it is true though, and some is bullshit.  You are cool enough not to tell EITHER side they're full of shit, cause they're both a little right.  There are some crazy evil conspiracies that have happened, we know this.  But not everything in society is one.  Sometimes, shit just happens.

okay, MELTDOWN over  ;D

Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: I get so annoyed with "conspiracy" talk
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »
What I love is how a calm conspiracy theorist gets into the head of some skeptics so bad they turn fire engine red and lash out with mockery and belittlement of the conspiracy theorist...  To funny, the theorist already has the low ground by default.  The skeptic has the high ground by default.  Yet the skeptic shows up to the media event with mockery and no serious intention of debating facts.  The skeptic starts usually calm, debunking several notions, then when the CT guy brings in a but that the skeptic didn't think about, booom... meltdown, here comes a dish of more mockery...  Never will a skeptic meet on an even playing ground...  They continually attempt to elevate themselves by picturing their opponent as crazy and paranoid.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:07:46 AM »
What I love is how a calm conspiracy theorist gets into the head of some skeptics so bad they turn fire engine red and lash out with mockery and belittlement of the conspiracy theorist...  To funny, the theorist already has the low ground by default.  The skeptic has the high ground by default.  Yet the skeptic shows up to the media event with mockery and no serious intention of debating facts.  The skeptic is usually calm, debunking several notions, then when the CT guy brings in a but that the skeptic didn't think about, booom... meltdown, here comes a dish of more mockery...  Never will a skeptic meet on an even playing ground...  They continually attempt to elevate themselves by picturing their opponent as crazy and paranoid.

Will you concede that some of the extreme stuff is a little nutty and not based in fact?

At the same time, you're absolutely right - when the established media brings on CTers, and all they do is insult them, you tend to think "why doesn't Glenn Beck want to demolish this guy's evidence for the country to see?"

I never bought 911 until I saw Loose change debate popular mechanics on NPR on youtube.  The popular mechanics guys called the kids nazis or something.  I thought to myself, these kids might be full of shit, but these adults are stooping so low it looks desperate.  So i researched it, and yeah, the skeptics have major points that leads one to think ... well...

Yeah, berserker youre right though.  in every other scientific debate - global warming, evolution, etc - it's two groups of scientists/scholars taking turns showing their evidence and they discuss it.  On this 911 stuff, you have one rational side, and usually the host insulting them.  very odd.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:56:15 AM »
Yes, there are some nuts out there for sure, and take a nut saying this stuff and boom...  looks real bad.  One thing to remember is that some of the most silly things out there come from the actual conspirators.  Feeding misinformation into the conspiracy it a very useful tool.  A percentage will grab onto it and publish.  The overall theory is then removed a little farther from being accepted in the mainstream.  Then there are some theories that are just pure bs to begin with.  But the fact is, some are not.  Some men of power have and always will conspire to commit evil deeds to further goals not attainable any other way.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:56 PM »
Reading thru old posts... there seem to be 3 kinds of people here:

1)  ALARMIST  You look at every world event as a sneaky, evil plot.  Yes, the people in charge do shady shit and lie to you about it.  It's how they keep your country stronger without making you have to worry about it.  Yes, they lie.  Cause we're too dumb to understand the geopolitical things behind it all.  They let small attacks happen so they don't have to wait for other countries to get bigger and stronger, or cause we just need their resources.  They say the war is going better, or worse, than it is, to get the population to support something.  You guys need to chill out and quit freaking out over everything small.

2)   SHEEP You believe everything you see on the news, and what the people in charge say.  Guess what - if you look at history, every civilization in history has been corrupt and lied to their people.  So either you're living in the first society in history where they're honest, or you're just gullible.  You guys need to learn not to chastise others for analyzing situations and not just swallowing spoonfed info.

3)   IN THE MIDDLE You are in the middle. You know the news and our leaders do lie.  You know some of it is true though, and some is bullshit.  You are cool enough not to tell EITHER side they're full of shit, cause they're both a little right.  There are some crazy evil conspiracies that have happened, we know this.  But not everything in society is one.  Sometimes, shit just happens.

okay, MELTDOWN over  ;D

Brilliant post.
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »
It actually sounds like a rational version of 240.  A kinder, gentler version. 

Hypothetically speaking.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »

Hypothetically speaking.   :)

LOL... BB, I'm passionate about politics. I have a hard time debating them because I get too worked up.  honestly.  I do take shit too seriously.  I just get so annoyed with those who haven't researched the topics, speaking as if they know the topics.  I am drawn back here because I love the discussions and topics, but I quickly realize that I do take it too seriously and need to stick with the Bucs discussion board instead.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:20:54 AM »

Hypothetically speaking.   :)

hahaha yeah, 240 is kinda a crazy fccker.  Definitely falls into ALARMIST category