Author Topic: BENJAMIN ROETHLISBERGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6289 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: BENJAMIN ROETHLISBERGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
IMO the top 5 QB's right now
1- Brady
2-Manning
3-Ben
4-Favre
5-Romo

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »
I hate the Cowboys and Cowboys fans, especially. Most of them are obnoxious and annoying.

LOTS and LOTS of NFL fans jumped on the Troy, Emmitt, Michael Cowboys era in the early 90's. Fans literally came out of the woodwork here in Baltimore and world wide. Every where you went their fanbase grew exponentially while the Cowboys' franchise experienced their greatest success.

Then Troy retires. Then Michael retires. And lastly, Emmitt. For about 5 years you didn't hear DIDLEY SQUAT from Cowboys fans until last year.

Typical fans who stand by their team when they are winning and fast to jump ship when the transition into bad years becomes imminent.

There will always be people who bandwagon on any team that is winning. And annoying fans are nothing new to the pro sports. Raiders, Lakers, Cowboys, Eagles, Red Sox and Patriots are the worst in my opinion. But I can't help that and I never said anything about how great the Cowboys were in this thread, I just said Ben was overrated since from the time he got to Pittsburg he was only working with half a field and relied on a running game and play-action to succeed. He never really demonstrated until this year that he could improvise and win a game by his arm when the running game is failing.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes with him.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2007, 07:51:33 AM »
I gotta say this:

Cool sounding name at least.
As empty as paradise

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »
Steelers looked real good today ;)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2007, 12:38:15 AM »
Ben is an above average qb. he depends more on his team more than his team depends on him, unlike Brady, Manning and Romo. Favre is the same way. imo Big Ben is second tier easily. you cant lose to the Jets, Broncos and Cards with that defense and persistant run game and be considered elite.
i do think he is a franchise qb, in that if you draft decently and have a top ten d he can lead his team to the playoffs.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »
you cant lose to the Jets, Broncos and Cards with that defense and persistant run game and be considered elite.

persistant run game ???

we couldn't run the ball against any of those teams and the broncos and jets were ranked last in the league against the rush

our line is terrible, the jets had 9 sacks all year, 7 YESTERDAY :o :o :o :o

I tremble thinking what this line would do with tommy maddox back there, ben is great at avoiding sacks

alan faneca doesn't deserve another nickel from us and sean mahan is no jeff hartings

we laid a major egg yesterday :-[

E

E

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 11:45:38 AM »
persistant run game ???

we couldn't run the ball against any of those teams and the broncos and jets were ranked last in the league against the rush

I tremble thinking what this line would do with tommy maddox back there, ben is great at avoiding sacks

alan faneca doesn't deserve another nickel from us and sean mahan is no jeff hartings

E

i guess you would know i wasnt able to watch the game yesterday. i had no idea Ben was sacked 7 times...geez.
and by persistant i meant in general the Steelers are devoted to the run more than most teams.
they perfromed so well last week, Ben showed some major mobility, although that was against the Ravens.
that was a GREAT HIT HInes Ward had last week!!!!!!!! that was a STICK!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
persistant run game ???

E

The Offensive line has been pissing me off lately, seems Ben always has to escape defenders if he wants to make a play. Give him the line of Indy, New England or Dallas and he would be unquestionably top 3 QB in the league.
I

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

The Offensive line has been pissing me off lately, seems Ben always has to escape defenders if he wants to make a play. Give him the line of Indy, New England or Dallas and he would be unquestionably top 3 QB in the league.

Brady had ALL DAY to throw yesterday, the protection has been incredible the whole year.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
Brady had ALL DAY to throw yesterday, the protection has been incredible the whole year.

I hope Brady goes out like Theisman but I want a Steelers LB to do the damage.
I

body88

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »

I hope Brady goes out like Theisman but I want a Steelers LB to do the damage.

Since a guy is having a historic year you want him to go out like thiesmen? Why would you wish injury on anyone for being a great player? How about Big Ben? Should I wish injury on him since he is playing at a very high level. Having played the game I would never wish injury on even the most hated of rivals.

The pats defensive line makes the jets line (who cut you up) look like a jv squad. Hopefully big Ben does not suffer the fate you are wishing on others.

I wouldent be wishing career enders on others. Any line that allowes the NYJ to sack there qb seven times would worry me.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2007, 02:24:39 PM »
Since a guy is having a historic year you want him to go out like thiesmen? Why would you wish injury on anyone for being a good player? How about Big Ben? Should I wish injury on him since he is playing at a very high level.

The pats defensive line makes the jets line ( who cut you up) look like a jv squad. Hopefully big Ben does not suffer the fate you are wishing on others.

I never liked Brady, Drew Bledsoe should have been the starter when they won that first one. Either way Big Ben can hold his own and he isn't going to get owned by a bunch of over the hill linebackers.

I

body88

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »

I never liked Brady, Drew Bledsoe should have been the starter when they won that first one. Either way Big Ben can hold his own and he isn't going to get owned by a bunch of over the hill linebackers.

Mike Vrabel is one of the best linebackers in the NFL this year. You do know he is having a huge year correct? On both sides of the ball. He plays offensive snaps to. AD had three sacks last night. AD is a monster. Colvin is not over the hill, he is having a great year. The pats use vet lb by design because of the system. The pats d has been top five all year. Vs better offensive opponents the the steelers.

The pats d is just as good as the steelers. Look at the offenses the pats have faced vs the steelers.

The pats offensive line has a average age of 27. Warren Wilfork and Seymour are the best d line in football. Toss in Green and Wright as backups who can start on any team in this leauge. Youth and depth makes up that line.

If the jets can beat up on the steelers I would think anyone can.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »
Mike Vrabel is one of the best linebackers in the NFL this year. You do know he is having a huge year correct? On both sides of the ball. He plays offensive snaps to. AD had three sacks last night. AD is a monster. Colvin is not over the hill, he is having a great year. The pats use vet lb by design because of the system. The pats d has been top five all year. Vs better offensive opponents the the steelers.

The pats d is just as good as the steelers. Look at the offenses the pats have faced vs the steelers.

The pats offensive line has a average age of 27. Warren Wilfork and Seymour are the best d line in football. Toss in Green and Wright as backups who can start on any team in this leauge. Youth and depth makes up that line.

If the jets can beat up on the steelers I would think anyone can.

I am not saying their linbackers suck but just that Big Ben will not have a problem getting away from them, they won't be getting clean hits off on him.
I

body88

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »

I am not saying their linbackers suck but just that Big Ben will not have a problem getting away from them, they won't be getting clean hits off on him.

I think that is bens best attribute. He is a big strong dude that can really move. Very accurate on the move. Personally I think Ben is a great qb.

I dont want any injuries on either side. Just a competative football game. Thats just me though.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »
Big Ben will be flustered against the Pats Scheme.
Pitts D will bend but not break, problem will be that they will start to bend in the 2nd quarter and it will last till the 4th.
Pat will win the SB.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »
Ben is an above average qb. he depends more on his team more than his team depends on him, unlike Brady, Manning and Romo. Favre is the same way. imo Big Ben is second tier easily. you cant lose to the Jets, Broncos and Cards with that defense and persistant run game and be considered elite.
i do think he is a franchise qb, in that if you draft decently and have a top ten d he can lead his team to the playoffs.

That is just what I was saying.

Thank God  ;) Atheist is here.