Author Topic: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8  (Read 16965 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »
My take.................Wei ders and others got rich off of bodybuilders/bodybuilding (until vince mcmahon  started his World Bodybuilding Federation weiders didn't even offer bodybuilders paid contracts!),these guys wouldn't even get paid to be in the magazines (what other sport does that?!?!?)
Mike took what he needed to take to be competitive and now he has health problems
workmans comp??? he should get something!...............wtf no benefits, no health plan ,and you got to take a TON of illegal drugs just to be competitive!
Mike should be taken well care of for the rest of his life IMO

WRONG!!!  You don't got to take a ton of illegal drugs...you choose to take a ton of illegal drugs. Workmans comp!!!!?? are you kidding me!! IF you don't want to take the drugs get a freaking job like the rest of us.   ::) ::) ::) ::)  He knew there was no health plan when he got into it...I have a shit ton of respect for you Mike but man you are sounding like a complete fool right now.(sorry) Yes they got rich off him but he chose that path...he could have just got a job like anyone else.Nobody has to be a bber

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:53 PM »
I talked to Mike at the height of his "fame"(he was a top bodybuilder/top guy in the sport,competing on the Olympia stage)
finacially ..................he was not doing well (the cost to compete and not place even tho a crowd favorite was killing him!)

to be a top athlete and be broke is unheard of!...........(name another sport a top athlete at the height of his fame/game is broke)

bodybuilders get azz raped because they do it primarily because they have a deep love for the sport
they are not in it for money and thus they get terribly exploited

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »
    WRONG!!!  You don't got to take a ton of illegal drugs...you choose to take a ton of illegal drugs. Workmans comp!!!!?? are you kidding me!! IF you don't want to take the drugs get a freaking job like the rest of us.   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Mike is trying to argue that Weider built his empire on the basis of men taking illegal drugs and they should therefore be taken care of when things go bad.  He's also implying that a company's obligation to compensate their employees is based on how profitable they are.

I happen to disagree with him and any good economist would also.  Politicians routinely debate matters like this which have LONG been closed by economists and other world experts.  When I see topics like this discussed on the news, I always get a little annoyed.  However, Mike is an individual stating his opinion and that is a little different than a politician who formulates policy based on not having a great understanding of a certain topic.  I'm sure Mike would think differently if he studied economics or philosophy in depth.  I can see that his intentions are in the right place.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »
I talked to Mike at the height of his "fame"(he was a top bodybuilder/top guy in the sport,competing on the Olympia stage)
finacially ..................he was not doing well (the cost to compete and not place even tho a crowd favorite was killing him!)

to be a top athlete and be broke is unheard of!...........(name another sport a top athlete at the height of his fame/game is broke)

bodybuilders get azz raped because they do it primarily because they have a deep love for the sport

I agree...I love drag racing..but guess what. I know I can't make a living doing it so I have a full time job and I drag race as a hobbie for fun. It isn't like these guys worked for weider for years with health coverage and had it taken away..they knew the score when they chose that career. If my boss came out and told me I wasn't gona have any health care , 401k or what have you...I would go elsewhere...apparantly that wasn't a priority for these guys...to me it is.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »
  I agree...I love drag racing..but guess what. I know I can't make a living doing it so I have a full time job and I drag race as a hobbie for fun. It isn't like these guys worked for weider for years with health coverage and had it taken away..they knew the score when they chose that career. If my boss came out and told me I wasn't gona have any health care , 401k or what have you...I would go elsewhere...apparantly that wasn't a priority for these guys...to me it is.

ahha!..............but Drag Racing NHRA has health insurance for it's racers!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
Mike used to eat inhuman amounts of red meat, that would have been more of a contributing factor than the drugs.

he probably overdid everything. drugs, food, training, partying..etc.

thats the bodybuilder mentality.

why do always people on bb boards get so defensive...for sure genetics plays a big part when you have heart attacks, but like e-kul says mike used to eat crazy amounts of red meat, and the steroids sure dont help.

steroids wont kill you straight away (as some media will have you believe) but at the same time there is no doubt they are harmful in the long run. how can you even dispute that?

haha epic trying to repress aas dangers just because you use steroids yourself.  ::)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »

MIKE loved bodybuilding more than anything!.................he gave his heart and soul to it

now it's time for bodybuilding (weiders/pecker) to give a lil back!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2007, 01:11:02 PM »
Mike is trying to argue that Weider built his empire on the basis of men taking illegal drugs and they should therefore be taken care of when things go bad.  He's also implying that a company's obligation to compensate their employees is based on how profitable they are.

I happen to disagree with him and any good economist would also.  Politicians routinely debate matters like this which have LONG been closed by economists and other world experts.  When I see topics like this discussed on the news, I always get a little annoyed.  However, Mike is an individual stating his opinion and that is a little different than a politician who formulates policy based on not having a great understanding of a certain topic.  I'm sure Mike would think differently if he studied economics or philosophy in depth.  I can see that his intentions are in the right place.

Oh I agree. WEIDER SHOULD be man enough to realize this and help out on his own...if he has a concience.Now if that is what you are saying Mike I apologize..I took your argument to be that they should have to pay..just as my employer would be required to pay if I lost a hand in a machine or something. I honestly feel bad for the guy..for any of em that have health issues, but I think it will get much worse the next five or six years

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
MIKE loved bodybuilding more than anything!.................he gave his heart and soul to it

now it's time for bodybuilding (weiders/pecker) to give a lil back!

mike loved it too much. guy was obsessed like so many other bodybuilders.

took it too far.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
ahha!..............but Drag Racing NHRA has health insurance for it's racers!

Yes, and those terms are understood from the beginning by the athletes.

I heard Mike's good cholesterol was 0 ever since 1997 and he was on a cholesterol lowering drug for all of that time.  Somebody speak on this.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
  Oh I agree. WEIDER SHOULD be man enough to realize this and help out on his own...if he has a concience.Now if that is what you are saying Mike I apologize..I took your argument to be that they should have to pay..just as my employer would be required to pay if I lost a hand in a machine or something.

I don't know what I'm saying honestly ...but the thought of Mike Matarazzo whithering away and dying broke makes me very sad

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »
I don't know what I'm saying honestly ...but the thought of Mike Matarazzo whithering away and dying broke makes me very sad

can't argue with that one.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »
Mike guest posing!

thunderstruck!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »

You're arguing that since bodybuilders built the Weider empire that they are entitled to compensation in times like this.  You are also saying that to some extent, Weider built his empire on exploitation of the workers.

While I understand where you're coming from, I disagree for reasons I've mentioned above.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »
Yes, and those terms are understood from the beginning by the athletes.

I heard Mike's good cholesterol was 0 ever since 1997 and he was on a cholesterol lowering drug for all of that time.  Somebody speak on this.

drag racing....athletes. LOL. Most of my friends at the track drink enough beer in a summer to float a battleship.

They are hardly athletes.  :D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
monster stone wash

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »
he probably overdid everything. drugs, food, training, partying..etc.

thats the bodybuilder mentality.

why do always people on bb boards get so defensive...for sure genetics plays a big part when you have heart attacks, but like e-kul says mike used to eat crazy amounts of red meat, and the steroids sure dont help.

steroids wont kill you straight away (as some media will have you believe) but at the same time there is no doubt they are harmful in the long run. how can you even dispute that?

haha epic trying to repress aas dangers just because you use steroids yourself.  ::)
I am not being defensive of the drugs hat bodybuilders use, they carry great risks, and personally I have never taken any serious bodybuilding drugs except a Ephedrine/caffeine/Aspirin stack which I lasted a week on as it made me quite hyper - a feeling I didn't like).  But my personal opinion is that the huge amounts of red meat Mike ate would have had more of a factor than the drugs - it probably was a combination of the two, but I know that large amount of red meat will clog the arteries - leading to all type of heart related problems.  Mike was unique in that he ate so much red meat, most pros use chicken and fish, and I think Jay eats primarily fish for his pre-contest diet.  Also being too large, even if it is muscle, puts a great strain on the heart muscle, A lot of big men have heart troubles.  Kevin Levrone has the right idea, when he stopped competing he trimmed right down.  Smart approach and one that will keep him healthier longer.
V

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
Hey, did you know you can do bodybuilding and not take drugs?
Your comment should read, some people take lots of gear and by competing, it places a "purpose" behind aimless heavy drug use.  Juicers are some of the most delusional people out there.  All Croatch imitators :D  Most can't do jack shit natural, this is the reason for ingesting them to begin with.  It is how it is.
N

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »
Hey, did you know you can do bodybuilding and not take drugs?
Your comment should read, some people take lots of gear and by competing, it places a "purpose" behind aimless heavy drug use.  Juicers are some of the most delusional people out there.  All Croatch imitators :D  Most can't do jack shit natural, this is the reason for ingesting them to begin with.  It is how it is.

I think most of the people who are into competitive bodybuilding are attention seekers.  They are the people wearing wifebeaters at nightclubs and tight shirts so people notice them. 

I agree that most people who take lots of gear are delusional.  THey suffer from Body Dysmorphia and think they are small even if they are big and ripped.  My ex was probably the most insecure man I have EVER met, and he looked incredible. 

I just don't see how it's worth it on any level.  These cats aren't getting paid Jack shit, and they aren't healthy at all. What is the point?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »
It was the red meat!

nothing to do with the 4g test/week !

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »
I weep for your loving family Mike, who again, have to provide care for you!

God bless.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »
He knew there was no health insurance when he worked for Weider.  If he didn't like it there were 10 guys waiting to take  his place. 

How does Weider owe him anything, in that case did those who used the Weider products advertised by Mike and didn't get his results, does Mike now owe them something? No.  Cause he was being paid then a finite amount for a specific task.
X

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA
$

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2007, 06:07:10 PM »
Oh cry me a river!  Sick and dying bodybuilders, they are a dime a dozen!

Yes, Mike's life is an absolute tragedy!  However, let us not ever forget the 'care givers'.  Yes, his loving family are now the ones who have to nurse him through another Mike-inflicted nightmare!

God bless.