Author Topic: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8  (Read 17021 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2007, 08:01:32 AM »
My ex-husband had a heart attack (at 32) and a stroke (at 38).  Needless to say he was not a person who was careful with his diet, smoked and never exercised.  Still doesn't.  We divorced over 18 years ago, he was wearing a size 38 pants.  Now he looks just like John Candy.    :-\

congratulations on your divorce.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
About the shittiest thing in the world you can do is shittalk someone using someone else's words. Even worse, is that you know the information is not credible. So why repeat it?

Ed,

Given the circumstances I'm kind of starting to believe it might be true...

You have to wonder exactly what it is that contributed to Mike's condition given that he had no genetic history of heart disease.  I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but we all know that bodybuilding and recreational drugs aren't always independent of one another.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »
congratulations on your divorce.
And your next breakup with Mike....time to move on huh Laura
The Number 2 in Scranton

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2007, 08:22:51 AM »
Genetics will kick your ass everytime.

This is so true.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
prey - pray
The lion eats his prey.
I pray for you at night.
That was a harsh post...haha
Matarazzo seems like a decent guy.  He know he fucked up, he didn't blame anyone but himself.  You can't really bash that.  Not a choice most would make, but a choice almost every pro bodybuilder does.  It's honestly, beyond idiotic behavior.  In my eyes, competing is usually nothing more than rationalizing irrational cycles and placing a purpose, where there really is none.

He knows he fucked up.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »
CRIS,

In life we get our market value.  No one forced Mike on stage with a cattle prod.  He was aware of the terms and agreed to them.  At this point, Weider doesn't owe Mike anything.  He received his recompense for his work already.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »
CRIS,

In life we get our market value.  No one forced Mike on stage with a cattle prod.  He was aware of the terms and agreed to them.  At this point, Weider doesn't owe Mike anything.  He received his recompense for his work already.

i disagree................ .....mIke gave his life/health to this sport he loved so much
he deserves medical coverage/insurance at the bare minimum

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »
Genetics will kick your ass everytime.

Your 100% right, 25 % of the time.

The Beef

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »

i disagree................ .....mIke gave his life/health to this sport he loved so much

Well then he should have negotiated that into his contract..I think I deserve $145 bucks per hour but that isn't what I agreed to when I was hired so how can I complain that I don't get it? Not saying they shouldn't get coverage but they KNOW they don't have it so boo fucking hoo.

P.S. Good luck getting any insurance carier to insure an IFBB PRO'S HEALTH LMFAO!!

Where I work we have had to get bloodwork and physical  done the last couple of years to even qualify for a decent rate on our insurance..of you don't score so high on a scale they have your premiums are about double..which is bullshit because they measure your  bodyfat percentage by height weight and waste circumferance..that's it. ..anybody with any amount of muscle will score poorly because they weigh more...I can just imagine a PRO BB

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2007, 09:47:53 AM »
great great profile .........(i had actually taped this off of the TV on a VHS cassette)
Shawn ray commentating..........

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »
  sickest calves ever....unbelievable.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2007, 10:00:08 AM »
Noting to do with Steroids ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »
Noting to do with Steroids ::)

parents genetics

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2007, 10:18:39 AM »
Matazazzo and anyone who takes steroids shouldnt be surprised that a Heart Attack or sudden death can strike at any time..what fools ..... Id say rest in peace but id have to give a fuck ...which i dont.

after seeing your mr getbig pics we'll say the same about you after you suffer a heart attack from your krispy kreme diet :P

E
E

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »
My ex-husband had a heart attack (at 32) and a stroke (at 38).  Needless to say he was not a person who was careful with his diet, smoked and never exercised.  Still doesn't.  We divorced over 18 years ago, he was wearing a size 38 pants.  Now he looks just like John Candy.    :-\
Good thing you left his sorry ass, Laura.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
Ingesting tons of crap for a trophy and to be a Weider boy toy=Idiocy/Lack of Options
Hope this helps.
N

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »
CRIS,

I see different, Matt. The boys from the 90s could well be aware of POSSIBLE risks, but I'm willing to bet that they could not possibly imagine, not even in their wildest nightmares, that the damage to their bodies would occur to the extent that is public known, today. They were the first 'guinea pigs', so to speak, of that new era of technological/chemical enhancement of overwhelming magnitude, compared to their predecessors. The boys from the 70s and the 80s were not suffering from possible side effects like the 90s generation are suffering today, so how could they know better?

It is my true belief that Weider should be almost entitled to come to Mike's aid in this case.....Mike has done a lot more for Weider's enterprises than the salary he received for the job, you know that, and Joe knows it , too. The price the poor guy is paying is outta proportion for the dream he pursued. I mean, what would cost to Weider helping Mike with his medical bills compared to the fortune he owns?? C'mon, people.....At least once the Weider enterprises could bee seen with good eyes by the public that follows the sport, for at least once, just for a 'change of pace', do something altruist and charity, for the life of a human being.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »

I love playing paddleball.

If I develop carpal tunnel syndrome from doing it 12 hours a day, should the paddleball companies pay for my surgery?  no.  Cause I was stupid enough to do something that hurt me, without preparing for the consequences.

Mike did drugs and ate big beef to get big muscles.  He could have chosen to negotiate a deal with health insurance, or he could have gone into personal training, modeling law school, whatever.

He chose to compete in the IFBB, which entailed massive drug and food use.  pro bodybuilders are more aware than anyone, of the dangers.

IFBB ran a business.  mike, if you ever ran a business, would you feel financially responsible for expensive operations of employees who retired 10 years ago because 'they gave it their all' when they worked for you?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
I love playing paddleball.

If I develop carpal tunnel syndrome from doing it 12 hours a day, should the paddleball companies pay for my surgery?  no.  Cause I was stupid enough to do something that hurt me, without preparing for the consequences.

Mike did drugs and ate big beef to get big muscles.  He could have chosen to negotiate a deal with health insurance, or he could have gone into personal training, modeling law school, whatever.

He chose to compete in the IFBB, which entailed massive drug and food use.  pro bodybuilders are more aware than anyone, of the dangers.

IFBB ran a business.  mike, if you ever ran a business, would you feel financially responsible for expensive operations of employees who retired 10 years ago because 'they gave it their all' when they worked for you?

My take.................Wei ders and others got rich off of bodybuilders/bodybuilding (until vince mcmahon  started his World Bodybuilding Federation weiders didn't even offer bodybuilders paid contracts!),these guys wouldn't even get paid to be in the magazines (what other sport does that?!?!?)
Mike took what he needed to take to be competitive and now he has health problems
workmans comp??? he should get something!...............wtf no benefits, no health plan ,and you got to take a TON of illegal drugs just to be competitive!
Mike should be taken well care of for the rest of his life IMO

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
Ingesting tons of crap for a trophy and to be a Weider boy toy=Idiocy/Lack of Options
Hope this helps.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that can happen to anybody. Heart attacks, cancer and other medical problems people experience is a common thing in todays world. The shit doesn't just happen to bbdr's. To say that is moronic. Thats why, live each day and make the best of it because you don't know what tomorrow holds. Illnesses can happen to anyone anytime anyplace.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
My take.................Wei ders and others got rich off of bodybuilders/bodybuilding (until vince mcmahon  started his World Bodybuilding Federation weiders didn't even offer bodybuilders paid contracts!),these guys wouldn't even get paid to be in the magazines (what other sport does that?!?!?)
Mike took what he needed to take to be competitive and now he has health problems
workmans comp??? he should get something!...............wtf no benefits, no health plan ,and you got to take a TON of illegal drugs just to be competitive!

No, Mike shouldn't get anything.

Profits aren't a bad thing.  Profits also aren't a reason to make an employer obligated to give back more to an employee.  Weider developed his empire and his fortune through undertaking great risk and the only person who is entitled to his profit is himself whether that profit is one hundred dollars or one hundred million dollars.

Mike consented to the terms of his employment and was already compensated for his work.  Why now should he be owed anything else?  He shouldn't be owed anything legally at least.  If Weider wants to, through the kindness of his own heart and nothing more, offer Mike something - good for him.  But by no means should he be forced to do it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »

Well said and to the point!

If the IFBB were a 'business', like some people here like to call it, they would be entitled to offer to their "employees" health insurance plan, retirement plan, etc, just like a real company does. This is called PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT. What's IFBB'S best investment? ATHLETES. They are their best assets. What if Mike got sick at the highest point of his carrer, around 1996/97? Sure, some smartasses here would jump in saying: "There's always a new and willing soul fresh form the bus around Venice". To that I say "my ass", because of something called PERSONAL TALENT, that unique gift only the person who owns it can display. Amongst a multitude of bodybuilders, why would the Weiders pick Mike to endorse their products? Because they found something unique in him, and not just because of his (awesome) physique, but his personality and charisma, as well.

In other words, Mike as a bodybuilders did not have any options to do his job as an athlete and minimize the risks involved, i.e., having a health insurance deal provided by his 'employers', The Weiders.

Even if you refute that, I say why would it be impossible for Joe Weider give a helping hand to Mike, in his case? His empire was built over athletes talents, health, power, strenght, sacrifice, etc....If the sport depended on Joe's physique to sell, it would be dead at its inception!!!! Not even that sculpture with Joes' head reflects his true physique (it was Robby Robinson's) so that speaks A LOT on the degree of dependence of Weiders enterprises on their athletes.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2007, 12:57:38 PM »
I. They were the first 'guinea pigs', so to speak, of that new era of technological/chemical enhancement of overwhelming magnitude, compared to their predecessors. The boys from the 70s and the 80s were not suffering from possible side effects like the 90s generation are suffering today, so how could they know better?

It's called common sense. Give me a break. Taking thousands of miligrams of synthetic hormones is not something that even remotely sounds like a healthy thing to do. I feel bad for the guy and his family but anyone that is surprised by this is a fool.

Let's take,for instance, back in 1993 Flex Wheeler was reported to have had a body fat of 0.0%!! This was the week before the Olympia and it was also the lowest reading ever recorded at Gold's Gym....No way is dieting down to 0.0% a healthy thing to do,but he did it,and now everyone tries it and this is what happens.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »
I think some of you guys need to read the philosophy of Ayn Rand.

Mike performed work for the Weider's.  He was given a set series of benefits and agreed to the terms and was well aware that should years down the road his health suffer, the Weider's would not be required to take care of him at that point.  Mike gave his adult consent every step of the way.

What part of that is so difficult to understand?  If you want to go and argue that the original terms were unfair and Mike should have demanded better terms at the time of the contract, that is a completely separate debate.
Bodybuilding Pro.com