Author Topic: Zogby: Romney Dominating Iowa Still  (Read 647 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Zogby: Romney Dominating Iowa Still
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:06:49 AM »
Good to see Huckabee rising.   

Zogby: Romney Dominating Iowa Still
Thursday, November 8, 2007 9:45 AM

By: Newsmax Staff 

Mitt Romney retains his lead over all other Republican presidential candidates in early caucus state Iowa, according to the latest poll from Zogby International.

In the poll of GOP caucus voters, to be released Thursday night, 31.3 percent of respondents said that if the Republican caucus were held today, they would vote for Romney.

Rudy Giuliani, although the front-runner in most polls nationwide, still lags in Iowa, with just 10.6 percent of the vote in the latest poll. He now trails Mike Huckabee, who got a respectable 15 percent of the vote.

Fred Thompson is also lagging — he received 9.7 percent of the vote — and John McCain got a disappointing 7.7 percent.

Ron Paul tallied 4.4 percent, and no other candidate received more than 3 percent.

Romney’s support is solid in all age groups, and is especially strong in the 18-to-29 demographic. He also maintains large leads among voters who say their ideology is “moderate” or “conservative,” and he even polls strongly among those who say they are “liberal,” running second only to McCain.

But more than half of respondents say they could change their mind about the candidates between now and the caucus in January — 43.5 percent said they are “somewhat likely” to change their mind, and 15.8 percent said they were “very likely.”

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/zogby_romney_iowa/2007/11/08/47818.html

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Zogby: Romney Dominating Iowa Still
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »
Romney leads 3 to 1 over Rudy?

Wow.  I guess Dean had a lead like that early on.

I don't know how Rudy wins anywhere else, if Mitt wins quick in Iowa and the other states' things are the next week or 2 later.  Not enough time to do anything to change things.  Mitt will be seen as the expected candidate.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion