Author Topic: Meet Sophie  (Read 1273 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Meet Sophie
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:16:25 AM »
This is sophie:

http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/2007/09/respect-your-elders-dammit.html

Sophie is a sad reflection of our society and the power of greed and abuse, but a testament to the resiliency of pit bulls and their misrepresentation in the media.  I think we're gonna try and adopt her because we feel we can give her a good home for her last couple of years.  We've already got one pit with health problems, so why not make it two?   With my woman being a vet tech, it makes for a perfect match.  Almost everyone who sees her photos and watches her videos cries, cuz it really is a sad story, so i apologize if its upsetting.  When i first saw her it just made me angry, probably angrier than i have ever been in my life, but it also offers a great opportunity to get this dog on some raw food, proper meds and tons of TLC.  I am a big believer in karma and think that this dog deserves her fair shake in life, she's earned it.    I'll keep y'all updated. 

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: Meet Sophie
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »
seems like a great dog who really deserves a good home. if you dont get her i hope someone steps up.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »
I second what jmt1 said.
Sophie seems like a great dog, and for what the dog has been through (and continues to live through each day with her feet, the missing eye...the list goes on :'()...she's an amazing dog.
I hope you do get her, and she treats you well since you're giving her a second chance!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »
The look on the dog's face in the pic where she is looking up at the guy says it all.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »
Well we went and met this little cutie last night and she is an absolute sweetheart.  She was looking TEN times better than the original pictures i saw, she's had her bad eye removed by the kind doctors at UC Davis, and her skin and coat are getting back to being how a normal, healthy pit should look.  She is a big cuddler, and was pretty content to sit in my lap and curl into me.  She was smaller than i figured, only weighing about 50 lbs.  Every time i see dogs like this i get angrier and angrier about the irresponsible owners who turn these dogs into something they were NOT bred to be.  She is 11 and judging from her mammary glands they figure that every time she was in heat she had a litter... talk about being over bred!!!  You've gotta love greedy oaklanders, some of the worst people on the planet.  Gentrification needs to start happening in a big hurry.

you can see the new, better pics of sophie with her bad eye removed:

http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/2007/10/eye-see-you.html

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
People are scumbags.

But someone will surely take that dog in and nurse her back to good health, which is what really matters.