Author Topic: Does aspirin prevent muscle growth?  (Read 4966 times)

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Re: Does aspirin prevent muscle growth?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
I can feel you on that one, your illnesses, paired with the medicines you have been taking are really putting a halt on your gains.

yeah i was up over 190 at one point.  I used ECA and got really lean, abs, etc.  Down to 170 and cut as hell.  I felt awesome.  Then I moved and sinuses went crazy.  I live in the country now.  Spent the last 2 months trying antibiotics, aspirin, ibu, sudafed, really overdoing it.  I finally discovered HOT SAUCE and they cleared up in two days haha...

now i'm getting clean off of all medicines, really seeing they were making me skinny.  Lost ten pounds and a little sharpness, but I've only been training 2 days a week to be honest
Addicted to the Steal

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »
If I have a headache I dont take any medicine for it.  I only take tylenol..advil..etc if I really need it.  Rather be putting down something else in my body then some pills I dont need.  Just wait.. it will go away.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 10:44:18 AM »
just cause i like to fk with people and raise their levels.

in this case, i'm actually being serious.  I have bad sinuses and have been battling soreness, so I've been taking OTC stuff for maybe 2 months.  I noticed i'm down a few pounds and haven't been seeing returns in the gym.  of course, diet and rest and training have all suffered thanks to sinuses :(

I am very serious about cortisol level it is OK to have a little increase during your workouts, that why caffeine 100 mg to 150 mg before training is OK caffeine increases cortisol level or any other stimulants, and I hope you know what high cortisol level cause post work outs,  faster you lower the cortisol level to normal range faster the recuperation begins.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
I am very serious about cortisol level it is OK to have a little increase during your workouts, that why caffeine 100 mg to 150 mg before training is OK caffeine increases cortisol level or any other stimulants, and I hope you know what high cortisol level cause post work outs,  faster you lower the cortisol level to normal range faster the recuperation begins.

what are ways to lower it?

get protein and simple sugars 20 min after trianing?
Addicted to the Steal

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »
Aspirin®, or acetylsalicylic acid (IPA: /əˌsɛtɨlsælɨˌsɪlɨk ˈæsɨd/), (acetosal) is a salicylate drug often used as an analgesic (to relieve minor aches and pains), antipyretic (to reduce fever), and as an anti-inflammatory. It also has an antiplatelet ("blood-thinning") effect and is used in long-term, low doses to prevent heart attacks and blood clot formation in people at high risk for developing blood clots.[1]

Aspirin was the first-discovered member of the class of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),

I was wrong about the contents, but the effects are the same. Aspirin= no muscle growth.

And it is recommended for anabolic users to take daily to lower the risk of blood cloths.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
what are ways to lower it?

get protein and simple sugars 20 min after trianing?

Yes that is a good first step than 1 hr later have a good coplex carb and real food protein meal than vait 30 min and take 45min to 1 hr sleep.

BTW this is a good subject most of the guys on this board are talking about juice drugs etc.. few pays attention to health and recovery.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »
Aspirin= no muscle growth.
Hardly. It's really unknown to what degree NSAIDs reduce muscle growth. Just because some of them stop the acute protein synthetic response doesn't mean there is NO adaptation to training while taking them. What we do know is that many athletes who practically live on NSAIDs grow just fine.

Look at Tom Prince as an example lol

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »
Yes that is a good first step than 1 hr later have a good coplex carb and real food protein meal than vait 30 min and take 45min to 1 hr sleep.

BTW this is a good subject most of the guys on this board are talking about juice drugs etc.. few pays attention to health and recovery.

cool, i appreciate the info.

Addicted to the Steal

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »

"Advil"   ::)   Oh, brother.  ::) ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
Hardly. It's really unknown to what degree NSAIDs reduce muscle growth. Just because some of them stop the acute protein synthetic response doesn't mean there is NO adaptation to training while taking them. What we do know is that many athletes who practically live on NSAIDs grow just fine.

Exactly. I don't know where this all or nothing thinking comes from. Most things in life is a matter of degrees. Second hand smoke in an out door park has no comparison if stuck in a car with a smoker. Hell, too much water is dangerous. It's all a matter of degrees. Low dose aspirin has a negligible effect on protein synthesis and should be a must on anybody indulging in anabolics.

BTW, isn't it in one of Coleman's DVD segments when he's taking all those pills and mentions that one of them is aspirin?

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »
Yeah, Coleman does mention that he takes aspirin everyday in his DVD... it was in "Unbelievable' I think. I found that odd but it makes a good point. If it is necessary for Anabolic users to take it, then it makes sense that he does.

I'm natural, and i won't take something even if it has a chance of hindering my gains.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 03:25:14 PM »
this is useful stuff!
Addicted to the Steal

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 07:29:43 PM »
I read in md that aspirin has effects which limit muscle growth.  Is this true?

Hey maybe this is why SquadFatter and Leafy Slug look the way they do.  Good find.  Hey girls look into that.