Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!  (Read 30142 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
What Im saying is, that I want to win my class, and the overall would be like winning the lortery! It aint gonna happen, never said It would. You should go back and read it sushi. I dont even say Im gonna win, I just say, I have worked hard, put a plan together etc. Seriously, if she  photo shopped my pics maybe next time she can add a few inches to my arms, shoulders etc. But Im close to 160 in the pics, thats it. 

Im just making it clear, Im a small guy here. Im not competing against the competitors that outweigh me by 20-70lbs. 

The easiest way to make the pics look harder is to use the "sharpen tool" in Adobe, as it results in a bit more "graininess," but the detail seen here in Alex couldn't be faked all the way around...the depth between lines, etc...plus if she'd photoshopped them, could she be the first person to have figured out how to make Alex look this level of freaky?  Doubtful.  We would have seen other people look this sharp before.  

I love this shot...

Alex I think it's a compliment to have Spicy Sushi call photoshop on you.  That says quite a bit.  It means he's having a hard time believing you're as ripped as the pictures show.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:38 AM »

Wrong midset Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................you worked too damm hard and sacrificed too much!!!

you don't have to say it here but say it!................IM GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!
Not just your class but the overall and Pro-Card!!! (you don't train for second place Alex!)

get your head right!!!................and DO IT!

Is that how you train, Mike, to "win it all?"   ::)  You must be real surprised every time you hear your placing then. ha ha 

;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »
look at the right forearm. :o

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2007, 07:56:54 AM »
Is that how you train, Mike, to "win it all?"   ::)  You must be real surprised every time you hear your placing then. ha ha 

;D

that's the only way to train (regardless of my placing )

you don't train for second place...............ever!
second place is the first loser

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2007, 07:58:48 AM »
What Im saying is, that I want to win my class, and the overall would be like winning the lortery! It aint gonna happen, never said It would. You should go back and read it sushi. I dont even say Im gonna win, I just say, I have worked hard, put a plan together etc. Seriously, if she  photo shopped my pics maybe next time she can add a few inches to my arms, shoulders etc. But Im close to 160 in the pics, thats it. 

Im just making it clear, Im a small guy here. Im not competing against the competitors that outweigh me by 20-70lbs. 
You should ignore stupid people like him he's just trying to get you worked up.
Be proud man you're going to kick ass at the nationals looking like that. You may not win overall but if you show up like that you'd be one of the freakiest guys ever to stand on that stage. That conditioning is second to none.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2007, 08:01:08 AM »
Hey thanks again guys. I guess it is a huge compliment. It is like being called a juicer if your natural.  But actually, i dont mean to sound cocky, please dont take this wrong but in person. I really think, Im harder, more detailed. When the light is on, my tan is on, the oil is on, It will be on!  But I have been clear here. Im a buck sixty, that is it! five foot four.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »
that's the only way to train (regardless of my placing )

you don't train for second place...............ever!
second place is the first loser

Well what's 4th place?   ;D

Dude I think you should just aim to top your previous best...it's completey out of your hands how the other guys look, or what they're gonna have on you.  You want Alex to be sitting here on this thread saying he's gonna win the overall at Nationals weighing 160?    

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »
Here's what the sharpen tool does...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »
Well what's 4th place?   ;D

Dude I think you should just aim to top your previous best...it's completey out of your hands how the other guys look, or what they're gonna have on you.  

i never placed 4th smartass (2nd and 3rd)...................you can't control what the judges think or how the other guys look true

what Alex can control is his mindset (believe me that matters!)...............he needs to believe he can win it all before he can convince the judges of that fact!!

don't mess with his head right now....................h e CAN win it all!!

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »
Kinda like those "huge nasser" photos.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2007, 08:08:18 AM »
This is what the "blur tool" does, btw.   ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2007, 08:09:19 AM »
This is what the "blur tool" does, btw.   ;D

That's what a "cell-phone camera " does BTW..................... .

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »
i never placed 4th smartass (2nd and 3rd)...................you can't control what the judges think or how the other guys look true

what Alex can control is his mindset (believe me that matters!)...............he needs to believe he can win it all before he can convince the judges of that fact!!

don't mess with his head right now....................h e CAN win it all!!

Hey bro even if Alex can win the whole damn show he'd be ILL-advised to sit here in this thread telling people he's got his fingers crossed for an overall.  I don't think his aiming strictly for a class win is off-base at all.  Usually people in winning condition have their head on pretty straight and what you're asking for him to expect out of this showing is a little delusional.  

I'm not even comfortable with everyone on here telling him he's a sure shot for his class...you never know who might show up.  For him to focus now on an overall title might be getting a little ahead of himself.  There has to be a healthy level of doubt maintained.  Being too sure of yourself can be a pitfall.  I like what GetItOnNY told him...telling him to still not let himself get too comfortable in his final week.    

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2007, 08:21:23 AM »

Hey bro even if Alex can win the whole damn show he'd be ILL-advised to sit here in this thread telling people he's got his fingers crossed for an overall.  I don't think his aiming strictly for a class win is off-base at all.  Usually people in winning condition have their head on pretty straight and what you're asking for him to expect out of this showing is a little delusional.  

I'm not even comfortable with everyone on here telling him he's a sure shot for his class...you never know who might show up.  For him to focus now on an overall title might be getting a little ahead of himself.  There has to be a healthy level of doubt maintained.  Being too sure of yourself can be a pitfall.  I like what GetItOnNY told him...telling him to still not let himself get too comfortable in his final week.    

I def hear what your saying about getting 2 confident or cocky at this point .........(relaxing thinking you got it and then to lose would be a catastrophe)

I don't think ALex should be bragging on this thread about anything (i don't even think at this point he should be posting online!)
but if he don't believe then noone is going to................(a class win is all he needs to turn pro!)
have the confidence (he looks great!)
he put his wife and daughter thru so much getting ready for this show(i say make them proud!)
have the mindset of a winner is all im preaching here(believe it and achieve it)
let doubt creep in and it shows (stage presence/posture/attitude)
he needs to be in the right head space right now (of a winner)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

I LIKE THIS THREAD,THIS BBER ,and wish him luck but he needs to relax ,stress can f-up even the greatest condition......he'll be fine he already won a major weight class.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
I LIKE THIS THREAD,THIS BBER ,and wish him luck but he needs to relax ,stress can f-up even the greatest condition......he'll be fine he already won a major weight class.

Mike seems to think that he's been in the wrong mindset all this time though.   ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2007, 11:52:52 AM »

Photoshop my ass, this dude is RIPPED

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
After using the sharpening tool it's probably more like what it looks like IRL. You never seem to be able to capture what you can see in the mirror in the gym, in pics.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »
I'm sure Alex has his shit together and won't mess up. He says he won't do anything drastic. I'd say 99% of the time some extreme depleting and loading scheme only makes you look worse.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Mike seems to think that he's been in the wrong mindset all this time though.   ;D
Mike said that?  Where exactly did he say that?
:D Weee

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
I like your highlights too, Laura.   :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
Mike said that?  Where exactly did he say that?

Jeff has been a grumpy fuck for weeks now ...................(lack of sex?)
he appears and reappears with infrequent irregularity,suffering from an acute superiority complex (i have no reason why!),he usually "talks down" to members,Jeff needs to understand this is about Alex not him (i know i know hard to believe!),he will be your best friend one minute then..............your worst enemy
i like Jeff but he has been testing my "nice guy persona" lately

peace Mr Mcfarland (life is far to short!)

Mike

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »
he appears and reappears with infrequent irregularity,suffering from an acute superiority complex (i have no reason why!),he usually "talks down" to members,Jeff needs to understand this is about Alex not him (i know i know hard to believe!),he will be your best friend one minute then..............your worst enemy

Mike

are you inferring that Jeff maay be hiiting the pipe yet again, Mike?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2007, 01:23:18 PM »
That's what a "cell-phone camera " does BTW..................... .

why not just steal another pic from promuscle then?

oh wait- you've already been banned from there for doing that.

my bad.

carry on.
b

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

Mike

Oh Mike, chill.  Now I'm being dismissive; add that to your list.