Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!  (Read 30397 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
love the highlights, they look awesome on you.
Thanks SF  :-*

and Alex.........YOU ARE GONNA KICK ASS!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D Weee

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »
you look like a muscular Karen Carpenter :-\

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
sickest tris i have ever seen condition wise.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
sickest tris i have ever seen condition wise.
you've got some damn good horseshoes yourself stud.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »
Jeff, thats cool. i thought  I would get some shit for not going much heavier than the 315. I dont like super high reps or super low. I like to change my workout constantly, somtimes hacks, somtimes front squats with smith squats, etc. Everytime I mix things up or lately every leg workout has made me very sore. i did legs friday and im pretty damn  sore. I want to practice my posing but shit my legs are asking for rest. And since i have to make weight ,no rest here.

My whole changing style has changed to a more slow controlled movement of the weight but with short rest between. I like to tax the muscle giving it little rest, you can use less weight but shorten the rest period. plus you get the heck out of the gym sooner.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »
just hypothetically bro, if  you didnt make weight for the lightweight class, IMHO you would still win the welters.........No one would have anything on you in that class either.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »
Wow. Very impressive.

Jason

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »
very impressive.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Update: 5 days out from Nationals
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »
thats just ridiculous, gaspari like conditioning bro congrats and good luck!!!
Gaspari Like, Huh! Alex makes Gaspari look like a fatboy
V

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »
I wanted to compete in this weight class because of my win at the USA. I was considering being a welter. I started my diet I weighed 163-165 right at the top of the welter class. I thought through a sixteen week prep I would drop enough to easily make weight. but I have had to restrict my food, I could have just been a welter at about 160. In my two and half week out pics I weighed 162
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
bump for the ripped shredded freak of nature Alex A.

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »
gh15, some good points. lee claims to have been natural for a year, yet his arms are still 20" and he's big as a house.

croatch, its this simple. u bodybuild naturally cause (im guessing) u love the challenge and would rather not risk the health probs. guys bb with drugs cause they too love the challenge but would rather gain faster and better results than a natural. simple as that. easy way out, sure, in some respects, but its common sense - if u want a better body in a faster time, do drugs. doesnt make them less of a person.

Actually, it does.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2007, 09:02:29 PM »
Actually, it does.

some ppl, infact most, even naturals, would much rather get their results sooner than later. do u call sprinters lesser ppl because they employ the top coaches to train them? or swimmers, because they use the top costume to take that extra .1 of a second off their time? no. same goes for bbing. in the end, its what u see before u on a stage. people like u get too caught up in the natural vs. drugs debate, and lose sight of what bbing competition is really about.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »

Epicly off topic but is that still you?? You look 28. ;D

damn..Laura...looking very hot

I might need to get a tongue ring just for you  :-*
Here comes the money shot

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »
One more bump tonight for the hottest bodybuilding thread on the internet right now!  Nearly 2500 views in under 36 hours!  It's likely the whole sport has it's eyes on this one right now... 

Hey Alex...

"We'll ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been.
Spiral out. Keep going..."

--Tool, "Lateralus"

You know what the first thing Sean Maloney (On Swole) said to me upon seeing your 2.5 week out pics? 

"Can he hold that?"  

Bro that means you're shredded.  Nearing uncharted territory, shredded.  And remember people, Alex's conditioning here is inversely proportional to his suffering.  Seeing a guy like this in real life messes with people.  It fucks with them.  And they say stupid shit because of it.  We, along with his wife and young daughter, are his only support system.  Thank you guys for being so decent, Getbig rules.         

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
the man is shredded but won't look anywhere near this grainy on stage...his wife is a photographer...ray charles could see these photos have been enhanced...  ::)
Enjoy your dish...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »
Enhanced... maybe we should change the name to Fried Sushi now.  And Nja is a pretty good photographer too.

Give the man his credit, he prepared for this contest.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »
i've been bodybuilding since the 70's and competing since the 80's. i've got over 3000 bodybuilding magazines. i don't  think i have ever seen anyone as prepared for a show as Alex.A. he will win his class, and might win the overall. ever way, he's a pro.

this is exciting. i can't wait to see the contest shots.

rik

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2007, 01:02:37 AM »
i've been bodybuilding since the 70's and competing since the 80's. i've got over 3000 bodybuilding magazines. i don't  think i have ever seen anyone as prepared for a show as Alex.A. he will win his class, and might win the overall. ever way, he's a pro.

rik

when he turns pro, he'll never get that conditioning again. not a hater, just being honest. alex has done well and is a phenomenon right now, but no one (that i remember) except dorian has been as grainy in recent years, at the size u need to be to do well in the pro shows.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2007, 04:38:13 AM »

rik
I hope he does win the overall. That would be awesome, a lightweight taking the whole thing........hell ya.
Cam ad mi

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »
Better wipe that nut up, it stains.

n' I think I know what that means, but I'm gonna give you a free pass this time, because your an angry, hateful, cynical, balding, young man...............who needs to take some steroids.
Cam ad mi

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2007, 06:00:48 AM »
Hey thanks Ron and you guys.  Check this out. I am not a big guy, so winning the overall is no way realistic for me. And standing next to some of these monsters at five four isnt going to be flattering. My conditioning has been consistent. But the most consistent thing about it is, that It keeps getting better. My skin is thinner than last year. Making me look harder. My glutes are way tighter. I dont plan on changing nothing next year. I cant play the size game.
  Its ridiculous to change up everything to try to compete with some of these huge guys. Conditioning is my strength and of course, for me to look my best the lighting and everything has to be perfect. Often stage pics wash out a guys conditioning. If the flash goes off or the lighting or angle is wrong and the guy looks smooth. Thats why its not fare to grab a shitty pic from some guy and rip him on it.  In my situation, of course im going to post the best pics of me. If you want to see if im really that grainy in person, you can see me train at Golds North Hollywood any afternoon.  Anyways, things are going good, down to the last days here and feeling strong! thanks guys for the input
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2007, 06:08:21 AM »
for me to look my best the lighting and everything has to be perfect. Often stage pics wash out a guys conditioning.  If the flash goes off or the lighting or angle is wrong and the guy looks smooth. Thats why its not fare to grab a shitty pic from some guy and rip him on it.  In my situation, of course im going to post the best pics of me.
translation... my wife as photoshopped these photos and not my fault I will look less conditioned on stage...
Enjoy your dish...

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »
What Im saying is, that I want to win my class, and the overall would be like winning the lottery! It aint gonna happen, never said It would. Not in a million years.

You should go back and read my threads sushi. I dont even say Im gonna win, I just say, I have worked hard, put a plan together etc, I dont know who is going to show up or how the judges are gonna see me. etc.

Seriously thouh, my wife has a good camera, a professional camera, and takes excellent shots. It does make a good pic.  Go to WWW.Musculardevelopment. com and see some of her pics from the shows she shoots with Bill Comstock. She knows what shes doing. But really,  if she  photo shopped my pics maybe next time she can add a few inches to my arms, shoulders etc. But Im close to 160 in the pics, thats it. 

Im just making it clear, Im a small guy here. Im not competing against the competitors that outweigh me by 20-70lbs.  Soon, this whole thing will be out  of my hands and up to the judges, hopefully as a lightweight I can be impressive. Thanks again. Alex a
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2007, 07:46:20 AM »
What Im saying is, that I want to win my class, and the overall would be like winning the lortery! It aint gonna happen, never said It would. You should go back and read it sushi. I dont even say Im gonna win, I just say, I have worked hard, put a plan together etc. Seriously, if she  photo shopped my pics maybe next time she can add a few inches to my arms, shoulders etc. But Im close to 160 in the pics, thats it. 

Im just making it clear, Im a small guy here. Im not competing against the competitors that outweigh me by 20-70lbs. 

Wrong midset Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................you worked too damm hard and sacrificed too much!!!

you don't have to say it here but say it!................IM GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!
Not just your class but the overall and Pro-Card!!! (you don't train for second place Alex!)

get your head right!!!................and DO IT!