Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!  (Read 30572 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Update: 5 days out from Nationals
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2007, 04:42:33 AM »
I gotta say........you are the most ripped, diced, conditioned, whatever you wanna call it, human being that I have ever seen. I'm 47. I've seen a lot of human beings. You look so unreal, that I can't believe that some of these puds around here haven't cried, "PHOTOSHOP", yet. You are f'n  A M A Z I N G.....
Better wipe that nut up, it stains.
N

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2007, 05:04:17 AM »
hhahahaha, figures, his fucckin' OFFSEASON condiotion is a dream for most guy in contest shape, i can't even imagine what this guys metabolism is like, must be a damn blast furnace inside that body, awesome.
*Sniff* Even when I leaned out (to see if I could do it) and walked around feeling buff/great, I wasn't anywhere near the condition of  this guy. Kind of puts into perspective the effort and dedication that guys like Alex put into their prep. Inspiring, humbling and deserving of our respect.

/and no, weisenheimers, i coudn't do it
//steak and brewskis for dinner and then the couch and game  :)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2007, 05:17:49 AM »
Alex A looks sick right there....congrats on everything...true inspiration....
The Number 2 in Scranton

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2007, 06:12:08 AM »
Thanks Wes and everyone.  Its five Am, just did my cardio and thinking about the show coming up.  There are going to be some really good bodybuilders there for sure. I have no doubt. My goal was not to post up and brag as much as to show my progress in my prep. Everyone wants to know, everyone wants to see how things are going so here I am.  Other guys, awesome guys are hiding low to make a statement at the show. Thats totally cool. I have always posted pics on my progress the last couple years, just not on this sight. And if you look back at my past shows, I have shown improvement each time around. Nothing too major in my eyes but Im making progress on improving with each show. I think thats what its all about.  I dont have trainers, consultants, or a team helping me. Its just me, my wife and my little daughter on my side.  I have always used photos to gauge my progress, to check my posing, to see if Im tightening up to see if im on time and improving. 

Im not a huge guy, at the weigh in Jeeze,  im going to be small small and should be flat  to make the weight. I have chore ahead of me to fill back out and be nice and full for the prejudging . I have done it before, this might be a little harder this time, but I know I can do it.

Im not going to be crazy full. I dont want to take chances, I just want to stick to the same foods etc.

I wont be depleting, cutting sodium, loading etc. So Im playing it safe. I might not be one hundred percent, but risking everything to be one hundred percent isnt worth it.   I rather be ninety five percent or close to my best potential.   Anyways, As far as weight goes im right around one sixty in these pics. Im not a big ass guy, never said I was, never thought I was, never will think I am.  Conditioning, that will be my strength. And everyone has strengths and weaknesses in their physiques.

I guess there is some big debate going on here about drugs etc. I will tell you that I keep a clean off season so when its 16 weeks out and I start my prep, things work. I dont do anything different than your average competitive bodybuilder but I push super hard. I take my prep seriously, very seriously from the very beggining.  I have a good diet going here. My carbs are still pretty high, a tad higher than three hundred and Im eating six meals a day. Im a bit miserable, of course at night is the worst,but my cardio is one session long and I enjoy doing it. I always have. I never slack here.   Same with my diet and style of training. There is no one thing that works here, its evrerything working together. The right combination of everything. There is no way in hell you can slack off and expect these results.  For me, i want to win, I want to win my class. I felt I have put a good plan together here, i have worked hard and long at it. Things are going to be out of my hands soon. But I will always know that I tried my hardest and got in my best shape. Im hoping to win, but like I said before, win or lose, Im back to the gym monday morning. Back to the cardio, the diet, the training etc. Just more sleep, more clean food and no more tanning. More time with my wife and kid. Im looking forward to this show and Im also looking forward to it being over too. Thanks everyone, alex a
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2007, 06:20:26 AM »
Alex;

Just keep doing what works for you, your physique will speak for itself on stage!

Have a great couple of days in your final prep and a safe flight out to TX!

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2007, 10:01:42 AM »
more pics
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2007, 10:37:27 AM »
thats just ridiculous, gaspari like conditioning bro congrats and good luck!!!

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
I'm still tripping on this one.  I'm not sure there's a word to express what degree of sliced this is. 

Alex when's the last time you squated, and what were you working with when you did?  How much weight for how many reps, etc? 

bump for the answer

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2007, 11:18:21 AM »
bump for the answer

I really do wanna know.  It's pretty much the next thing you wonder after the diet/cardio/drugs questions.  But I don't know, maybe he's squatting 315 for reps looking like that, maybe 185.  Shit, maybe 135 for burnouts...who knows.  Have no idea.  I mean the upper body stuff is pretty predictable...you know probably dumbbells between 70-110 pounds on most stuff, depending on what he feels like moving. It's just the squat numbers that can vary so much.  Where he's at weight is pretty much irrelevant but you have to wonder what he has the energy and joint support to move in a large, compound movement like that.  Alex I can understand your not wanting to say if it's anything under 405 though for fear of Squadfather fucking with you.   ;D  But just remember guys, he's weighing 160, so honestly, what would be good numbers where he's at?  Everything is so tiresome when you're that low, though...I just wanna know what he's working with here.  I'm sure we can sympathize with anything you give us. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »

Damn Alex - incredible physique.  The best I have seen you, and it is time for that coveted pro card at the NPC Nationals!  You are an inspiration to many, and some are just completed stunned at how shredded you have become. Whoa.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2007, 11:29:57 AM »
  But just remember guys, he's weighing 160, so honestly, what would be good numbers where he's at? 
I'd say 315 for a clean set of 10 would be very good at his size/weight. Depends on how one squats also, cut the squat a few inches high and you can add 100lbs.

I know 500lbs is nothing on getbig but it's pretty rare to see bodybuilders do that in clean, deep style from what I've seen.

BTW, didn't Ed Corney squat 315 in Pumping Iron? How many reps did he do? Less than most getbiggers for sure  :D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
I'd say 315 for a clean set of 10 would be very good at his size/weight. Depends on how one squats also, cut the squat a few inches high and you can add 100lbs.

I know 500lbs is nothing on getbig but it's pretty rare to see bodybuilders do that in clean, deep style from what I've seen.

BTW, didn't Ed Corney squat 315 in Pumping Iron? How many reps did he do? Less than most getbiggers for sure  :D

That's right, and how much did Ed Corney weigh?  And was he anywhere near Alex's condition?  315 for a clean set of 10 would be phenomenal weighing 160 at under 3% bodyfat...which is where Alex is right now.  I don't think he's gonna say he's doing that right now, to be honest with you.  GetItOnNY was probably right...2.25% sounds about right as far as Alex's bodyfat percentage goes.  You don't often see that...certainly not above the middleweight class.  Munzer had deeper cuts up top, but he also had more muscle.   

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »
more pics
Good God Alex!  Amazing conditioning!!!
:D Weee

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »

Epicly off topic but is that still you?? You look 28. ;D

The_Schofeild_Kid

• Getbig II
  • I'm a Damn Killer Myself!!
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2007, 11:50:29 AM »
in typical getbig fashion a guy comes on here with one-in-a-million level of conditioning and the conversation devolves into a pissing match over drugs... when we could be asking this guy about his training, his diet, his mental game.

fuck the selfish assholes on this board.

alex bro, i know you probably don't feel like it now, but you post a meal by meal breakdown of what you eat in a day. and also your workout split and general workout philosphy... (high volume, low volume, etc.)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »
in typical getbig fashion a guy comes on here with one-in-a-million level of conditioning and the conversation devolves into a pissing match over drugs... when we could be asking this guy about his training, his diet, his mental game.

alex bro, i know you probably don't feel like it now, but you post a meal by meal breakdown of what you eat in a day. and also your workout split and general workout philosphy... (high volume, low volume, etc.)

Man he probably doesn't wanna give everything up...looks like he's planning on professionally prepping other guys after this run.  I'd say he's in a good position to do it. 

www.prepbyalex.com

You know the main value in a contest prep coach is having someone that knows what you are capable of more than you; someone that won't listen to any excuses or bitching; someone that you know KNOWS better than you where you're headed, and how you'll get there.  That's a huge part of it.     

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2007, 12:02:16 PM »

Here, from his 06 prep:
Meal 1: 12 egg whites and two cups oatmeal
Meal 2: 7 oz Turkey breast and 1.5 cups white rice
meal 3: protein shake and 2 cups oatmeal
Meal 4: 7oz steak and 1.5 cups rice with broccoli
meal 5: 8oz chicken breast and 4 oz potato
meal 6: shake and small salad
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30404&page=3

Where's the Snake Oil?  :D

There's never any secret really, dude stays in good shape year round, that's probably the biggest secret responsible for his conditioning. The secret is the drive to live like this year round. Brutal tolerance of a monotonous routine.  :D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »
Here, from his 06 prep:http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30404&page=3

Where's the Snake Oil?  :D

There's never any secret really, dude stays in good shape year round, that's probably the biggest secret responsible for his conditioning. The secret is the drive to live like this year round. Brutal tolerance of a monotonous routine.  :D

Yeah, a zen-like existence.  Ever notice how calm cool and collected jrod's always been when posting on here?  It's all in finding harmony between all parts.  Anyone you've ever known achieving the best conditioning of their life didn't make much noise outside of the gym and onstage.   

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2007, 12:25:44 PM »
Epicly off topic but is that still you?? You look 28. ;D
Yes, that is me now.  I colored my hair last week.  It's no longer all blonde.  :)
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2007, 12:27:20 PM »
Damn Alex - incredible physique.  The best I have seen you, and it is time for that coveted pro card at the NPC Nationals!  You are an inspiration to many, and some are just completed stunned at how shredded you have become. Whoa.

Amen to that!!!................wish Laura and were going (we would be your loudest supporters in the audience)

good luck my friend!

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »
Ron, thanks bro!  I appreciate that and Mike, Laura you guys too, everyone, Jeff, Andre, Shofeild. Its been great hearing from you. I will answer all of your questions if you have any.  Things are going along great this monday afternoon.

Im trying to figure out the question about legs. Check this out. Friday was my last leg workout.  I felt I had to bust out a good workout here because this is it.  And I felt great. I was really surprised. I totally expected to feel weak. But I actually used the same weight that I used midway through my prep and a tad more than off season.

I started with leg extensions, then wanted to hit some squats. I have been warming up then just going to 315 ass to the ground for about 8-10reps about 5 sets about 2 minutes of rest to catch my breath. Remember im about 160lbs and pretty lean.  This workout, someone was taking their time on the squat racks so I didnt want to wait, never do, just find another exercise,  I said screw it and did hacks instead. I havent done them in a couple weeks so I did about 5 sets there with same amount of rest. Then I did some front squats on the smith with 2 plates, and leg presses. The weight felt good.

Today was one of my last workouts. I was thinking the same thing would happen, last few days I would be weak but instead i had one of the better back workouts. Rack deadlifts with 4 plates for 5 sets, pulldowns, one arm rows with 100's, nothing special, just slow with really good form. But the weird thing was, I felt strong. And my weight is really low right now, about 158lbs. I have to make weight at 154 weigh in time thursday.   

Surprisingly, im getting a second wind here and coming up with some good energy. I came home and went out with my wife and kid to spend some time together.   I have another workout tommarrow and hopefully it all goes well too. Not trying to set any records but don't want to be a woose either. 
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
Yes, that is me now.  I colored my hair last week.  It's no longer all blonde.  :)
love the highlights, they look awesome on you.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »
Ron, thanks bro!  I appreciate that and Mike, Laura you guys too, everyone, Jeff, Andre, Shofeild. Its been great hearing from you. I will answer all of your questions if you have any.  Things are going along great this monday afternoon.

Im trying to figure out the question about legs. Check this out. Friday was my last leg workout.  I felt I had to bust out a good workout here because this is it.  And I felt great. I was really surprised. I totally expected to feel weak. But I actually used the same weight that I used midway through my prep and a tad more than off season.

I started with leg extensions, then wanted to hit some squats. I have been warming up then just going to 315 ass to the ground for about 8-10reps about 5 sets about 2 minutes of rest to catch my breath. Remember im about 160lbs and pretty lean.  This workout, someone was taking their time on the squat racks so I didnt want to wait, never do, just find another exercise,  I said screw it and did hacks instead. I havent done them in a couple weeks so I did about 5 sets there with same amount of rest. Then I did some front squats on the smith with 2 plates, and leg presses. The weight felt good.

Today was one of my last workouts. I was thinking the same thing would happen, last few days I would be weak but instead i had one of the better back workouts. Rack deadlifts with 4 plates for 5 sets, pulldowns, one arm rows with 100's, nothing special, just slow with really good form. But the weird thing was, I felt strong. And my weight is really low right now, about 158lbs. I have to make weight at 154 weigh in time thursday.   

Surprisingly, im getting a second wind here and coming up with some good energy. I came home and went out with my wife and kid to spend some time together.   I have another workout tommarrow and hopefully it all goes well too. Not trying to set any records but don't want to be a woose either. 

Looks like your guess was right on, Van.  Man, I love this...good stuff Alex.  5 sets of 8-10 with 315 all the way down with 2 minutes of rest in between, weighing 160.  Awesome. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »
Looks like your guess was right on, Van.  Man, I love this...good stuff Alex.  5 sets of 8-10 with 315 all the way down with 2 minutes of rest in between, weighing 160.  Awesome. 
that is pretty incredible.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »

Surprisingly, im getting a second wind here and coming up with some good energy. I came home and went out with my wife and kid to spend some time together.   I have another workout tommarrow and hopefully it all goes well too. Not trying to set any records but don't want to be a woose either. 

You weigh in the mid 150s and looks like you weigh 200-215lbs.....impressive.    Eat a box of donuts and join the rest of us.