Author Topic: My new routine for getting big and toned!  (Read 1181 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
My new routine for getting big and toned!
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:19:26 AM »
I'm blending in some cutting edge techniques with a core ball.  These things are great!  First, I'll do the whole body at once, but incorporate the ball on every exercise.  Ex: Instead of barbell bench press, I do 15lb dumbells on the BALL...yes!  I try to keep PERFECT form on every exercise and keep STRICT breathing counts.  On the concentric phase, exhale...eccentric, inhale.  2 second count on the concentric, 4 second count on the eccentric.  Sometimes, I'll have someone hold a big timer in front of my face, just to get the count...spot on.  This is KEY!
For my diet, I have 2 whole eggs and 2 pieces of toast in the morning.  Lunch, chicken salad with light mayo.  Dinner, pork chops with jello and mashed potatoes.  Sometimes when I really want to step it up, I'll have an Apex Bar after my workout, which contains 17g protein and 7g sat fat.
I want to get to 220lbs @ 5% bf.
What do you guys think?
N

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: My new routine for getting big and toned!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:27:45 AM »
Perfect! You may want to try two Apex bars though. One before training & one after.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 03:30:45 AM »
Perfect! You may want to try two Apex bars though. One before training & one after.
No, I don't want to get too big.  Just a little bigger and toned.
N

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 03:31:18 AM »
No, I don't want to get too big.  Just a little bigger and toned.

I see....just going for the toned look. Good call.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 03:36:11 AM »
I see....just going for the toned look. Good call.
Yeah, my genetics are that explosive.  If I over do it, I could get to 280lbs and shredded.  It's really not my goal.  I just want to look like Brad Pitt.
N

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:39:51 AM »
be sure not to train your legs at all, maybe just a set or two of extensions to get some tone

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »
LOL you just described almost all the poor personal training clients I see at the gym.  Man Its hard to believe they pay some dude who looks like hes on the swim team at best to "train" them, its a huge sham.  Man none of these people progress, maybe its themselves though, after all they are the ones in that situation to begin with.

Thing is these people need to be on a conventional BB type training program, but that's too hard and might yield results so the clubs trainers stay away from that.  They would rather play around on these silly balls and do push ups in the smith machine.  If  was them I would ask "why am I using these $10 bands for my whole workout when there is a gym full of equipment, I could do that at home"

For yourself, be very careful with those supplements and never touch creatine.........that stuff is crazy, will probally give you roid rage.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:56:48 AM »
For yourself, be very careful with those supplements and never touch creatine.........that stuff is crazy, will probally give you roid rage.
Like I said, I really don't want to be more than 250lbs.  If I took creatine, I don't doubt I'd be topping out around 265lbs.  I think that guy Ronnie Coleman uses that.  I saw an ad for it in Men's Health.  Here's a shot of me employing a kind of secret technique I learned just yesterday.  It encompasses some leg work into the chest fly movement.  This way, you can hit legs and chest at the same time, a real time saver.  Oh, I'm also targeting my abs through all this.  250lbs, here I come.  Using this ball makes it almost, TOO EASY!!!
Thanks for the encouragement.  Most people on this site try to knock core balls, but I can tell you first hand, they work!
N