Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467531 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve, confronted by deepening panic in global financial markets about a possible recession in the United States, struck back on Tuesday morning with the biggest one-day reduction of interest rates on record and at least temporarily stopped a vertigo-inducing plunge in stock prices.

The Fed’s move was prompted in part by turmoil in global markets on Monday, a holiday in the United States. The Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., watching the same market turmoil, was anxious enough that he called White House Chief of Staff  Joshua B. Bolten, who ultimately put President Bush on the line.

In a statement accompanying the Fed’s decision, which was announced about an hour before the stock market opened for trading, officials hinted that they might reduce rates yet again at their scheduled meeting next Tuesday and Wednesday.

guys as i've stated before, Henry Paulson leads the PPT (plunge protection team) and HE was responsible for the emergency rate cut on Tuesday.(not the Fed chairman) keep in mind, when the Fed/PPT lowers rates to the point that fixed investments cannot keep up with inflation.........trader s often turn back to the market no matter how bad it is.

with the market on technical support and interest rates being lowered......i expect more UPSIDE to this market over the short term.

Go and watch Ron PAul ask MCCain about the PPTeam and watch McCain squirm, the man has no idea what Ron asked him and McCain is leading Ron Paul in the election. It's unbelievable how niave the people are.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »
Go and watch Ron PAul ask MCCain about the PPTeam and watch McCain squirm, the man has no idea what Ron asked him and McCain is leading Ron Paul in the election. It's unbelievable how niave the people are.

Thats because other than the FED there is no such thing as a "PPT".  ;D

Go on believing in your fantasy 9/11 theories and the like.

I agree how naive ppl like you are that want to believe complicated BS and ignore what is in front of face.
Stopping a market meltdown is in the Govts interest,
but if market  gets going down fast its got as much control as stopping a giant asteroid.

Its prolly best though for most to believe in fairy tails because they are too dumb to learn to interpert the live charts and react accordingly. Fact is most are just trapped in bad "investments" right now and will do nothing.  ;D
"It'll turn in the long run".  ::)  Well I hope it works out for them, they are a big tribe. THe fact they are such a big tribe is prolly good. Mass hysteria could cause a prob. THe Govt would intervene then.

Tradding All these overvalued stocks is like a giant High Tech/ High Stakes game of musical chairs/ Duck Duck Goose ....  You can tag along for the ride if you are nimble and take safe little pieces.

Just Waatch the heavy institutional buying on the next retest of that bottom.... Oh, you'd need to open a tradding acct 1st, you've never played live charts or watched a sell-off in realtime.......
The boys w/ fat checkbooks were paying up. But They want to see commitment.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »
Thats because other than the FED there is no such thing as a "PPT".  ;D

Go on believing in your fantasy 9/11 theories and the like.

I agree how naive ppl like you are that want to believe complicated BS and ignore what is in front of face.
Stopping a market meltdown is in the Govts interest,
but if market  gets going down fast its got as much control as stopping a giant asteroid.

Its prolly best though for most to believe in fairy tails because they are too dumb to learn to interpert the live charts and react accordingly. Fact is most are just trapped in bad "investments" right now and will do nothing.  ;D
"It'll turn in the long run".  ::)  Well I hope it works out for them, they are a big tribe. THe fact they are such a big tribe is prolly good. Mass hysteria could cause a prob. THe Govt would intervene then.

Tradding All these overvalued stocks is like a giant High Tech/ High Stakes game of musical chairs/ Duck Duck Goose ....  You can tag along for the ride if you are nimble and take safe little pieces.

Just Waatch the heavy institutional buying on the next retest of that bottom.... Oh, you'd need to open a tradding acct 1st, you've never played live charts or watched a sell-off in realtime.......
The boys w/ fat checkbooks were paying up. But They want to see commitment.

::)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
What makes you such an expert Neurotoxin ? Just another delusional Getbigger !  ::)

He's a Fraud. THis is NOTHING but a political rant.
NOt one tiny bit of credibility.

I'm not a pro, but I bet there's NOt one trader here but me.

Cage fighters, 240lbers at "8% 4 weeks out"  ::), NYSE floor Traders, Billionaires living in gated neighborhoods...
Jesus Christ what a bunch of delusional pretenders.... How needy for attn...

Prof traders cant even call a market bottom.

Want real market experience? Want to see how its done by pros?
PM me I can help you see the light., these phonies here deserve to lose and lose and lose....
Warning, its hard intense work... You'll get eaten alive if you try, but you'll see taht just by watching..

Nitwit is not going to be of any help.
Continue on their little delusional liberal rant.
It has merrit to attack Bushs actions, but money has NO Political conscience....NONE!
I can show you that fast, and free. Watch some real pros and learn in real time.
Watch them win, watch them lose.

It will change your thinking REAL FAST.
I hope his little crowd of supporters lose the bulk of every cent they have this week.
THey have good reason to be pissed, but deserve what they are getting.

'Xcuse me, I got to help revaluate sum stuff next week. We'll do it bar by bar, tick by tick.
Not with news stories or jabber from talking heads...
Or worse, sum Dumbass on the internet looking for attention.
I can back up what I say, He cant...
Learn what your money is doing while others babysit it.
See 1st hand.
PM me, invest some of your time and learn how little you know. This week could be awesome to watch.
Yrs later it'll pay off.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »
Jesus H christ  crab.   You have done NOTHING in this thread except worship yourself....Its hilarious, man.     Your the kid in the lunchroom who no one would sit with, watching and hating...but proving NOTHING.

What a fvckin airbag you are.

Why dont you copy and paste ANYTHING you have said that has come true!!!     

NT is out on a limb pushing and validating his thoughts while your in the back janitors closet fisting your boyfriends ass and screaming "What about me"!!!!

::)         :-X       

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2008, 06:29:20 PM »
Jesus H christ  crab.   You have done NOTHING in this thread except worship yourself....Its hilarious, man.     Your the kid in the lunchroom who no one would sit with, watching and hating...but proving NOTHING.

What a fvckin airbag you are.

Why dont you copy and paste ANYTHING you have said that has come true!!!     

NT is out on a limb pushing and validating his thoughts while your in the back janitors closet fisting your boyfriends ass and screaming "What about me"!!!!

::)         :-X       

How'd  your mom make out w/ her funds?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2008, 04:24:52 AM »
I'm gonna stick with the $oex, Tick and Trin myself.
NOt some phony jackass that dont comprehend WTF taht even is.

Go smoke a bowl Nemo.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2008, 05:01:55 AM »

Nitwit,,,,
How about lay some of your expertise on me about spotting a market turn by reading the
Put/Call ratios and Tick/ Trin and any other intraday indicators you use?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because you dont know WTF I'm talking about, thats why....

Change of subject now... Something we agree on,,,

Get rid of Benny Baby and replace him w/  Jesus Ferguson. How that sound ?
Hank and his Nefarious PPT can just tell Poker face what they need to convey.

A actor/ poker player is more fit for fed chairman mouthpiece job than a Ivy league economist.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »
Thats because other than the FED there is no such thing as a "PPT";D

Its prolly best though for most to believe in fairy tails because they are too dumb to learn to interpert the live charts and react accordingly.

guys this is a very important read. ron paul did a great job getting bernanke to admit to the existence of the PPT. (formally known as "the presidents working group on financial markets") anyone who says otherwise, i would totally ignore.

New York Post
Thursday, July 27, 2006

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke revealed that the secretive Plunge Protection Team meets several times a year, but he dodged a congressman's inquiries about what the group does and whether minutes are kept of those meetings.

So the Post has filed a Freedom of Information Act request for those minutes -- specifically for the meetings that likely occurred immediately after the terrorist attacks in 2001.

I wrote about the Plunge Protection Team in a series of articles earlier this month. Formally called the Working Group on Financial Markets, it was formed in 1988 by President Reagan to advise Wall Street.

Headed by the Secretary of the Treasury, it also has top regulators and the chairman of the Fed as members.
The former White House adviser George Stephanopoulos seems to have confirmed -- that the Plunge Protection team has morphed into something more active. And Wall Street firms may have been invited to join.

What's clear from answers to questions posed by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, is that new Fed chief Bernanke either doesn't know much about the role of the working group or preferred not to discuss the matter.
And, I think, it's time we found out a little more about an organization that could afford some Wall Street firms an opportunity to reap massive profits at the expense of ordinary investors.

Here's some of the exchange that occurred between Bernanke and Rep. Paul last Thursday at the House Financial Committee hearings.  * * *

Rep. Paul: Good afternoon, Chairman Bernanke. I have a question dealing with the Working Group on Financial Markets. I want to learn more about that group and exactly what authority they have and what they do.

Could you tell me, as a member of the group, how often they meet and how often they have actions? And have they done something recently? And are there reports sent out by this particular group?

Bernanke: Yes, congressman. The president's working group was convened by the president, I believe, after the 1987 stock market crash. It meets irregularly. I would guess about four or five times a year. But I'm not exactly sure. And its PRIMARY function is advisory, to prepare reports. I mentioned earlier that we've been asked to prepare a report on the terrorism risk insurance. So that's what we GENERALLY do.

Rep. Paul: In the media you'll find articles that will claim, at least, that it's a lot more than advisory. You know, if there is a stock market crash, that you literally have a lot of authority, you know, to impose restrictions. And we're talking about many trillions of dollars slushing around in all the financial markets. And this involves the Treasury and, of course, the Fed as well as the SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission) and the CFTC (Commodities Futures Trading Commission) And the reason this came to my attention was just recently there was an article that actually made a charge that out of this group came a position that interfered with the price of General Motors stock. Have you read that? Or do you know anything about that?

Bernanke: No sir. I don't.

Rep. Paul: But back to the issue of meeting. You tell me it meets irregularly. But are there minutes kept, or are there reports made on this group?

Bernanke: I believe there are records kept by the staff. There are staff, mostly from Treasury, but also from other agencies.

Rep. Paul: And they would be available to us in the committee?

Bernanke: I don't know. I'm sorry. I don't know.

Rep. Paul obviously doesn't have a reporter's knack for the follow-up question, so here's what I would have asked next.

Crudele: Well, Mr. Bernanke, how about you find out? Someone in your position should know if, as former White House adviser Stephanopoulos has claimed, the Working Group on Financial Markets -- the Plunge Protection Team -- has the authority to interfere with the free market for stocks. And we'd also like to know who makes decision for the group, politicians or guys on Wall Street. Don't misunderstand, Mr. Bernanke. I'm not saying what the group is doing is wrong. But why should firms like Goldman Sachs -- from which two of the last four Treasury secretaries have come -- be in a better position than anyone else who gambles in the stock market?

See, that's why I'll never be in Congress.

----------

John Crudele is business columnist for the New York Post.

trab

• Getbig V

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »

Nitwit,,,,
How about lay some of your expertise on me about spotting a market turn by reading the
Put/Call ratios and Tick/ Trin and any other intraday indicators you use?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because you dont know WTF I'm talking about, thats why....

Change of subject now... Something we agree on,,,

Get rid of Benny Baby and replace him w/  Jesus Ferguson. How that sound ?
Hank and his Nefarious PPT can just tell Poker face what they need to convey.

A actor/ poker player is more fit for fed chairman mouthpiece job than a Ivy league economist.
Active traders using what you just stated as an indicator for a market turnaround is as useful as picking random numbers trying to win the lottery. 
Check up literature by Dan Solin or William Bernstein for facts backing this statement.

Anyways, I thought the point of this thread is to discuss how the market is doing as a whole and discuss long-term asset allocation strategy, not checking nuts to see who's a better day trader?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
Na... This is political is all pal...

Help a brother trader out will ya?
I been scouring the platforms looking for taht PPT convergence divergence oscillator to no avail  ???

Where they put it?
Come on, help a guy get a edge....

Know waht? One of the best indicators of a turn is when the general public is screamin like a Banshee about any hot item...

PPT right here... http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5270663&guid=977860DC70CB42638AA24FCA86B2237D

Whiny Lib.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
Trab,  Any news out there to validate youre theorys??

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2008, 09:17:17 PM »
Trab, serious question...what is your point in posting in here? 

Most of us do not trade options and that seems to be all you take about.  You keep mentioning intraday indicators with calls and puts and all this complex shit, that in the end, causes more confusion than providing answers.  Are you trying to advise your everyday Joe to actively trade in a market whose conditions are crazy right now, with the Dow swinging a few hundred points each day?

There are easier ways to understand the market, and Neuro is trying to help out in this endeavor.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »
Trab,  Any news out there to validate youre theorys??

I'm not sure if I ever saw him post a theory, John Deere getting bought out by the Chinese? Logic or Lunacy? That discussion never followed, only a click on this, something is behind my posting.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2008, 04:37:33 AM »
Trab, serious question...what is your point in posting in here? 

Most of us do not trade options and that seems to be all you take about.  You keep mentioning intraday indicators with calls and puts and all this complex shit, that in the end, causes more confusion than providing answers.  Are you trying to advise your everyday Joe to actively trade in a market whose conditions are crazy right now, with the Dow swinging a few hundred points each day?

There are easier ways to understand the market, and Neuro is trying to help out in this endeavor.

I dont have time for a answer this morn,,, Im on the charts and its gona be a Gassssss.......... ;D

THis guys has given NOTHING to work with here..... anyone novice in the market can PM me, the rest can burn.
This is a Political rant w/ NOTHING to do w/ help anyone....

Lean or suffer.... Hes offering nothing here but his politics.

The John Deer is a SHIT SPREADER FYI to the other fool.
Thats all Nemo spouts shit.

Spit up some real market facts and info or STUF.
Got to go,,,,, need help rearange sum stufff.f..........

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
guys, for your reading pleasure.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. builders slashed prices by more than 10% in December in a failed bid to boost sales, which dropped about 5% to the lowest level in nearly 13 years, the Commerce Department reported Monday.
For the year, sales declined at a record 26.4% pace.
"A lousy end to a lousy year," summarized Richard Moody, chief economist for Mission Residential.
The grim figures show no relief in sight for a battered building sector and are certain to be a major item on the Federal Reserve's agenda for its two-day policy-setting meeting that begins Tuesday

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »

with the Fed expected to cut rates again next week, the financials should lead the market higher in the short term.

Dow 13,000 - 13,200 is possible with another 50bps cut, before we sell off again.

i still expect to hit 10,000 - 10,500 sometime this year.

IMO, long term investors should still avoid this market.   sucker rallies.......are for suckers.

guys, my opinion is unchanged.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »

I dont have time for a answer this morn,,, Im on the charts and its gona be a Gassssss.......... ;D

THis guys has given NOTHING to work with here..... anyone novice in the market can PM me, the rest can burn.
This is a Political rant w/ NOTHING to do w/ help anyone....

Lean or suffer.... Hes offering nothing here but his politics.

The John Deer is a SHIT SPREADER FYI to the other fool.
Thats all Nemo spouts shit.

Spit up some real market facts and info or STUF.
Got to go,,,,, need help rearange sum stufff.f..........

You are a Dumbass. 
Even People who dont usually post ,will Log-In to tell you that!!! ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »
guys, for your reading pleasure.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. builders slashed prices by more than 10% in December in a failed bid to boost sales, which dropped about 5% to the lowest level in nearly 13 years, the Commerce Department reported Monday.
For the year, sales declined at a record 26.4% pace.
"A lousy end to a lousy year," summarized Richard Moody, chief economist for Mission Residential.
The grim figures show no relief in sight for a battered building sector and are certain to be a major item on the Federal Reserve's agenda for its two-day policy-setting meeting that begins Tuesday

Yep, Same where I live.   Gonna have to drop prices a hell of a lot to get people to buy again..   And that aint politics, thats just a fact. 8)

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

You are a Dumbass. 
Even People who dont usually post ,will Log-In to tell you that!!! ;D
I seriously wonder if Trab is high when he posts in this thread, as I can't comprehend the shit he's writing and I don't thiink anyone is checking for what he's saying either.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
I seriously wonder if Trab is high when he posts in this thread, as I can't comprehend the shit he's writing and I don't thiink anyone is checking for what he's saying either.

Im pretty sure he's a gimmick account.   All he does is scream for attention, here. :-\

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

Yep, Same where I live.   Gonna have to drop prices a hell of a lot to get people to buy again..   And that aint politics, thats just a fact. 8)

the major problem that will overhang housing is lending practices. loans are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain w/o putting money down. all the "no money down" loans that sparked the housing bubble are currently non-existent and won't be seen again in our lifetime.

so, we not only need lower home prices ......we need buyers with cash to make 10-30 % down payments.

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04:51 PM »
Like War-Horse said, he has to be a gimmick account.  No one can spew this much BS and expect to be taken seriously. 

His posts reminds me of Proteinfarts, with the same sense of arrogance, and lack of grammar and sentence structure.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
guys, WTF is this douchebag trying to say ?  ???

haha lol, not sure I sent it thru googles translator and it came back gibberish.