Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467967 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2008, 09:05:23 PM »
ron paul interview from today

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #526 on: February 29, 2008, 04:51:29 AM »
guys, 12,800 has been my upside target (as many of you already know). after hitting 12,756 recently, i now expect the market to test the Jan low of 11,600.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #527 on: February 29, 2008, 05:52:05 AM »
ron paul interview from today

good video MB !

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #528 on: February 29, 2008, 07:13:54 AM »
MB, thanks for the video.

Why don't our current leaders listen more.  Stop the f-cking governement spending!  Stop borrowing from other countries.  Stop shipping jobs overseas so big corporate execs alone can make more $.  Hillary & Obama want to increase funding for just about every domestic program and McCain is going to keep spending more in Iraq longer.  Someone needs to stop this insane government spending.  I wish more people would listen to Ron Paul.  He makes a lot of sense!  No, they all just want to spend our tax dollars on programs that are inefficient and wars that we shouldn't have entered.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #529 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »
Feb. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Inflation eroded gains in U.S. consumer spending and a gauge of business sentiment fell to the lowest level in more than six years, pushing the economy toward a recession.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #530 on: February 29, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »
MB, thanks for the video.

Why don't our current leaders listen more.  Stop the f-cking governement spending!  Stop borrowing from other countries.  Stop shipping jobs overseas so big corporate execs alone can make more $.  Hillary & Obama want to increase funding for just about every domestic program and McCain is going to keep spending more in Iraq longer.  Someone needs to stop this insane government spending.  I wish more people would listen to Ron Paul.  He makes a lot of sense!  No, they all just want to spend our tax dollars on programs that are inefficient and wars that we shouldn't have entered.

Feb. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar fell to the lowest level in three years versus the yen and touched the weakest ever against the euro on signs the Federal Reserve sees a cheaper dollar as helping the U.S. economy.

guys, the fed is fvcking clueless.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #531 on: February 29, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »
There is more evidence that the U.S. economy is still struggling. Consumer spending, a primary engine for economic growth, was stagnant in January, the Commerce Department announced today. After adjusting for inflation, spending went up last month, 0.4 percent, basically flat. Excluding the disruptions from Hurricane Katrina, it's the weakest spending figure since 2001.

Spending is down, even though prices for consumer goods continue rising, forcing Americans to struggle more to make ends meet.

Most of the price increases can be traced back to the cost of oil, which triggered the recent spike in gas and food prices.

Overnight, crude oil prices briefly crossed the $103-a-barrel threshold, a new intra-day record. This week the national average price for gasoline hit $3.16 per gallon.

And the dollar continues to struggle. As markets opened today, the dollar hit record lows against the euro, Swiss franc and a basket of currencies.

A Commerce Department report released Thursday showed economic growth slowed to just six percent in the last quarter of 2007. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones fell 112 points, along with other Wall Street indices that saw losses across the board.

Together, these economic indicators demonstrate a trend that has economists worried about stagflation, or simultaneous inflation and recession, and Americans will be more worried about their bottom line.

Higher gas prices always force grocery prices higher. The rising cost of wheat, due to a global shortage, has also driven up the cost of many food products, especially bread, which is up 12 percent compared to this time last year, according to the Department of Labor Statistics.

"Consumers have really been hit from all angles right now. We've seen gas that may creep upwards of $4 a gallon come spring and in the supermarkets, staples like meat and eggs and milk, those are also creeping upwards, making consumers have to make tough decisions about spending," said "Good Morning America" contributor Wendy Bounds.

Even President Bush expressed surprise at a news conference Thursday when a reporter told him that some analysts were predicting $4-per-gallon gasoline. "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that," Bush responded. DUH!

The White House Friday clarified that statement, saying the President was expressing his view that he did not think gas prices were going to go that high.

In the last year, the price of eggs has shot up 40 percent, compared with this time last year. The price of milk rose 26 percent over the same period. Other staple items such as spaghetti are up 18 percent, and ground beef up close to 7 percent.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #532 on: February 29, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »

12,800 - 12,900 on the upside will be attempted.......and fail. we will fall back to the 11,600 area, if not lower.

NT

guys as you can see, my call on the market was 100% dead-on....again.  12,800 was my upside rally number before the next wave of selling. every "rally" you see are SUCKER RALLIES.

please DO NOT get caught in this market.

i will advise GBers when i see the market turning around. until then, STAY OUT !

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #533 on: February 29, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »
MarketWatch
Feb. 29, 2008
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks plunged on Friday, diving toward declines for both the week and the month of February after massive losses by American International Group Inc. shook Wall Street and poor results from Dell Inc. rocked the tech sector.
"We had a trainload of bad news; they couldn't keep the bad news coming fast enough, said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies & Co.
The Dow fell 315 points on Friday to 12,266.  

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »
guys.....

March 1 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell this week, capping the fourth-straight monthly decline, after analysts boosted estimates for losses at banks and speculation increased that rising unemployment and lower manufacturing are pushing the economy into recession.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »
Damn, NT.      Youre batting a 1000....... 8)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2008, 06:04:54 AM »
Damn, NT.      Youre batting a 1000....... 8)

ok guys it's back to work ! please continue to avoid putting ANY money into this market. any and all rallies will be sold off.

i'll keep you guys abreast of what's happening on the street. until then........stay in cash. 

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »
guys.......

March 3 (Bloomberg) -- Spending on U.S. building projects in January fell by the most in 14 years as the housing slump worsened and construction slowed on hotels and highways.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
my market call was long before buffett.

OMAHA, Nebraska (March 3) - Billionaire Warren Buffett  said Monday that the U.S. economy is essentially in a recession even if it hasn't met the technical definition of one yet.

NT

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »
im not reading through this whole thread but precious metals are where its at.

what is your opinion on this neurotoxin ?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #540 on: March 03, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
im not reading through this whole thread but precious metals are where its at.

what is your opinion on this neurotoxin ?

you're correct. as a hedge against inflation, precious metals are the play.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #541 on: March 04, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
guys, bernanke is wedged in a corner and is now begging banks to forgive mortgage debt. as i stated in the beginning of this thread, bush's failed policies are destroying this country and the stock market reflects that point.   

March 4 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell again, led by financial shares, after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke urged banks to write down more mortgage debt and analysts cut earnings forecasts for Citigroup Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

NT

The Coach

« Reply #542 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
Ok, so your a broker or some kind of stock guy. I don't know much about stocks exept it would scare the hell out of me if I had to depend on it. As far as I'm concerned real estate is the safest bet.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #543 on: March 04, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
gbers........i've preached since Nov. to stay out of this market. my opinion is unchanged. when the time is right, i'll advise on where to enter.... including the best sectors. i'll keep you guys informed.  ;)

March 4, 2008
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks fell for a fourth session Tuesday, with major indexes down about 1%, after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said he expects more home foreclosures and Intel Corp. reduced its outlook, both serving as reminders of a sputtering economy.

"Everybody says 'not to worry,' but the market trend is telling you, 'you should be scared to death,'" said Ken Tower, chief market strategist at Covered Bridge Tactical.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
gbers.....the perfect storm created by george w. bush is upon us.

March 4, 2008
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben S. Bernanke, urged mortgage lenders and investors on Tuesday to reduce the principal on loans for many people whose homes are no longer worth as much as the amount they still have to repay.

Relief for Homeowners Is Given to a Relative Few Noting that delinquency and foreclosure rates have soared over the last year, and that housing prices have not stopped falling, the Fed chairman warned that efforts by the government and by industry to prevent foreclosures had not gone far enough.

NT

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: March 04, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »
Joe, Big losses will take place on any real estate that has been mortgaged within the last 2 years.     Prices will keep falling and you will lose a ton of equity.....prepare for at least a 40% drop in cali before it bottoms out.

You said you have the bottom of your house leased out to make the payment, you should prepare for them to default soon as the price of fuel and goods rises.

If anyone had a home before the bubble and was smart enough to not pull false equity out then they wil be okay, most likely.

NT has been on the money each time,and has owned quite a few smartasses in this thread.

I actually dont expect the economy to recover this time, as it was intentionally dumped into the toilet for a bigger purpose of globalization.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: March 04, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
There is some crazy shit going on.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »
There is some crazy shit going on.

"I bought google for $700 last month"

just a nice quote i came across

The Coach

« Reply #548 on: March 04, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »
Joe, Big losses will take place on any real estate that has been mortgaged within the last 2 years.     Prices will keep falling and you will lose a ton of equity.....prepare for at least a 40% drop in cali before it bottoms out.

You said you have the bottom of your house leased out to make the payment, you should prepare for them to default soon as the price of fuel and goods rises.

If anyone had a home before the bubble and was smart enough to not pull false equity out then they wil be okay, most likely.

NT has been on the money each time,and has owned quite a few smartasses in this thread.

I actually dont expect the economy to recover this time, as it was intentionally dumped into the toilet for a bigger purpose of globalization.

Like I said in a previous thread, I baught my house to live in not as an investment. Now, if I baught it to flip, then I would worry. I'm kinda old school and prefer not to take risks or at least limit my risk. Besides, no way in hell property in my area would drop "40%".

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
Besides, no way in hell property in my area would drop "40%".

When you live in the ghetto, how can the value get any lower?