Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467532 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #825 on: April 17, 2008, 03:27:17 AM »
as long as our Gov. continues to borrow money from China like drunken sailors, the greenback will deflate and inflation will rise, along with food, fuel etc.

economics 101.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #826 on: April 17, 2008, 05:05:17 AM »
right now what you're seeing is analyst's have lowered companies earnings "expectations" to the point where it's easy to "beat the street by a penny". (although their profits may be down 50% from last year) this forces short position players to cover.....moving the market higher.

during earnings season, there's a lot of "game playing" that occurs to make companies profits look better. ( economic news is typically ignored) this is usually where the general public becomes euphoric again......only to face reality when earning's season ends.

be very careful..........

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #827 on: April 17, 2008, 05:12:32 AM »
April 17 (Bloomberg) -- Merrill Lynch & Co. posted its third-straight quarterly loss and will cut about 4,000 jobs after at least $6.5 billion of writedowns and a 40 percent drop in investment-banking fees.

NT

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #828 on: April 17, 2008, 06:18:10 AM »
April 17 (Bloomberg) -- Merrill Lynch & Co. posted its third-straight quarterly loss and will cut about 4,000 jobs after at least $6.5 billion of writedowns and a 40 percent drop in investment-banking fees.

NT

NT, where are you copying and pasting these quotes from?  Will you please post the link with the quotes in the future?  I'd like to email this stuff to some people I know.  Thank you!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #829 on: April 17, 2008, 07:30:42 AM »
Philadelphia Fed Index Declines More Than Forecast 

April 17 (Bloomberg) -- Manufacturing in the Philadelphia region contracted more than forecast in April, as measures of new orders and shipments reflected weakening demand. 

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's general economic index fell to minus 24.9, the lowest since 2001, from minus 17.4 in March, the bank said today. Readings less than zero signal contraction.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #830 on: April 17, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »
NT, where are you copying and pasting these quotes from?  Will you please post the link with the quotes in the future?  I'd like to email this stuff to some people I know.  Thank you!

my intention is to consolidate the news posts for gbers. thus no links. go to bloomberg.com and search for any pertinent information you'd like to send to your friends.

NT

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #831 on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »
my intention is to consolidate the news posts for gbers. thus no links. go to bloomberg.com and search for any pertinent information you'd like to send to your friends.

NT

What?  What if I want to read the whole article and not just the one quote?  How hard is it for you to copy and paste the link right after you have copied and pasted the quote while you still have the source web page open?  Anyway, thanks!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #832 on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »

NT

I like your posts but you clearly seem to have an ego problem mr wallstreet playah. Lets hope you recover when the game start

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: April 17, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »

an ego problem?  i'm talking about and posting information concerning the stock market.  ???

NT

The guy asked you for some links, maybe he dont know how to use google, whats your jewish problem? You cant share?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: April 17, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »
What?  What if I want to read the whole article and not just the one quote?  How hard is it for you to copy and paste the link right after you have copied and pasted the quote while you still have the source web page open?  Anyway, thanks!

Most of us here wouldnt be able to read full reports for time reasons.  Its always interesting to see how a days events are seen  by NT Tho.   as hes proven to read the markets pretty well.......good thread to check daily or often.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #835 on: April 17, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
He already said to check Bloomberg. There is tons of info out there, it's not that hard to find, I just like the fact that Neuro shortens the stuff and makes it faster to get to the meat of the story.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #836 on: April 17, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »
The guy asked you for some links, maybe he dont know how to use google, whats your jewish problem? You cant share?

Thanks, benz!  I can google, but I thought NT could save me the time since he is already there at the source web page and can easily just copy the link and paste here, but I guess that's too much trouble.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: April 17, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Thanks, benz!  I can google, but I thought NT could save me the time since he is already there at the source web page and can easily just copy the link and paste here, but I guess that's too much trouble.
I know what you mean, but it seems like NT is just too good for us  ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #838 on: April 17, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »
I have been in the markets for 18 years.

Just keep your nose to the grindstone and don't pay much attention.

Historically, both the stock market and real estate have given 11% returns to investors...

...to those who are patient.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #839 on: April 18, 2008, 03:00:06 AM »

Historically, both the stock market and real estate have given 11% returns to investors......to those who are patient.

moose......

since 2000 the return on your investment in the Nasdaq is: - 55 percent.

since 2000 the return on your investment in the Dow/S&P is: +2 percent.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »
April 18, 2008 

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Citigroup delivered another devastating quarterly loss Friday, this time losing more than $5 billion due to troubling results in its fixed-income business and higher consumer credit costs.

The New York-based company also recorded $12.1 billion in writedowns, nearly half of which came from subprime-related direct exposures.

Citigroup said its net loss totaled $5.1 billion, or $1.02 per share, during the first quarter, wider than analysts had anticipated. That compares with a $5.01 billion profit just a year earlier.

Last quarter, the company reported a eye-popping $9.83 billion loss - the worst quarterly loss ever recorded in the 196-year-history of the firm and its predecessors.

NT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2008, 04:47:08 AM »
CitiFukced.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2008, 06:02:11 AM »
CitiFukced.

240, right now all WS is concerned with is "analysts expections". although Citi lost billions, if it's less than analysts expected......we will go higher.

remember, during earnings season the market is always skewed to the upside.

NT

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #843 on: April 18, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »
I have been in the markets for 18 years.

Historically, both the stock market and real estate have given 11% returns to investors...

...to those who are patient.

This is some of the dumbest advice being thrown out there.  Your "average" return has no relevance whatsoever to the typical stock investor... NONE

If you bought the Dow Jones in 1966, you would have to wait nearly 30 years just to get your money back.

What NT is trying to do is help the "suckers" that buy into the garbage handed down from wall street advising the little guy to stay in the market, and buy more when it is down.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »
This is some of the dumbest advice being thrown out there.  Your "average" return has no relevance whatsoever to the typical stock investor... NONE

If you bought the Dow Jones in 1966, you would have to wait nearly 30 years just to get your money back.

What NT is trying to do is help the "suckers" that buy into the garbage handed down from wall street advising the little guy to stay in the market, and buy more when it is down.

Exactly.  As the commercial goes.  "This ain't your fathers Buick, anymore"   Yesterday has nothing to do with today.  We used to have safety nets....now all we have is the PPT to run false numbers till bush gets out.

Citi bails out and the DOW hits 12,900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!              WTH.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #845 on: April 18, 2008, 10:00:44 PM »
This is from Warren Buffett's 2007 Investor Update

During the 20th Century, the Dow advanced from 66 to 11,497. This gain, though it appears huge, shrinks to 5.3% when compounded annually. An investor who owned the Dow throughout the century would also have received generous dividends for much of the period, but only about 2% or so in the final years. It was a wonderful century.

Think now about this century. For investors to merely match that 5.3% market-value gain, the Dow – recently below 13,000 – would need to close at about 2,000,000 on December 31, 2099.

We are now eight years into this century, and we have racked up less than 2,000 of the 1,988,000 Dow points the market needed to travel in this hundred years to equal the 5.3% of the last. It’s amusing that commentators regularly hyperventilate at the prospect of the Dow crossing an even number of thousands, such as 14,000 or 15,000. If they keep reacting that way, a 5.3% annual gain for the century will mean they experience at least 1,986 seizures during the next 92 years. While anything is possible, does anyone really believe this is the most likely outcome?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #846 on: April 21, 2008, 06:02:41 AM »
Got a little trade "lucky" last week for a change... can't allways be wrong I guess. The important part is acting on it.

So it's been what, several months where you've been trying to make a profit so you could come back here to gloat about it?  Glad it finally happened...

Even a busted Clock is right twice a day - congratulations!

Go back to G&O, your level of stupidity is not tolerated here

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #847 on: April 22, 2008, 03:15:21 PM »
Crude Oil Rises to All-Time High Above $119 on Record Euro

April 22 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil rose to a record $119.90 a barrel in New York as the dollar dropped to an all-time low against the euro, prompting investors to purchase commodities as an inflation hedge.

Oil gained as the dollar touched $1.60 per euro for the first time after European Central Bank policy makers signaled they may raise interest rates because of inflation. Crude's 24 percent surge this year pulled gasoline and diesel to records, weighing on an economy already reeling from a credit crisis.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #848 on: April 22, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »
Home sales dip in March
Realtors' group says sales by homeowners declined 2%, while home prices tumbled another 7.7%.

4/22/08
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Sales of existing homes fell in March, after registering a modest increase the month before, according to a report by an industry group released Tuesday.

The National Association of Realtors (NAR) reported that sales by homeowners fell 2% in March to an annual pace of 4.93 million, down from the February reading of 5.03 million. The number was down 19.3% from 6.11 million a year earlier.

"Though mortgage rates are at historically low levels, some borrowers are facing restrictive lending practices in declining markets,"  said Lawrence Yun, NAR chief economist.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:21 AM »
guys....pay no attention to the market during earnings season in a Bear Market. too much game playing goes on to suck the general public back in. most economic news is horrible on a daily basis and the market still heads higher....now's the time to be very careful. these rallies are referred to as Bear Market rallies from shorts covering their positions.

i expect the market to fail @ the Dow 13,000 area.

NT