Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 468088 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1150 on: June 30, 2008, 05:41:58 AM »
Stock, Bond Slumps Signal Worse Than '94 on Inflation

June 30 (Bloomberg) -- It's been 14 years since investors suffered as big a retreat in stocks and bonds and some of the largest money managers say the losses may have more in common with the 1974 bear market before the worst is over.

``Between inflation and the liquidity crisis, this is one of the toughest markets I've seen,'' said Dreman, who oversees about $15 billion.

anyone who's followed this thread since Nov. shouldn't be surprised. the economic numbers that have crossed my desk over the months have indicated exactly where we're headed.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1151 on: June 30, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »

June 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks struggled Monday at the end of worst June for the S&P 500 and the Dow industrials since the Great Depression, amid rocketing oil prices and ongoing financial market woes.

NT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1152 on: July 01, 2008, 03:59:59 AM »
They said the other day on the news, reported as news, not opinion that the market has lost 9.4% of it's value.  The worst June since the great depression.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1153 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
total crickets from righties.  I had really hoped some would come in and address this month's finacial news.  :-\ figures.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1154 on: July 01, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
Of all the chickshit crap... Not one comment from the rightwingers and neocons.  I guess we're just to far along to blame Clinton and they're clueless without their "Clinton did it" to toss.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1155 on: July 02, 2008, 12:18:51 AM »
Check this video out at around 2:26. Any opinions?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1156 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:34 AM »

1,260 is major support in the S+P, expect a short cover rally soon

before a holiday, traders like to square their positions and take profits.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1157 on: July 02, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
paulson knew our economy was in trouble many months ago. this douche has lied to the public repeatedly. (all to help WS) it's about time he's had to admit the now obvious. the US economy is in deep shit.

Paulson says US economy enduring 'rough period'

July 2, 2008
US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday that the US economy was enduring "a rough period" and warned that home foreclosures would likely remain high in the near future.

The US Treasury chief said soaring crude oil prices, a widespread credit crunch and a two-year long housing market slump had taken some of the wind out of the sails of the US economy.

"The US economy is going through a rough period. US foreclosures will remain elevated and we should not be surprised at continued reports of falling home prices," Paulson warned during a speech in London.

Foreclosures have soared in recent months as home sales and property prices have continued to tumble across many parts of the United States.

The world's biggest economy posted subpar growth of 1.0 percent during the first quarter of the year, and some analysts believe the economy is on the brink of a recession.

"High oil prices will in all likelihood prolong our economic slowdown," he said, as oil prices continued to roil near record highs at 141 dollars a barrel.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1158 on: July 02, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »
They said things were fine and dandy a few months ago.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1159 on: July 02, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »
what a piece of shit that investopedia is... >:(  I'm trying to learn this stuff and I am going off of the book I read which recomends against diversifying and instead picking one good stock.  Well I've been going along real great so far and I do what I've learned and Investopeida tell me I can't, I'm full of shit and nobody would do that so it breaks their rules.  They won't let me play my Fake 100,000... assholes... How the hell are you supposed to use it as a learning tool when they won't let you experiment freely for yourself.  What bullshit, not recommended.  I just wasted 7 months >:(  cocksuckers.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1160 on: July 02, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »
Henry Paulson is a new world order/Bilderberger NEOCON Jewish Lobby stooge.  The U.S. along with most of the industrialized west is already in a recession.  My god.  I'm so sick of our paternalistic government propaganda.  Just wait till tomorrow whent he jobs reports come out.  There are several more million people who will be declaring foreclosure in the next year.  Things are going to get a lot worse before they get any better. 

Just like the stupid media on Iran.  Fox News comes out with an article hyping up the fact that the U.S. Navy made some comment about never letting Iran close the strait of Hormuz.  The same day (yesterday) another CNN or other major media outlet posted an article saying how the talks are working and the nuclear manager of Iran's energy department or whatever is willing to talk with the 6 countries now.  It's all bullshit. 

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1161 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:33 AM »
I find that mostly the uneducated can't make money in today's market.  The others don't have a qualified formula to calculate risk or the guts to take a chance.

"Pity me, George Bush got me fired/laid off"

"Pity me, I need to blame others for my misfortune"

"Pity me, I am too good to work at McDonald's"

"Pity me, I can't take responsibility for the predicament I am in"

Shut up and quit making excuses!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1162 on: July 03, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »
I find that mostly the uneducated can't make money in today's market.  The others don't have a qualified formula to calculate risk or the guts to take a chance.

"Pity me, George Bush got me fired/laid off"

"Pity me, I need to blame others for my misfortune"

"Pity me, I am too good to work at McDonald's"

"Pity me, I can't take responsibility for the predicament I am in"

Shut up and quit making excuses!

What are your suggestions  to making money in todays market?

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1163 on: July 03, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »
Pay me.  I am a capitalist!

Put your 401K in some secure bonds if you have no risk tolerance or close to retirement.  Invest in foreign stocks that are proven.  You get the appreciation value along with the currency risk (favor the Euro). 

Many many opportunities in real estate for the investor (not the gambler).  Now (and in a few months) is the time to buy, not when real estate is booming and properties are skyrocketing. 

Same thing with US Stocks...buy (quality) low....sell High.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1164 on: July 03, 2008, 04:20:29 AM »
What are your suggestions  to making money in todays market?

BD, in the coming months, a fortune will be made buying financials/banks.

for anyone (except alex23) interested in entering that sector long, PM me and i'll try to provide you an early "heads up" as to when the big firms begin to buy. (IMO)

a once in a lifetime opportunity awaits.  8)

NT   

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #1165 on: July 03, 2008, 04:26:23 AM »

BD, in the coming months, a fortune will be made buying financials/banks.

for anyone (except alex23) interested in entering that sector long, PM me and i'll try to provide you an early "heads up" as to when the big firms begin to buy. (IMO)

a once in a lifetime opportunity awaits.  8)

NT   

I am sorry, that little insert amused me NT ;D

Btw, I appreciate the time you put into this thread. Don't post much in it, but have read it all so just wanted to say thanks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1166 on: July 03, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
Pay me.  I am a capitalist!

Thats the same thing I tell the people who want me to do my taxes! haha

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1167 on: July 03, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »

Btw, I appreciate the time you put into this thread. Don't post much in it, but have read it all so just wanted to say thanks.

you're very welcome CQ.  :D

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1168 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »

with 1,260 as major support in the S+P, expect a short cover rally soon

before a holiday, traders like to square their positions and take profits.

July 3, 2008NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks on Thursday ended mostly higher in offering a benign reaction to the government's report on employment, which declined only a bit more than expected in June, offsetting worries that the ailing economy is getting worse.

no surprise today. a low volume day with some short covering before the 3 day holiday. next week will determine if we break 1,260 (S&P) to the downside, or a short cover rally with some help from the PPT.

right now the market is temporarily oversold, so generating market upside is much
easier for the Plunger Team.

also, earnings season begins next week, so the "beat the street by a penny" line should be out in full force.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1169 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »
market news...

U.S. economy lost 62,000 jobs in June
Sixth straight month of losses; jobless rate still 5.5 percent

July. 3, 2008
WASHINGTON - Employers cut payrolls by 62,000 in June, the sixth straight month of nationwide job losses, underscoring the economy’s fragile state. The unemployment rate held steady at 5.5 percent.

The latest snapshot of business conditions, released by the Labor Department on Thursday, showed continued caution on the part of employers who are chafing under high energy prices and are uncertain about how long the economy will be stuck in a sluggish mode, reflecting fallout from housing, credit and financial troubles.

Heavy job losses in construction, manufacturing and financial services, along with cutbacks in retailing, eclipsed job gains in education and health services, leisure and hospitality, and government.

not a healthy scenario in the jobs market.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1170 on: July 03, 2008, 02:25:22 PM »
market news.....

Gas hits fresh record ahead of July 4
National average gas price climbs to $4.098 a gallon.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Retail gas prices rose overnight to a record high for the fourth day in a row, ahead of the July 4 holiday weekend - one of the nation's busiest weekends for travel.

The national average price for a gallon of regular gas rose to an all-time high of $4.098 from $4.092 the day before, a daily survey by motorist group AAA showed Thursday.

Alaska has the highest gas prices in the nation. Drivers in the state pay an average of $4.689 a gallon for regular gas. California and Hawaii have the second and third-highest average gas prices, at $4.574 and $4.441, respectively.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1171 on: July 03, 2008, 04:09:14 PM »
Barak will make it all better, just ask a Democrat.

401k's will skyrocket and the dollar will be worth 2 Euro's. 

Monkey's abound complaining and crying hoping doomsday is near.  Liberals need to smile more and move to Europe to see how much better it is there, even Canada. 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1172 on: July 04, 2008, 02:59:09 AM »
market news.....

G-8 leaders face ominous economic woes this year

July 4, 2008 AP
SAPPORO, Japan — Between surging oil prices, food inflation and a credit crunch that's depressed global growth, leaders from the Group of Eight economic powers face the gravest combination of economic woes in at least a decade when they gather next week.

The outlook has darkened dramatically since last year's summit in Germany, when the leaders declared the global economy was in "good condition" and oil cost $70 a barrel -- which seemed high at the time.

Since then, the U.S. subprime mortgage crisis has erupted, roiling markets and battering financial firms. Oil has doubled to above $140 and food prices have jumped, hurting the poor in particular and raising the threat of political instability.

"Things have changed for the worse across the board," said Robert Hormats, vice chairman at Goldman Sachs (International) Corp. in New York.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1173 on: July 04, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »
market news....

World Bank chief urges G8 to act now as "world entering danger zone" 

WASHINGTON, July 3  -- World Bank President Robert B. Zoellick has called on leaders of the G8 as well as the major oil producers to act now to deal with surging food and energy prices, warning that the world is now "entering a danger zone."

"What we are witnessing is not a natural disaster -- a silent tsunami or a perfect storm: It is a man-made catastrophe, and as such must be fixed by people," Zoellick said.

"I urge the Group of Eight countries, in concert with major oil producers, to act now to address this crisis. This is a test of the global system to help the most vulnerable, and it cannot afford to fail," said the World Bank chief.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1174 on: July 04, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
market news....

World Bank chief urges G8 to act now as "world entering danger zone" 

WASHINGTON, July 3  -- World Bank President Robert B. Zoellick has called on leaders of the G8 as well as the major oil producers to act now to deal with surging food and energy prices, warning that the world is now "entering a danger zone."

"What we are witnessing is not a natural disaster -- a silent tsunami or a perfect storm: It is a man-made catastrophe, and as such must be fixed by people," Zoellick said.

"I urge the Group of Eight countries, in concert with major oil producers, to act now to address this crisis. This is a test of the global system to help the most vulnerable, and it cannot afford to fail," said the World Bank chief.

JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

The world will recover and be just fine.  More experienced and knowledgeable economists amongst us know the free market is cyclical.

Now is a better time for buying quality stocks!  Not when it's up 300% over the last 24 months. 

Please do yourself a favor and try reading a little bit more about how economies work.