Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467999 times)

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated**)
« Reply #1700 on: October 24, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »

in all probability a potential bottom should be struck within the next 6 months. market action always dictates entry point.

as you know, holding Dow 7,850 is paramount.

i'll continue to post on GB right thru the turnaround. hopefully this will make it easier for those who trust my opinion to enter safely.

NT

will you let us know where to invest and which companies when the time is right?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1701 on: October 24, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »

oh brother, another naysayer.  ::)

don't waste my time.

NT

hey, "moronic naysayer" was better.  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1702 on: October 24, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
NT, actually Benny has a point.  You probably should know how to evaluate and understand some fundamentals on your own.  To say, don't depend on neuro or anyone for that matter is probably a good notion imo.  I'm not sure what he said is a hit on your character or maybe it is, benny can say.  I guess the key word "depend" is what I agree with.  I value your opinion quite a bit, but I would be a fool to depend on any one person on anything really.  It's probably good advice to work toward understanding how to evaluate for yourself which is what I'm in the process of doing and one day hopefully I'll be good at it because of people like you and others and my own doing.  You have my respect, but I doubt you want me to depend on you.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1703 on: October 24, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
NT, actually Benny has a point.  You probably should know how to evaluate and understand some fundamentals on your own.  To say, don't depend on neuro or anyone for that matter is probably a good notion imo.  I'm not sure what he said is a hit on your character or maybe it is, benny can say.  I guess the key word "depend" is what I agree with.  I value your opinion quite a bit, but I would be a fool to depend on any one person on anything really.  It's probably good advice to work toward understanding how to evaluate for yourself which is what I'm in the process of doing and one day hopefully I'll be good at it because of people like you and others and my own doing.  You have my respect, but I doubt you want me to depend on you.

your point is well taken and i couldn't agree more. maybe i took his comment out of context. if so, i apologise to Benny.

i certainly do not want GBers to take my word as the Gospel. in fact, i recommend people learn and understand the Market. most GBers who PM me with questions are usually directed to various reading sources.

learning is the key.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1704 on: October 24, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
GBers......despite the Dow dropping 312.00 points today, we continue to hold the Oct 10th low of 7,850. (the silver lining...for now)

with pivotal economic data due for release next week, volatility should remain high.

NT

Oct. 24  U.S. stocks dropped and the benchmark index for global equities slid to a five-year low as concern grew that the credit crisis has infected the broader economy.

Losses were worse in overseas markets as South Korean shares tumbled 11 percent, while Russia's market plunged 14 percent before trading was halted.

``It's a bear market on steroids,'' David King, a money manager at Putnam Investments, who helps oversee about $137 billion, told Bloomberg Television. ``It's very accelerated by the pace of financial markets today.''

The S&P 500 retreated 31.35 points, or 3.5 percent, to 876.76 after losing as much as 6 percent during the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average slid 312.3 points, or 3.6 percent, to 8,378.95. The Nasdaq Composite Index declined 51.88, or 3.2 percent, to 1,552.03. Almost eight stocks fell for each that rose on the New York Stock Exchange.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1705 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
Didn't the Dow drop another 200 points from 4 to 4:15 lock up? So instead of down 313 it ended up Dow down 513.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1706 on: October 26, 2008, 03:20:12 PM »
GBers......despite the Dow dropping 312.00 points today, we continue to hold the Oct 10th low of 7,850. (the silver lining...for now)

with pivotal economic data due for release next week, volatility should remain high.

NT

additionally, the FOMC announcement on interest rates (Weds.) should add to the volatility.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1707 on: October 26, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
Dow futures down right now. Tomarrow should be an interesting day.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1708 on: October 27, 2008, 05:18:30 AM »

7,800 is key support. if beached to the downside, we'll likely see Dow 7,000, if not lower.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1709 on: October 27, 2008, 07:26:14 AM »

additionally, the FOMC announcement on interest rates (Weds.) should add to the volatility.

NT

BTW, i'd expect another interest rate cut on Wed.

every trick in the book will be utilized to turn the Market.

NT

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #1710 on: October 27, 2008, 07:26:48 AM »

your point is well taken and i couldn't agree more. maybe i took his comment out of context. if so, i apologise to Benny.

i certainly do not want GBers to take my word as the Gospel. in fact, i recommend people learn and understand the Market. most GBers who PM me with questions are usually directed to various reading sources.

learning is the key.

NT

dude, and what exactly is "your word"? You are just stating the facts, which are public info.
I asked you a question about fundamentals earlier and you simply ignored it

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1711 on: October 27, 2008, 07:36:11 AM »

Dbol, sorry you missed my response.

current economic fundamentals are atrocious.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1712 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »

Dbol, if you look back on the thread you'll notice i cover economic fundamentals. (very early in this crisis)

NT

the main message to fellow getbiggers is: when you combine a record weak dollar/greenback, the worst housing and credit bust since 1929 with hyperinflation, record gas and oil prices, a tapped out/in debt consumer who today accounts for 70% of our economy, it's bad. this ultimately will result in a DEEP RECESSION and STAGFLATION. (non-growing economy with high inflation) considered by top economists as the WORST of all possible scenarios.

imo, the above mentioned will hit the stock market HARD in the coming months and the little guy stuck in a 401k will get slaughtered on the way down.(as usual)  conversely, professionals on wall street make money if markets go up.......or down.

i've been in this industry for many years and have NEVER seen a situation quite like the one developing.............i just hope people listen.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1713 on: October 27, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »
GBers.....continue to focus on Dow 7,800 as major support. Dow Industrials was down 203.00 points today, closing @ 8,175 

IMO if we break 7,800........Dow 7,000 is very possible.

keep in mind, locating a Market bottom is a process, not an event. until then, my long term strategy remains unchanged.

NT

Oct 27 Nine major US banks will receive 125 billion dollars in capital injections this week from the US government, a Treasury official said Monday.

Assistant Treasury Secretary David Nason told CNBC television that "We executed the agreements for the nine institutions late last night so the money will go out the door for these institutions early this week."

The nine will get half of the 250 billion dollars to be invested by the government in the banks as part of a massive rescue of the financial system.

The nine banks are Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, Bank of New York Mellon, State Street and Merrill Lynch, soon to be taken over by Bank of America.

Alex23

« Reply #1714 on: October 27, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »
Because you don't add value.  Just another attention whore shouting ME ME ME anytime people's attention is focused elsewhere.

hahaha why don't you post from your main account bitch?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1715 on: October 27, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
hahaha why don't you post from your main account bitch?

Dante knows who I am, not a gimmick, nor have I ever posted under one.  You are the one that takes this shit too seriously, creating fake accounts and accusing others of the same.

Dumbass...

Alex23

« Reply #1716 on: October 28, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »
Dante knows who I am, not a gimmick, nor have I ever posted under one.  You are the one that takes this shit too seriously, creating fake accounts and accusing others of the same.

Dumbass...

Hahaha listen to her "debate"...

I see Dante on a weekly basis; his wife does my hair and his proteins flow through my body 24hr a day. We live 15 mins from each other...

Only a deep tool would try to use reconaissance as an internet argument.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1717 on: October 28, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »

I see Dante on a weekly basis; his wife does my hair and his proteins flow through my body 24hr a day. We live 15 mins from each other...

:-X

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1718 on: October 28, 2008, 06:15:04 AM »

You are not only an egomaniac, but in this case also a complete Fool

I am not a gimmick, and you can verify that with one email.

However, you won't because you have run your mouth too much.

You mean reconNaissance...  this coming from an individual with nothing better to do then track down Squadfather and expose him.  Yet, you are going to make an incorrect claim against me and refuse to utilize the reputable source of verification that I've mentioned earlier.

Epic delay of an inevitable Self Owning...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1719 on: October 28, 2008, 11:09:13 AM »
his proteins flow through my body 24hr a day. 

Right from his man tap I bet.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1720 on: October 28, 2008, 07:12:19 PM »
Right from his man tap I bet.

Are you implying that Alex23 prefers to ingest his protein via a hot beef injection?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1721 on: October 30, 2008, 12:36:09 PM »
Gross domestic product contracted at a 0.3 percent annual pace, less than forecast, a Commerce Department report showed today in Washington.

Anyone believe it was only .3%?

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1722 on: October 30, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
where's neurotoxin?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1723 on: November 05, 2008, 12:56:28 PM »
Stocks fall as investors ponder Obama presidency

Nov. 5, 2008

A case of post-election nerves sent stocks plunging Wednesday as investors, again anxious about a recession, began questioning what impact a Barack Obama presidency will have on business and the overall economy. The Dow Jones industrials dropped more than 400 points and the major indexes all fell more than 4 percent.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1724 on: November 06, 2008, 07:11:47 AM »
I'm disappointed.  I thought the news of Obama's presidency would send stocks soaring.    :(

Stocks open lower as economic woes mount

Nov. 6, 2008

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081106/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street