Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467535 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated--SEE FIRST POST**)
« Reply #1900 on: February 20, 2009, 02:28:15 AM »
Goldman partners borrowing "tens of millions" cover Margin Calls

when GS executives have margin calls, watch out! :o

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1901 on: February 20, 2009, 03:50:18 AM »
Bank of America's CEO is subpoenaed.

Bank of America CEO and Chairman Kenneth Lewis has been issued a subpoena by the New York State Attorney General's Office, which is investigating whether the bank violated state law by withholding information from investors, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

UBS accused of fraud

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. government Thursday sued UBS, Switzerland's largest bank, to force the firm to give the Internal Revenue Service secret account information on thousands of accounts believed to be worth nearly $15 billion.

The Justice Department announced Wednesday that UBS had agreed to pay $780 million in fines and restitution, and to turn over the account information. The agreement was approved by a federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What do you think about the Citi or BofA or UBS? Dirt cheap if you're looking at 25+ years of buyin'-n-holdin'.

for now, stay away IMO. more domino's could fall.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1902 on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
Look at gold.  :o Schiff is probably blowing his load right now.

Alex23

« Reply #1903 on: February 20, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
Honestly, this is gloomy but the feeling of a consenus 'bottom' is very near; many companies have switched from a panic cost cutting mode to a bargain hunting mode... not all industries but in mine it's the pretty obvious; remember, they know before you do...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1904 on: February 20, 2009, 06:59:54 PM »
Honestly, this is gloomy but the smell of a consenus 'bottom' is very near; ...

We've been hearing this every couple of weeks for how long now?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1905 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
For the S&P 500 companies as a whole, the 400 that have released fourth-quarter results lost a combined $75.5 billion, according to Bloomberg data. Standard & Poor’s projects a per- share loss of $11.97, the first deficit in quarterly data going back to 1936. 

Alex23

« Reply #1906 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »
We've been hearing this every couple of weeks for how long now?

we're looking at a 16-18months+ recession; 5 quarters; it'll take at least Q1- mid Q2 to bottom out; that's just my guest but based on what I see in the way corporate America are re-structuring themselves and investing "significantly" in their IT infrastructure and positioning themselves, it looks like they see the same thing.

I'll take a bet with you shmoes, If by june-july the GDP is still shrinking and corporate results are still declining, I'll go on a diet until my gay abs show up...

Alex23

« Reply #1907 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
For the S&P 500 companies as a whole, the 400 that have released fourth-quarter results lost a combined $75.5 billion, according to Bloomberg data. Standard & Poor’s projects a per- share loss of $11.97, the first deficit in quarterly data going back to 1936. 

That's a pretty solid observation bangedhim-dunher... however, what sector dominates the S&P?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1908 on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Renowned investor George Soros said on Friday the world financial system has effectively disintegrated, adding that there is yet no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis.

Soros said the turbulence is actually more severe than during the Great Depression, comparing the current situation to the demise of the Soviet Union.

He said the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in September marked a turning point in the functioning of the market system.

"We witnessed the collapse of the financial system," Soros said at a Columbia University dinner. "It was placed on life support, and it's still on life support. There's no sign that we are anywhere near a bottom."

His comments echoed those made earlier at the same conference by Paul Volcker, a former Federal Reserve chairman who is now a top adviser to President Barack Obama.

Volcker said industrial production around the world was declining even more rapidly than in the United States, which is itself under severe strain.

"I don't remember any time, maybe even in the Great Depression, when things went down quite so fast, quite so uniformly around the world," Volcker said.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1909 on: February 21, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »
anticipating a short cover/bear market rally for next week would be prudent imo.

longterm outlook remains unchanged.

NT

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1910 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:02 AM »
anticipating a short cover/bear market rally for next week would be prudent imo.

longterm outlook remains unchanged.

NT

No way.  We will see <7000 by the end of next Friday easily!!!!!!!!!  but I could be wrong! 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #1911 on: February 21, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
I've been watching his videos daily. He's has good POV. Here is the latest.

Don't Panic! Copper stockpiles are growing

if you click the embedded video you can see the links he is talking about.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #1912 on: February 21, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
Don't Panic! Become as smart as your Federal Government

Change you can download: a billion in secret Congressional reports:
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Change_you_can_download:_a_billion_in_secret_Con gressional_reports

I especially liked this one too-

CRS: China and the Global Financial Crisis: Implications for the United States, November 24, 2008:

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/CRS:_China_and_the_Global_Fi nancial_Crisis:_Implications_for_the_Un ited_States%2C_November_24%2C_2008

video he did earlier

Don't Panic! Taxes are due April 15 in the USA...

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1913 on: February 21, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »

we're looking at a 16-18months+ recession; 5 quarters; it'll take at least Q1- mid Q2 to bottom out; that's just my guest but based on what I see in the way corporate America are re-structuring themselves and investing "significantly" in their IT infrastructure and positioning themselves, it looks like they see the same thing.

I'll take a bet with you shmoes, If by june-july the GDP is still shrinking and corporate results are still declining, I'll go on a diet until my gay abs show up...

Even now you still don't fucking get it.  This is not a downturn.  Every major bank is insolvent - This CANNOT be fixed, there is no amount of money the government can create or borrow to fix these banks.

They paid for AAA paper, that is worthless.  Why do you think Paulson started spending it on stock instead of buying the bad assets?  Because the problem is in the tens, possibly hundreds of trillions!!

Do you do any investing in the private sector? Venture Capital? PPM's? or do you just buy public traded stock like the rest of the sheep?

I saw all of my friends get WIPED OUT well over a year ago in the private capital market, which is why I took this thread seriously from the beginning.  I was already experiencing Great financial Pain.

And as for your bet - forget it.  You are a schmoe with ZERO credibility, your word is as worthless as bank stock, so go try to leverage your empty promises elsewhere - or go run for public office.  Hope this helps  ;)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1914 on: February 21, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Even now you still don't fucking get it.  This is not a downturn.  Every major bank is insolvent - This CANNOT be fixed, there is no amount of money the government can create or borrow to fix these banks.

They paid for AAA paper, that is worthless.  Why do you think Paulson started spending it on stock instead of buying the bad assets?  Because the problem is in the tens, possibly hundreds of trillions!!

Do you do any investing in the private sector? Venture Capital? PPM's? or do you just buy public traded stock like the rest of the sheep?

I saw all of my friends get WIPED OUT well over a year ago in the private capital market, which is why I took this thread seriously from the beginning.  I was already experiencing Great financial Pain.

And as for your bet - forget it.  You are a schmoe with ZERO credibility, your word is as worthless as bank stock, so go try to leverage your empty promises elsewhere - or go run for public office.  Hope this helps  ;)

I was also suprised to see Alex23 posting this as a "Downturn" that hit bottom.    Itr okay to be positive, but hes listening to some people who dont know shit about whats going on.    ( The radio ads are coming on and announcing real estate as a good buy......we,ve been hearing that shit for a year......and the ads are paid for by the realtors association!!! )

I just laugh my ass off when people think, "Hey homes have dropped 30%, that must be a bottom!!"         Good gawd, millions more homes will reset and jobs are being lost at 600,000 a week......    This cannot even begin to bottom out till 4th quarter of this year, and even then a fix it may not raise it again.      Ill buy homes in 2010 if ever again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1915 on: February 22, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »
My GF has been busting my balls about buying a home for the last year or two.  I told her no then and I tell her no.  She was upset with me, but who is laughing now???

I tell her - I TOLD YOU SO all the time re: home prices.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #1916 on: February 22, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
My GF has been busting my balls about buying a home for the last year or two.  I told her no then and I tell her no.  She was upset with me, but who is laughing now???

I tell her - I TOLD YOU SO all the time re: home prices.

Now get off your ass and go buy a repo house at a bargain price for your girl and tell her, "Here's your house.  Enjoy.  Be careful of the crack house down the block and the addicts who are squatting in the house next door."   ;D

I bought a house last August to get my son into a better high school and still haven't been able to sell my old house.  I have renters in right now, at least, but would really love to get rid of the house.  I worry that it will be years before I can get what I need to break even on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1917 on: February 22, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
Now get off your ass and go buy a repo house at a bargain price for your girl and tell her, "Here's your house.  Enjoy.  Be careful of the crack house down the block and the addicts who are squatting in the house next door."   ;D

I bought a house last August to get my son into a better high school and still haven't been able to sell my old house.  I have renters in right now, at least, but would really love to get rid of the house.  I worry that it will be years before I can get what I need to break even on it.

It will take years. 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1918 on: February 24, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
back in Nov 2007 (Dow 14k/ Bush President) i predicted the stock market would crash, which not doubt has occurred. my focus now is not calling for the end of the world, but to locate a market bottom as the masses panic.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1919 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:44 PM »
S&P continues to stay ABOVE the Nov 21 2008 low of 741.(Bush low) market has recently tested said level and moved higher. (765)

with the market severely oversold i continue to anticipate holding 741 with an attendant short cover/bear market rally.

long term opinion remains unchanged.

NT

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #1920 on: February 25, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »
do you mind if I post these in your thread??

he has good pov. they'll get lost if I make separate threads. since he makes them everyday if they are good I'll post them here. just tell me if you mind

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1921 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »
do you mind if I post these in your thread??

he has good pov. they'll get lost if I make separate threads. since he makes them everyday if they are good I'll post them here. just tell me if you mind

My cousins friends uncle informed me this guy is CIA. It's all smoke and mirrors. Don't be fooled.

Alex23

« Reply #1922 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:49 AM »
My cousins friends uncle informed me this guy is CIA. It's all smoke and mirrors. Don't be fooled.

CIA HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #1923 on: February 26, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
Good news for UK banks today ;D

LON:LLOY - I got these low, growth of 20%  :o
LON:RBS - These too, but should have got more volume; growth of 75%!!!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #1924 on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:24 AM »

could be never know  :D