Author Topic: reasoning behind this (vascularity)  (Read 845 times)

brendan_192

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team Heath 2009
reasoning behind this (vascularity)
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:15:25 AM »
ok so i have had my bodyfat checked by 2 different trainers at my gym (caliper pinch test) i got 8% on one and 7% with the other. ive been dieting for about a month started at 12.7% anyway question is i dont get that nice thick vein in my biceps that ive always sought after. i know it may be due to genetics but i do get those veins in my biceps just only when my arms are pumped up or if i flex them etc, i can see that i do have em just seems to be too much fat around my biceps. my question is how can my biceps be carrying too much fat when the rest of my body is fairly lean. i have clearly defined abs, actually get 2 thick veins on either side of my lower abs, some small veins in my shoulders etc. could it be that when i started workin out my biceps just didnt grow as quickly as the rest or something. ive never really been this lean before so its never come up. do you guys think im gonna have to get to like 5% before ill have those veins in the arms like that???

England_1

• Getbig IV
Re: reasoning behind this (vascularity)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:18:51 AM »
The depth of your veins is genetic. The vein you are referring to is the cephalic vein. In some people it is very prominent (i.e. Ronnie) and in others is non-existant visually (see Cutler). Chances are, if you are seeing your superficial epigastric veins on your lower abdomen, then you are pretty low in BF, and if your cephalic vein isn't prominent now, it really never will be.
Team Yates