Author Topic: Design Against Fur 2007 People's Choice Award  (Read 2558 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Design Against Fur 2007 People's Choice Award
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:11:30 AM »

http://infurmation.com/daf/2007/vote.php#

DAF 2007 People's Choice Award
DAF 2007 Theme "Fashion Victims"

Voting ends at midnight EST on Friday, November 30th.

You may vote only once, so make sure your selection is correct before you submit your vote.

(check out the rest of the site about information about the cruel and disgusting fur trade  :'( )

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: Design Against Fur 2007 People's Choice Award
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:12:55 AM »
You know, I spent a fair amount of time running trap lines in the 1980's.  In retrospect, I'd never do it again, but back then I was a stupid teenager living on a farm desperate to make a few dollars.  One thing my stepdad did with my brother and I was be absolutely unyielding that the lines be checked two to three times a day.  My brother almost got one hell of a beating when he decided not to do it one evening.  It was kind of weird, but that was his way. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »
  Now a days there is no reason to wear fur, and there is absolutely no reason to be barbaric in acquiring fur if you are a piece of shit and think you need to have fur or sell fur.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 07:25:59 AM »
  http://infurmation.com/daf/2007/vote.php#

DAF 2007 People's Choice Award
DAF 2007 Theme "Fashion Victims"

Voting ends at midnight EST on Friday, November 30th.

You may vote only once, so make sure your selection is correct before you submit your vote.

(check out the rest of the site about information about the cruel and disgusting fur trade  :'( )

this is total hypocrisy because you know damned well that if opossum furs were "chic", there wouldn't be 1 single petition out there to sign to save the ugly little bastards !!!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »
this is total hypocrisy because you know damned well that if opossum furs were "chic", there wouldn't be 1 single petition out there to sign to save the ugly little bastards !!!

yeah there would be.   >:(

Wearing ANY fur is not "chic". 

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
  yeah there would be.   >:(

Wearing ANY fur is not "chic". 

do you wear leather of any type--shoes, belt, gloves, handbags...?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »
do you wear leather of any type--shoes, belt, gloves, handbags...?

leather comes from a cow that has been used for meat.

And they are humanely slaughtered (or are supposed to be unlike in the fur trade where humane slaughter is NOT the norm)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »
personally i don't see the logical distinction between leather and fur.  slaughtering an animal is still killing an animal whether you think its done humanely or not.  that being said, I could care less if someone wears a fur or eats fur.  makes no difference to me.  just pointing out a little hypocrisy is all.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »
personally i don't see the logical distinction between leather and fur.  slaughtering an animal is still killing an animal whether you think its done humanely or not.  that being said, I could care less if someone wears a fur or eats fur.  makes no difference to me.  just pointing out a little hypocrisy is all.

the big problem is the way the animals are kept and killed. Meat animals in the US are treated and killed much much more humanely than animals in the fur trade. I don't think any animal, fur or meat should be skinned alive, or clubbed to death, or any of the other barbaric ways they can think of that are the norm in the fur trade.

I don't see the hypocrisy. 

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »
So, if the animals are kept and killed humanely, you would have no problem with the fur trade?  If that is what you are saying, then you are correct, there is no hypocrisy.  But most of the people that oppose fur don't hold that belief.  Their view is that fur is bad no matter how it's obtained.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »
So, if the animals are kept and killed humanely, you would have no problem with the fur trade?  If that is what you are saying, then you are correct, there is no hypocrisy.  But most of the people that oppose fur don't hold that belief.  Their view is that fur is bad no matter how it's obtained.

I don't see any reason for fur, and if leather was not a by product from cows that are used for food, I wouldn't see a need for leather either. 

But if fur animals were treated and killed humanely, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be so adamantly against it. I still wouldn't wear fur.

Some people eat dogs and cats in some countries, that bothers me, but I know so does eating cows bother other cultures. The dog and cat eating countries treat them like shit and usually beat them to death and start processing them while they are still alive, THAT I have a definite problem with.  I can try and respect cultural differences, but not when they consist of blatant cruelty.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
  the big problem is the way the animals are kept and killed. Meat animals in the US are treated and killed much much more humanely than animals in the fur trade. I don't think any animal, fur or meat should be skinned alive, or clubbed to death, or any of the other barbaric ways they can think of that are the norm in the fur trade.

I don't see the hypocrisy. 

While I don't agree with clubbing seals, I will say, every animal we trapped were either A) caught in a trap that killed them instantly (ie rabbits) or were shot in the head with a .22 at close range.  My step father also made my brother and I both put our hands in the traps at the beginning of each trapping season so we knew what the animals were feeling.  Legs weren't broken and they were very, very rarely chewed off.  I'm not aware of anyone skinning the animals alive---at least not with the fur species I worked with (including up until a few years ago with captive "fur farmers" in Ohio).  there was too great of a risk of the animal moving and the fur being ruined.  No one wanted to do that. 

Again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't run a trap line, but I'm also not denying having done it in the past. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »
Overseas they like to just skin em, I think here anal electrocution is the method so not to damage the fur?

Considering how much furs go for, you'd think they could spend some of it on the care and humanity to the animals.
  >:(

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »
flower just doesn't like opossums and cows !

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 05:47:40 AM »

never had opossum!! 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 06:56:11 AM »
  never had opossum!! 

its nasty tasting

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »
Shithead is not impressed with this anti-fur crusade!  >:(

Ron: "I am lazy."

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »

Tell Shithead that it is so he can keep his fur.   ;)

Where's a pic of Shithead II?