Author Topic: The War Powers act.....  (Read 1093 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
The War Powers act.....
« on: November 13, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
Not enough good topics on the board been running slow....

Discuss, in terms of Iraq and the possibility of Iran

Who is worse Iran or N. Korea?

240 brought out some good points 2 months or so back....have things changed?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: The War Powers act.....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:56 AM »
North Korea will use chemical weapons should they launch an attack on the south. They plan to blitz Seoul and then sue for peace once they have the city. Easy to do with the DMZ being so close. They have alot of old bitter men who want revenge...they havea peasant population that knows very little of the West. They all pretty much buy the program. Contrast this with Iran. They have a bigger, and better educated population that has numerous contacts with the West. They could be swayed. A moderate regime could take power and be delt with diplomatically. If North Korea falls u will have chaos. China will have a flood of refugees..no telling what affect that will have on pro democracy groups inside the PRC. The South will also havea flood but they are and have been prepared for that for some time...that should start us off. Good thread.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:39:59 AM »
The war powers resolution gave the president the power to use force without declaring war on a country provided he get some congressional approval. 

That use of force is still subject to restrictions of international law.  That's where Iraq went sour.

I'll finish this up later....this job keeps interfering with my postings.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »
Not enough good topics on the board been running slow....

Discuss, in terms of Iraq and the possibility of Iran

Who is worse Iran or N. Korea?

240 brought out some good points 2 months or so back....have things changed?
I hate that clip they keep showing of NK troops marching... #1 most retarded looking thing I've ever seen--kill them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
They are hard as wood pecker lips..even if they come across malnourished...now those idiots from Iran doing that weird march,skip run thing...come on..asking for a beating.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 03:02:09 PM »
I hate that clip they keep showing of NK troops marching... #1 most retarded looking thing I've ever seen--kill them.

Are you talking about the one with their shirts off, right?