Author Topic: To people who think they are cut and ripped...  (Read 13424 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: To people who think they are cut and ripped...
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2007, 08:10:07 AM »
here is daddy waddys problem...

he is an egomaniac. his goal was to achieve a level of conditioning on par with the best of the best AND he wanted to do it as a natural. he had the right attitude and a good base to do so with... here is where he want wrong.

he tried to be an innovater to reinvent something that had already been invented, he tried to make his quest for conditioning like a spiritual quest for truth that only he would realize and he would reap the benefits of the this truth into some form of enlightment.

so he started doing outragous unconvential things like eating nothing, running marathons, lifting for hours and then binging and smoking pot and then not eating for days, and eating sea-salt and raw vegetables and kelp. blah blah blah.... a lot of horse shit basically. he thought he would achieve a superhuman level of conditioning AND because he did it so unconventially he would be hailed a truth bringer who crushed all the old standards of dieters past and thus be seen as a "guru" (literrally from the buddhist sense someone who helps others achieve enlightment).

the problem is..... IT BACKFIRED. and he looks like a midwest meth addict.

guess what daddy. the old standards of stand. yea as cliche as it is its still the old 6 meals a day, high protein, moderate carb, low low fat diet, don't overtrain, do your cardio, take your thermos, do it for a very very long time and make adjustments as neccessary.

daddy, the grail you seek has been found and brought out to into the open you just ignored it. just like adonis you tried to take the unconvential route to ultra-rippedness, thing is adonis got a lot closer ONLY becaus he followed more closely the principles above and didn't rely on some bullshit sea-salt to save his muscle. he still ate real calories.

good insight but i don't agree with you on the 6 meals, mod carb, low fat crap. that shit's been debunked time and again.

i believe adonis was on the right track with a 'calorie is a calorie' but he started getting a little stupid with his advice (beer only, etc) and failed to take personality, environment, etc etc into account. he let his vast ego get in the way of his focus and got caught up more with being a heretic for it's own sake. however, it can be said that there was one time that he saw his theory through to an actual presentation (getbig 1 contest) where he displayed a successful experiment on his own body

waddy has excellent genetics for building muscle (whether he acknowledges it or not) but i don't think he received too many gifts in the mental dept. apart from that, i don't know whether it's the drugs he uses or a psychiatric disorder but he is COMPLETELY inconsistant with everything he posts here, apart from his attention whoring (but that might be part of the psychiatric disorder). he goes from allegedly 10000 calories a diets to close to 0 and expounds on the virtues of each, depending on which waddy turns up. his physique goes from suspiciously full, big and pretty cut to flat as a pancake, smaller and, yes, soft - i'm sorry natural bodies don't do that in the space of a month or 2, especially if they are training the whole time. he even came out with the ridiculous assertion (yes, he was advising everyone) that it was excess cardio + 10000 calories per day that built large cut up muscle (absolutley, look at all those massive beasts running marathons). even said running was more important than squats for building muscle in the legs. ::)

there is no magical ingredient to getting ripped. you've just got to eat less calories than what you're metabolizing.

thing is, your metabolism can be influeneced by way too many variables to give an accurate prescription to every person eg. weight, sex, age, genetics, how much you eat (less you eat, the more your metabolism will slow down so as to prevent starvation - it doesn't know that burger king is just around the corner, it thinks a saber tooth tiger is around the corner) environment, activity levels, drugs, etc.

eating 6+ small high protein meals p.d was designed purely for 2 reasons

1. keep you satiated for longer (protein keeps you fuller longer than carbs)

2. stimulate the metabolism by the simple act of ingesting food ie digestion requires activity in your digestive system (from chewing to systems in the intestinal tract and gut). the only problem here is that the resulting carorie loss is so minor that it's hardly worth the effort (unless it works for you psychologically).

put it this way, the great serge nubret only ate 1 massive meal per day (apparently incuding 8lbs of horse meat amongst other foods in one sitting) yet he had easily the best midsection of any competitor in the the 70s.

mentzer only ate a max of 2wice per day and less than 100 grams of protein (for the whole day) when preparing for a contest and there weren't too many physiques more muscular and ripped than his at his peak.

natural trainees have even less reason to eat so many meals p.d with so much protein.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:03 AM »
hahahahhaa, just noticed the title of the thread was changed, i love it. ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2007, 08:34:40 AM »
good insight but i don't agree with you on the 6 meals, mod carb, low fat crap. that shit's been debunked time and again.

i believe adonis was on the right track with a 'calorie is a calorie' but he started getting a little stupid with his advice (beer only, etc) and failed to take personality, environment, etc etc into account. he let his vast ego get in the way of his focus and got caught up more with being a heretic for it's own sake. however, it can be said that there was one time that he saw his theory through to an actual presentation (getbig 1 contest) where he displayed a successful experiment on his own body

waddy has excellent genetics for building muscle (whether he acknowledges it or not) but i don't think he received too many gifts in the mental dept. apart from that, i don't know whether it's the drugs he uses or a psychiatric disorder but he is COMPLETELY inconsistant with everything he posts here, apart from his attention whoring (but that might be part of the psychiatric disorder). he goes from allegedly 10000 calories a diets to close to 0 and expounds on the virtues of each, depending on which waddy turns up. his physique goes from suspiciously full, big and pretty cut to flat as a pancake, smaller and, yes, soft - i'm sorry natural bodies don't do that in the space of a month or 2, especially if they are training the whole time. he even came out with the ridiculous assertion (yes, he was advising everyone) that it was excess cardio + 10000 calories per day that built large cut up muscle (absolutley, look at all those massive beasts running marathons). even said running was more important than squats for building muscle in the legs. ::)

there is no magical ingredient to getting ripped. you've just got to eat less calories than what you're metabolizing.

thing is, your metabolism can be influeneced by way too many variables to give an accurate prescription to every person eg. weight, sex, age, genetics, how much you eat (less you eat, the more your metabolism will slow down so as to prevent starvation - it doesn't know that burger king is just around the corner, it thinks a saber tooth tiger is around the corner) environment, activity levels, drugs, etc.

2. stimulate the metabolism by the simple act of ingesting food ie digestion requires activity in your digestive system (from chewing to systems in the intestinal tract and gut). the only problem here is that the resulting carorie loss is so minor that it's hardly worth the effort (unless it works for you psychologically).

put it this way, the great serge nubret only ate 1 massive meal per day (apparently incuding 8lbs of horse meat amongst other foods in one sitting) yet he had easily the best midsection of any competitor in the the 70s.

mentzer only ate a max of 2wice per day and less than 100 grams of protein (for the whole day) when preparing for a contest and there weren't too many physiques more muscular and ripped than his at his peak.

natural trainees have even less reason to eat so many meals p.d with so much protein.

I enjoy your posts, you have a gift for seeing things as they are and putting it down logically, good stuff.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:18 AM »
I enjoy your posts, you have a gift for seeing things as they are and putting it down logically, good stuff.

thanks. :)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »
hahahahhaa, just noticed the title of the thread was changed, i love it. ;D

YEAH WTF, that's probably the first thread title w/ my name in it. 

The_Schofeild_Kid

• Getbig II
  • I'm a Damn Killer Myself!!
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 12:57:16 PM »

truth, however of the thousands of competitors who achieved excellent condition, i would say 99% of them did it using traditional or somewhat traditional methods... consisting of multiple meals, ENOUGH protein to sustain muscle, enough carbs (and/or fats) for energy, and enough calories to keep the metabolism from taking a nosedive WHILE holding a calorie deficet allowing the body to slowly loss BODYFAT and not go into panic survival mode. then you add in the whatever cardio is necessary (a little for some more for others) and thermos to keep things moving. exceptional cases will always exist as you mentioned menzter and serge.

i'll tell you this though. no one ever reached a high level of conditioning eating nothing but sea salt and raw vegetables. if it was as easy as simply not eating than daddy waddy would look like that alex guy, but it ain't the way it is.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »
O THE SKINNY/FAT TWINKS LIKE DADDYW AND SHIFTED SHAPES WHO THINK THEY'RE CUT...

this is what ripped is all about, you guys make me laugh thinking your so ripped and cut when you have not one vein or striation anywhere.

hahahahaha that makes my contest condition look like i got ready on crisco :(

The_Schofeild_Kid

• Getbig II
  • I'm a Damn Killer Myself!!
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »
another point.

look at the leafy bug guy. he dieted for a show starting out with the whole adonis "eat what you want, a calorie is a calorie" mentallity. but what ends up happening? he learns you can't diet on ice cream becaus when you only have 1500 calories to play with you'll be STARVING eating ice cream and donuts and garbage. so what does he end up eating? egg whites and oatmeal, several times a day. sounds as old school and traditional as it gets.

result, they guy gets fucking peeled for his first show.

Master Blaster

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 01:08:36 PM »
YEAH WTF, that's probably the first thread title w/ my name in it. 

No way bro, you are a legend.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?

It's easy to show visible abs when you're in the early stages of AIDS.
ouch :o

scottallen

• Getbig II
  • WAKE UP READY!
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
So in your pathetic attempt to defend this tweeker, you attack my mom? ::)

Geezus, ya know for a guy with a huge head and skinny arms you sure do talk tough.
  sure the chaos. only cowards worry about there size or whatever when there dealing with other men. you the one who needs some self confindence. in person my boy youd wilt.
Do you have abs? Why not?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2007, 07:21:32 AM »
another point.

look at the leafy bug guy. he dieted for a show starting out with the whole adonis "eat what you want, a calorie is a calorie" mentallity. but what ends up happening? he learns you can't diet on ice cream becaus when you only have 1500 calories to play with you'll be STARVING eating ice cream and donuts and garbage. so what does he end up eating? egg whites and oatmeal, several times a day. sounds as old school and traditional as it gets.

result, they guy gets fucking peeled for his first show.

yep, but it's a lot easier talking about it than doing it.

bug did it the haaarrrrd way. he got ripped naturally.

when you're natural and all that muscle is melting away, it's 4 in the morning, you're awake...again, and you feel like you could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck...for the 68th night straight, that 1 or 2 bowls of ice cream you are having a day is not going to be very doable (read my post about 1 of the 2 advantages of 6 protein meals a day, the satiated one).

i reckon there was a point where bug finally said, 'fuck this!' and proceeded to work out which foods would keep him fuller for longer, energy levels constant due to slower digestion (low gi) and woudl be the best economy calorie wise??? bingo, oats and egg whites...simple, yet perfect.

yes, 6 meals per day does work for this reason, but there are plenty of top flight bbers that got super shredded eating way less often and way less protein than your average american.

i suspect stimulants like eca (possibly amphetamines), which also act as appetite suppressants, were a big factor in adonis' success. i know many fighters that follow this exact route with great success and i've heard (not witnessed) that many competeitive bbers over the years have excelled here. some extreme intensity guys that reached the top of the pro bbing ladder during the 70s apparently loved their pre-contest diets of meth and dianabol...oh, and perhaps a cantaloupe or a grapefruit now and then. apparently 1 or 2 modern bberes have shown a particular fondness for grapefruit pre-contest :-X.

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2007, 08:29:17 AM »

Ditto!

Schofeild's posts were spot-on, too.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »
just one pic of my friend Werner.....

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2007, 01:08:57 PM »

hahahahaha that makes my contest condition look like i got ready on crisco :(

Show prep using crisco?  Isnt that the goodrum way? 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »
Beast, I have to disagree about the 2 meals/day.  Nubret, Mentzer, etc had the advantage of AAS to keep their bodies anti catabolic and who knows how much they were using.

The nutrition board sticky

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=178690.0

links to a good study.  One of the most interesting things it said was that you'll keep a positive nitrogen balance with only moderate protein if calories are above or at maintenance, but that protein needs increase as calorie intake falls if you're going to head off muscle catabolism.  Only one or 2 meals in a 24 hour period just wouldn't cut it imo.  In any case it's a good read.

Paul Allen

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2007, 08:13:30 AM »
thank god for a thread like this.

people stumbling onto this forum would run away in fear after seeing your typical thread, but this one gives the forum some credibility and makes it seem like there are people here with an above 50 IQ.

great read and responses by everyone.