Author Topic: What separates a Professional BB show from a night at the male strip club?  (Read 8569 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: What separates a Professional BB show from a night at the male strip club?
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »
did he just reply with a half page? jesus im not even gonna read that haha im off to the gym
later

The mere fact that you keep posting in my thread is a testament to the fact that you can't get enough of it.  For you, it's just a ploy to keep adding to that number under your screen name, for me, it's all in fun.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
did he just reply with a half page? jesus im not even gonna read that haha im off to the gym
later

hahahahah ok.  ::) ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »

hahahahah ok.  ::) ::)

Exactly DonkeyKong!!  By going to the gym, he means picking up the 10-lb purple weights he keeps next to his computer for a quick 10 reps in between posting garbage...

hahahaha,
"1"

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »
in kind of relating to this topic, 2 thoughts: 1) i've always thought and wondered what kind of personality someone must have to actually want to get up on stage and "show it off" for complete strangers? exhibitionistic? narcissitic? i mean it goes beyond the quote "normal" behavior of wanting to compete at something and wanting to show your hard work in the gym. it's like there are many beautiful built girls in this world who would never ever think of being strippers or work at hooters even if they had no education or career prospects?

2) besides getting on stage nearly naked what about all of these "straight" bb who have made a profit on "lifestyle"videos, dancing for men, posing for pics ( i.e. rusty jeffers) and yet their supposed to be straight. how straight can a man be to do this for money? and it's not like were talking millions of dollars either (d.anthony doing his stage shows!) if you asked 100,000 straight men if they would do any of the above mentioned ever 99 percent would say no, and only maybe 1 %  if they got tons of cash. are some of these bber's that desperate for money they'll do almost anything? that's pretty sad.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »
in kind of relating to this topic, 2 thoughts: 1) i've always thought and wondered what kind of personality someone must have to actually want to get up on stage and "show it off" for complete strangers? exhibitionistic? narcissitic? i mean it goes beyond the quote "normal" behavior of wanting to compete at something and wanting to show your hard work in the gym. it's like there are many beautiful built girls in this world who would never ever think of being strippers or work at hooters even if they had no education or career prospects?

2) besides getting on stage nearly naked what about all of these "straight" bb who have made a profit on "lifestyle"videos, dancing for men, posing for pics ( i.e. rusty jeffers) and yet their supposed to be straight. how straight can a man be to do this for money? and it's not like were talking millions of dollars either (d.anthony doing his stage shows!) if you asked 100,000 straight men if they would do any of the above mentioned ever 99 percent would say no, and only maybe 1 %  if they got tons of cash. are some of these bber's that desperate for money they'll do almost anything? that's pretty sad.

is there something tom?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 08:49:47 AM »
Exactly DonkeyKong!!  By going to the gym, he means picking up the 10-lb purple weights he keeps next to his computer for a quick 10 reps in between posting garbage...

hahahaha,
"1"

He's still online, but surely he will post again in 30 minutes and then say that 'he left his computer online because he had some downloads going'.
haha, like i said before, even a spambot has more real life than bluto, otherwise one could assume that in fact he is nothing else that a spambot.  ;D ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »
I said in a post  years ago there are only two places on earth you will find men cheering for muscular  oiled up men preening onstage.  BUT I didn't go into nearly the detail you have One.......was there something. ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2007, 09:17:47 AM »
I said in a post  years ago there are only two places on earth you will find men cheering for muscular  oiled up men preening onstage.  BUT I didn't go into nearly the detail you have One.......was there something. ;D

Groink, were you a chippendales dancer back in the 80's, it was know to be very popular in Long Island?

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »

Any bodybuider - male or female - who is appalled at the idea of someone becoming sexually arroused by their image would be advised to slip on some baggy clothes and avoid any public appearances where they might be photographed.  For all the others who compete, or even work the booths at expos, they better accept the fact that someone is going to take their picture, someone may be gratifying themselves looking at that picture.  So if a bodybuilder accepts the fact that's going to happen anyway, it's only one small step further to decide that he or she may as well profit off of it.  While some people may disagree (usually for religous reasons), I see a big difference between selling your body for sex and selling your image for sex.  If bodybuilders have strong moral objections to selling their image and they do it anyway because they're desparate for money, I find that sad.  But if they're proud of the fact that other people (male or female) find them desirable and they're comfortable with making a little money off of that, I find that mature, open minded and smart thinking.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »
Groink, were you a chippendales dancer back in the 80's, it was know to be very popular in Long Island?

I was approached quite often as a youngster but never did it.In case you haven't noticed Bull I'm
 kind of uptight when it comes to showing the goods .  That's why you want me so bad ;D  I'm sure any young guy here with a decent look has been approached. A young guy I know named Evan works at Escapes, which is a very popular Cabaret joint, and he isn't really anything special body or face wise.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »
I was approached quite often as a youngster but never did it.In case you haven't noticed Bull I'm
 kind of uptight when it comes to showing the goods .  That's why you want me so bad ;D  I'm sure any young guy here with a decent look has been approached. A young guy I know named Evan works at Escapes, which is a very popular Cabaret joint, and he isn't really anything special body or face wise.

hahha,,getting a recent pic from you is like pulling teeth, Rumour has it your chest is burlier than Mike Wolf's  ;D....

Back in the 80's those stripper guys were built, roided, but still looked good, now they look like hairless manaquin trannies. Dont know what women find attractive about them.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »
(Excluding the Olympia & Arnold)

Contestants in both events workout year round making sure to keep in great shape for when they take part in a major competition/dance.

Men in both of these professions use steroids.

People pay to go see both.

People are packed into a small seating area.

Both venues have a stage with heavy lights.

Backstage there's a shit load of makeup people along with a bunch of weights on the floor for a pre-pump.

Both events have judges and a winner.

Both events consist of oiled-up, muscle men dancing practically naked to a ridiculous song while viewers clap or squeeze one out.

Contestants at both venues would be lucky to leave that night with $1,000 in earnings.

After the show, contestants from both events get hit on by G4P sponsors for private parties and the such.

On your way out you can usually get a signed autograph from your favorite Pro/Dancer..

On your way out, you can also usually buy a poster of your favorite pro/dancer for a small fee and maybe even his workout/sex video.

The Promoter/Club Owner always gets the higher cut from the entire show and leaves the scraps to be divided between the performers..

You walk out of the show never feeling as if it was truly as good as it was hyped up to be...

Speak on this,
"1"

P.S.  You can even buy a magazine (Playgirl or Flex) where your favorite Pro/Dancer is included on a spread with his best "shots"...

I'd like to know how and why you know so much about male strip clubs in the first place, frequent much?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
Personally I would go to an expo to meet Ron and some other Getbiggers. No way would I go watch half naked men onstage though. Same thing goes for the training videos that people talk about on here. When people talk about M3 or Battle of the Olympia vids or whatever I have no fkn clue what they are talking about, I don't see how a straight guy can watch that shit tbh.
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Personally I would go to an expo to meet Ron and some other Getbiggers. No way would I go watch half naked men onstage though. Same thing goes for the training videos that people talk about on here. When people talk about M3 or Battle of the Olympia vids or whatever I have no fkn clue what they are talking about, I don't see how a straight guy can watch that shit tbh.

One or two legitimate training vids is OK.  But a whole library?  Plus “lifestyle” vids?  Um, no.  :-\

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2007, 06:25:04 PM »
as squadfather would say.. bodybuilding is gayer then richard simmons wearing spandex shorts with his t-shirt tied in a bun.. and i agree

when i was a kid bodybuilding was about being the biggest badest #### on the streets. and it wasnt looked down upon if you decided to go onstage to prove this..

now i see these fags prancing onstage like im at "barracuda" on 22nd street

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »

I'll watch the little 30 second clips that get posted, but no fkin way I'm sitting through a whole workout vid. Gay or not that is some boring ass shit. When did watching someone eating chicken become entertainment?

I could see someone drinking a protein shake ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2007, 03:55:13 PM »
I'll watch the little 30 second clips that get posted, but no fkin way I'm sitting through a whole workout vid. Gay or not that is some boring ass shit. When did watching someone eating chicken become entertainment?

To me it just seems like the same thing as staring at buff guys at the gym, and that's just fkn weird to me. To be fair, I can see how the more serious lifters could learn from the vids, but for the casual lifter it just seems gay to me. I'm with you on the protein drinks though, I can watch a blender all day long. :D
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2007, 03:57:45 PM »
What separates a Professional BB show from a night at the male strip club?

No one making it rain?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2007, 04:27:22 AM »

Totally agree!! Workout vids are the most boring shit there is. Especially the Mits Okabe 6-hours no cut videos. Who the hell watches that shit?

Mark Dugdale's DVD was pretty entertaining, more like a reality soap. It focuses more on his life in general than just being a boring workout vid. (the missionary parts suck though, AND a masturbation or shower scene from hios wife would have been a big plus.)  ;D ;D ;D