Author Topic: Question for the board cops or legal minds...  (Read 769 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Question for the board cops or legal minds...
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »
In a recent video I watched a reporter questioned a man in front of his home.  The man declined to comment and walked to his home.  The reporter followed.  At the entrance to an open car port connected to the home, the man turned and said, you're on my property, please leave.  The reporter ignored his comments and followed him into the port.  Does this break any laws?  State is California.

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Question for the board cops or legal minds...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:20:03 AM »
its trespassing -refusing to leave private property.. but theres so many rules and loopholes its very hard to prosecute someone for this. even if the police arrived they would just ask the person to leave. unless he had intent on using physical harm on the person or property.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:48:58 AM »
its trespassing -refusing to leave private property.. but theres so many rules and loopholes its very hard to prosecute someone for this. even if the police arrived they would just ask the person to leave. unless he had intent on using physical harm on the person or property.
Thank you KH.  I haven't found the laws for San Fransisco online anywhere but found other major cities in California that are online that expressly make it illegal to continue onto private property once the person is notified they are not welcome to proceed by the property owner.  I can see where it would be hard to prosecute.  The one thing I've gained from this is that Bill O'Reilly is willing to disregard laws in his pursuit of people he's threatened to "go after and bring down" I'd bet if the roles were reversed and you continued onto Bill O'Reilly's property, he would have his blond bimbo lawyers on asking them what legal recourse he has against them--a common theme on his show.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »

a baseball bat to the reporters face mighta helped...

temp insanity in lieu of trespassing :)
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:17:30 AM »
I'm not sure what O'reilly has to do with it but look at the idiots wgho follow the stars around.....they've caused crashes and all kinds of shit. Most love it when the stars go after em, because they can sue. Alot of em climb trees and other things to get a view into someones property..hopw the hell is that fair?.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »

a baseball bat to the reporters face mighta helped...

temp insanity in lieu of trespassing :)
LOL, where I'm from it could have been worse than a baseball bat.  Zero way I would walk onto someone's property after being told to leave. :D

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:56:02 AM »
Thank you KH.  I haven't found the laws for San Fransisco online anywhere but found other major cities in California that are online that expressly make it illegal to continue onto private property once the person is notified they are not welcome to proceed by the property owner.  I can see where it would be hard to prosecute.  The one thing I've gained from this is that Bill O'Reilly is willing to disregard laws in his pursuit of people he's threatened to "go after and bring down" I'd bet if the roles were reversed and you continued onto Bill O'Reilly's property, he would have his blond bimbo lawyers on asking them what legal recourse he has against them--a common theme on his show.

there are some many variables and discrepancy's its a hard law to enforce.. if someone asks you to leave their property does that mean you have to quickly run away? or does that mean within a few minutes? unless someone decides to set up a tent in your front yard, there isnt much you can do..

so are the guys on o'reilly breaking the law? its too vague a law to know.. but if someone did this on o'reillys property it would be a different story. i know the neighboorhood he lives in. hes got a fence around his property, and im sure their are signs posted. which makes it a totally different story.. jumping a fence is not the same as walking across a wide open,unmarked border..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »
there are some many variables and discrepancy's its a hard law to enforce.. if someone asks you to leave their property does that mean you have to quickly run away? or does that mean within a few minutes? unless someone decides to set up a tent in your front yard, there isnt much you can do..

so are the guys on o'reilly breaking the law? its too vague a law to know.. but if someone did this on o'reillys property it would be a different story. i know the neighboorhood he lives in. hes got a fence around his property, and im sure their are signs posted. which makes it a totally different story.. jumping a fence is not the same as walking across a wide open,unmarked border..

But they proceeded into an adjoined portion of the house after being asked to leave the property.  I agree that it's no doubt something that would never get into court, but I do think it's a disregard for the tresspassing laws.  Of course you cant just go poof and disappear off the property, but when they advanced and followed him past that point, it was ignoring his request to leave which is specifically noted in the city laws I did find... I think had they not advanced it would be true, but the advancing into the adjoined port then that's disregard for the law, yes I'm sure it won't ever get prosecuted.  And if the exact same scenario were reversed, Bill would have a problem I'm sure.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »
Start a water balloon fight and see how long they stay.  Seriously.  Non-lethal force with little or no destruction of property.  No direct physical contact.  Or go play a game of catch with your body and get the pass while hitting the camera man or interviewer. 

Stick a smelly fish in his car....like George Gustafson.  That'll teach him.

All in all, you can make the bastards leave without hurting them or calling the police.
Squishy face retard