Author Topic: how does gear "age" a person?  (Read 1888 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
how does gear "age" a person?
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:57:09 AM »
seeing over and over pics of bb in their 20's,30's and 40's looking waaaay older and reading how aas/gear ages the person especially in the face and skin, how does gear actually age the person? or does it? perhaps the aging facially and skin wise is caused by constantly dieting, yo-yo weight, too much sun,etcetera? ( i haven't mentioned hair loss because from what i have read it's all in your genetic predisposition more than caused by aas usage,i mean look at jay cutler he has a full head of hair and god knows what he's taken over the years!)

are they any proof that gear does age your appearance?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: how does gear "age" a person?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
I don't think the extreme aging is 100% AAS caused, but they do play a big role.  When you are putting your body under those extreme conditions, constantly tearing it down, beating the hell out of it and building it back up, that creates a tremendous amount of stress.  Stress, in many forms, is a huge factor in aging.  That's why some people in their 40's look like they are 30 and vice versa.  Pro bodybuilders suffer from this, look at Jay Cutler, he's 30 years old and looks like he has 10 more years on him than he does.  Bodybuilding along with tanning and being in the sun will definitely age someone very quickly.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
Abusive doses speed age IMO.
Moderate ones (esp HGH) do the opposite IMO.

THere's plenty of research to support the 2nd theory.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
I should change this to "Bodybuilding along with extreme amounts of AAS, tanning and being in the sun will definitely age someone very quickly."

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
I should change this to "Bodybuilding along with extreme amounts of AAS, tanning and being in the sun will definitely age someone very quickly."

The massive doses of GH are nice for devolving into a Neanderthal to  :D
But thats the whole point I guess.

On some guys the jaw and brow ridges look ok to a point. We'll see how some of these guys hold up in the next years. Its a different ballgame today form previous generations.

No I dont think its healthy at that level. But Neither is driving a car at 220mph.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
Any of you guys notice how it seems to affect white bodybuilders more than black bodybuilders?

Also just look at branch warren

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »
the white and black thing is just down to genes,,, some black guys tend to age very well, some whites tend to develop wrincles etc etc

average use wont harm you, if you take anything to the extreme your goin to pay for it in many ways, ageing, liver/kidney/heart problems etc etc

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »
Dont EVER listen to the getbig.com experts exclusively. with AAS or any other medication, do the research, its easy on the internet. Now, I'm a newbie and consult getbiggers everday, but i cross reference their advise with other  sources, honestly they have been spot on so far, but its YOUR body: research that shit

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 09:17:49 PM »
Beleive the extreme diets and gain/loss of weight over and over more factor in aged appearance, along with excessive sun....

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
Steroids make you look older while you take them. Look at someone who got off completely after an extended cycle - baby face.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »
Moderate ones (esp HGH) do the opposite IMO.

THere's plenty of research to support the 2nd theory.
GH is supposed to be an anti-aging compound. No proof it extends lifespan, might even do the opposite. It can improve quality of life though.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
It sure wont help your heart and cardio vascular system be any younger, or your liver or kidneys either for that matter........Hey dont we need those things?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
Steroids make you look older while you take them. Look at someone who got off completely after an extended cycle - baby face.
Maybe for some, but not me...I'm baby faced year round, on or off.
I used to hate this, but the older I get, I realize that hey, this might not be such a bad thing, lol!

GH is supposed to be an anti-aging compound. No proof it extends lifespan, might even do the opposite. It can improve quality of life though.
I'm not sure how anyone could argue that it might shorten lifespan, if there is an argument for this I'd like to see it...yes, I realize this was not your point, just making a point myself.
Like you said though, no doubt does it improve quality of life to a great deal, and depending on the person and their outlook on life, even if it might shave a few years off their life, wouldn't you rather have those "champion" years instead? Yeah, I may very well get land blasted for what I just said...it's cool.

warrant800

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 02:34:06 AM »
Hmmmmm...the champion years....i like that....well,  I would say excessive use of anything is going to take it's toll....however with the cutting edge science developing of hormone replacement therapy, maintenance doses could just prevent you from losing those champion years anytime soon....If anyone works as a first responder ie.; fireman, LE, first aid, etc. they will vouch for the fact that not only does death come to us all, but death sometimes comes sooner whether it be accidental or purposeful.  This being said, I would say to live your life to the fullest and as if everyday was your last.  Plan for the future of course......But sometimes one thing people neglect is planning for eternity....oops....this might be the wrong column for that statement......

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 04:21:49 AM »
Yeah, I'll 2nd that thing about Grim Reaper not calling to verify appointments.
We just dont know tomorow.

I do think the big heart thumping doses take some toll.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 03:33:46 AM »
anything that speeds up your metabolism considerably speeds up aging potentially....look at reptiles - slowest metabolism and they live for 100+ years...on the other hand warm blooded small birds with fast heart rate and high metabolism (they eat constantly) live mere 3-4 years.... simple

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 01:18:01 AM »
It's the weirdest thing, everybody thinks that i'm much older that i'm and my dad who doesnt really train, eats anything, smokes and drinks a lot looks young enough to be my older brother...

It was cool to look older when i was underaged, you know to get into bars and such, but it just makes me wonder how will i look in my 50's (if i make it that far). 
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 06:04:42 AM »
Hmmmmm...the champion years....i like that....well,  I would say excessive use of anything is going to take it's toll....however with the cutting edge science developing of hormone replacement therapy, maintenance doses could just prevent you from losing those champion years anytime soon....If anyone works as a first responder ie.; fireman, LE, first aid, etc. they will vouch for the fact that not only does death come to us all, but death sometimes comes sooner whether it be accidental or purposeful.  This being said, I would say to live your life to the fullest and as if everyday was your last.  Plan for the future of course......But sometimes one thing people neglect is planning for eternity....oops....this might be the wrong column for that statement......

Well put!!