Author Topic: Guidelines for a safe post-competition food binge  (Read 6636 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Guidelines for a safe post-competition food binge
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:15:53 AM »
What are your recommendations?  How many plates of food directly after the show is "enough"?

Many new competitors overdo it.  While no one has been stupid enough to eat himself to death, it is inevitable if we don't get this under control.

Experienced competitors, please share your opinions on the limits to what should be consumed after competing.  thanks!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Guidelines for a safe post-competition food binge
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:16:49 AM »
What are your recommendations?  How many plates of food directly after the show is "enough"?

Many new competitors overdo it.  While no one has been stupid enough to eat himself to death, it is inevitable if we don't get this under control.

Experienced competitors, please share your opinions on the limits to what should be consumed after competing.  thanks!

I'm not too sure...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=180785.0
الاسلام هو شيطانية

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 08:21:03 AM »
I competed natural...after my first show I had 1 whole Papa John's pizza, 1/2 gallon of Ice cream and 8 wings...

3 hrs later, was starving and ate the rest of the IC and had more wings..

I was so full and put on 12 lbs in 3 days.....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:29:03 AM »
the whole thing makes me laugh, bodybuilders carry on and make a big deal as if they climbed Mt. Everest without eating solid food for 2 weeks, they're eating 6 meals of low carbs a day and doing 13-15 set weight workouts and little pansy ass 30 minute cardio sessions, big fuccking deal, no wonder they get sick from overeating they don't need the food they're stuffing in.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »
You have to be careful for foods that are really high in sodium as they may cause edema.  Also, after 12+ weeks of eating clean foods, you also have to be very careful with fried foods, they'll tear up your stomach bigtime.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
take some chromium, some hcla, vandalyn sulfate, and some cinnamon. if you are fully depleted you can eat about 1500 grams of carbs and see no fat  deposits...but nrmally bodybuilders do the carb up before their show...

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 01:21:30 PM »
take some chromium, some hcla, vandalyn sulfate, and some cinnamon. if you are fully depleted you can eat about 1500 grams of carbs and see no fat  deposits...but nrmally bodybuilders do the carb up before their show...

I didnt know you competed?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
You have to be careful for foods that are really high in sodium as they may cause edema.  Also, after 12+ weeks of eating clean foods, you also have to be very careful with fried foods, they'll tear up your stomach bigtime.

agreed.

it isnt so much your food intake you want to control in the days following your dhow, but the amount of water/ sodium you take in.

edema is what causes the majority of your discomfort.

that being said, if you are going to eat, eat alot of clean calories- being so depleted for some many weeks leaves your body hoarding nutrients in fear that it may be stripped of them again.

this window of opportunity is one of the best you'll have year round for making gains.
b

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
agreed.

it isnt so much your food intake you want to control in the days following your dhow, but the amount of water/ sodium you take in.

that being said, if you are going to eat, eat alot of clean calories- being so depleted for some many weeks leaves your body hoarding nutrients in fear that it may be stripped of them again.

this window of opportunity is one of the best you'll have year round for making gains.
translation: sperm covered sausage is best after a BB show ....thanks for the tip  ::)
The Number 2 in Scranton

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
yeah your right i dont. but its the same theory as the carb up on a cyclical ketogenic diet like the anabolic diet or the body opus diet by dan duchaine//

if you take some glucose disposal agents like chromium vandalyn sulfat and cinnamon you will store all the carbs you can store as glycogen first, then you will store them as fat. so it minimizes what can be stored. the hcla is supposed to block carbs from ebing stored as fat..but its effectiveness has ben debated.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »

thanks for the tip  ::)

i bet you say that to all the boys.

b

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
of course he does, check it out. :D

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 01:43:40 PM »
yeah your right i dont. but its the same theory as the carb up on a cyclical ketogenic diet like the anabolic diet or the body opus diet by dan duchaine//

if you take some glucose disposal agents like chromium vandalyn sulfat and cinnamon you will store all the carbs you can store as glycogen first, then you will store them as fat. so it minimizes what can be stored. the hcla is supposed to block carbs from ebing stored as fat..but its effectiveness has ben debated.

Bra, were not talking about storing some fat here.  This is about what is SAFE.  There are actual health problems that can occur after competing if you eat the wrong stuff.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
look at how huge i am in that picture!!! thats fucking amazing, even I didnt know i was THAT monstrous and RIPPED back in july.

thanks dave, i had forgotten how astounding i had looked!

:)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »

Bra, were not talking about storing some fat here.  This is about what is SAFE.  There are actual health problems that can occur after competing if you eat the wrong stuff.
really? wow i didnt know that..   i wonder why?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »
really? wow i didnt know that..   i wonder why?

Electrolyte imbalances and putting food in your stomach (fried, greas) that your body isn't used to.  Nobody really gives a fuck if the get a little fatter after they have competed.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »
agreed.

This is actually very true. Post contest is a time to put on serious size if you eat and train correct. For instance, I competed 11 days ago and have put on 29 lbs ( I agree, mostly water) but still have visable abs and very vascular. I did not look this good at the same weight prior to my show.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »
I wish you guys posted this weeks ago!

It sure would have benfited me greatly! I did my show at 192 pounds on Nov 3, 2007 (12 days ago)

When the contest was over we ate at Cheesecake factory and I binged out...the following days, I pigged out...

I weighed myself on Tusday (Nov 6) and found that I weighed about 240 pounds!

Today (Nov 14th) I weighed myself and im down to 229 pounds and Im still bloated and have bloated legs and kankles and striations are non existant. I look fat again!

When is my body going to equalize? Im drinking alot of water (almost 2 gallons a day) as many people have recommended me to do....  when am I going to go back to normal? !

I know its just my body holding on to a lot of sodium but from 192 to 240 then to 229 pounds..this is ridiculous!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

It sure would have benfited me greatly! I did my show at 192 pounds on Nov 3, 2007 (12 days ago)

When the contest was over we ate at Cheesecake factory and I binged out...the following days, I pigged out...

Today (Nov 14th) I weighed myself and im down to 229 pounds and Im still bloated and have bloated legs and kankles and striations are non existant. I look fat again!

When is my body going to equalize? Im drinking alot of water (almost 2 gallons a day) as many people have recommended me to do....  when am I going to go back to normal? !

I know its just my body holding on to a lot of sodium but from 192 to 240 then to 229 pounds..this is ridiculous!

Those Cankles are a sign of edema.  I'd see a doctor if it doesnt start progressively diminishing soon!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:20 PM »
Thanks wisconsinBB !!!

Will do!

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

I actually was thinking of you when I read this thread and glad to see you weight is starting to equal out. I would say to continue to drink alot of water and really watch the sodium and you will be fine. Remember, you tricked the body into getting rid of needed water....now it wants to hold everything. It will soon enough be in order again when it figures out it is holding too much.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 02:10:29 PM »
Thank you for the advice, Has Beens!

I swear to God, I am not going to binge out like this after a contest ever again...

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 02:30:31 PM »
What a beast, an acne covered narrow back with matching love handles!!!   :D

;D

8)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »

so in that old video where you see Flex Wheeler eating a pizza after a show is not something to recommend?
tank u jesus

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »
I gained 12 pounds a day post contest.