Author Topic: How much better can UFC get....  (Read 1390 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
How much better can UFC get....
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:19:45 PM »
With all of these new stars getting signed and crossing over to the octagon. Who is left out there that the UFC has to sign before M-1 gets people. I know that a lot of people wanted to see Fedor, so don't bring that one in. I am talking about other fighters that aren't signed as of yet.... Great new addition with Sokoudjou

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: How much better can UFC get....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »
barnett, arona, filho, hellboy, kimbo, hunt
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
barnett, arona, filho, hellboy, kimbo, hunt

i bet none of these come to the ufc. i am telling you the ufc will only get worse. white is going to get all of his talent from the tuf
irongearco.com

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
I don't think the talent has anything more to do with what make UFC better or worse.

It all has to do with their rules. They need to change their rules. Similar to pride.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
With all of these new stars getting signed and crossing over to the octagon. Who is left out there that the UFC has to sign before M-1 gets people. I know that a lot of people wanted to see Fedor, so don't bring that one in. I am talking about other fighters that aren't signed as of yet.... Great new addition with Sokoudjou

personnaly I'm waiting for m-1 to put together a couple of cards and see what the UFC's up against as far as talent and promotions and then I think with the comparison the UFC can SEEM better........

m-1 signing some of the upper tier talent might be a good thing for the ufc because since dana pretty much became the only show in town and bought out pride I seem to be losing interest.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:45:52 AM »

i bet none of these come to the ufc. i am telling you the ufc will only get worse. white is going to get all of his talent from the tuf

i cant see how it gonna get worse, getting hard to find fighters that DONT fight for the ufc these days. thats one short list i posted
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 02:46:31 AM »
I don't think the talent has anything more to do with what make UFC better or worse.

It all has to do with their rules. They need to change their rules. Similar to pride.

what rules are you missing? stomping on a fighter on the ground?
Z

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
Bottom line is EVERYONE wants to fight for the UFC, because of the exposure that opens big doors to big endorsement deals. UFC can afford to pay less than other companies because of this. After all, more people know who Patrick Cote is than Jake Shields, even though Shields is 10x the fighter. Shields is a guy who should go to the UFC because he's got marketability that's going untapped. He could be the next Rich Franklin!

UFC won't sign everyone because some guys would rather be the big fish in a small pond and the UFC has the majority of the top fighters. (I'd rather be the 185 champ in Elite than catch knees in the face all night from Silva), but UFC will continue to attract the best fighters, especially if they can land an HBO or Network deal. The exposure and the $$$ that brings is just too much to pass on for most guys with intelligent management.

My two cents!
BigNationRadio.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 06:58:02 AM »
ufc wont have a shortage of fighters, the key now is to get good match ups
Z

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:56:03 PM »
Why would the UFC change their rules?  They're more popular now than ever, and nobody's crying foul with the rules.  I agree that match-ups will make or break the organization.  They currently got a ton of talent in every division.

Patrick Cote is every bit the fighter that Jake Shields is.  In my opinion, he's better.  Cote's very well rounded and excellent cardio.  He had really good striking before, but it's even better now.  Especially his Muay Thai.  He looked unreal in his last 2 fights against Jason Day and Kendall Grove.  I had a chance to see the Jason Day fight tonight on Fight Network (the showed TKO 29), he looked fantastic.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
they should definitely change the rules.

You can have all the talent in the world. Nothing will change in the octagon if the rules don't change.

Tactics to win will always remain the same.

I'm extremely bored with UFC's handling of MMA. All matches look the same.

PRIDE matches consist of three rounds; the first lasting ten minutes, and the second and third lasting five. Intermissions between each round are two minutes in length.

A "warning" will be given in the form of a yellow card or a green card (The green card gives a 10% deduction of a fighters purse) when a fighter commits an illegal action or does not follow the referee's instruction. Three warnings will result in a disqualification.

Referees can give a fighter a penalty card for lack of activity. This method is aimed to prevent inaction.

PRIDE's rules differ from the Unified Rules of Combat in the following ways:

PRIDE allows kicking and kneeing the head of a downed opponent who is on his back. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules, which only allows kicks and knees to the head of a standing opponent.
PRIDE allows a fighter to stomp a downed opponent. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules.
PRIDE allows a fighter to Spike (piledriver) an opponent. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules.
PRIDE does not allow elbow strikes to the head of an opponent. The Unified rules allows elbows provided they are not striking directly down with the point of the elbow.
PRIDE's matches include a ten minute first round, with two minute rest periods. The Unified rules allow rounds no longer than five minutes, with rest periods not exceeding one minute.
PRIDE's matches are not judged on the ten point must system, rather judges score the whole fight. The Unified rules call for all matches to be judged using the ten point must system.

Decision

If the match reaches its time limit then the outcome of the bout is determined by the three judges. The fight is scored in its entirety and not round-by-round. After the third round, each judge must decide a winner. Matches cannot end in a draw.
A decision is made according to the following criteria in this order of priority:
the effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission,
damage given to the opponent,
standing combinations and ground control,
takedowns and takedown defense,
aggressiveness, and
weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10 kg/22 lb or more).

In Bushido, red cards are issued in a similar way that yellow cards are used in PRIDE FC. A red card results in a 10% deduction of the fighter's fight purse. Red cards can be given out in an unlimited number without disqualification. If fighters commit the following actions, they shall be given a red card by officials:

Stalling or failure to initiate any offensive attack,
making no attempt to finalize the match or damage the opponent, and
holding the opponent's body with the arms and legs to produce a stalemate.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »
why should they change the rules? and which rules
Z

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »
read my last post, everything in bold is what they should change.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
i saw some knees on the ground last night if i recall correctly
Z

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
not much better if dana keeps tryin to act like don king...... i mean really, banning the filming of wanderlei at XTREME just b/c of the deal with trandy? Making  him come to xyience training facility just to film it. whats next banning the coutoure fighters from wearing there sponsored gyms shirts? cotoure wont b able to corner his fighters? (ala diaz)

this dana crap is just gettin dumb. i believe tito more and more now about all the crap he said dana was putting him through. even the way dana edited out the video about there match together to make tito look bad.....

dana has brought mma so far but he keeps acting like this hes goin to destroy it.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
The only way it could get better is if Chuck Norris signs up and fights Randy for the title.
TEAM REPTILIAN