Author Topic: BUYING STOCKS BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS  (Read 14877 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: BUYING STOCKS BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 06:52:09 PM »
I own some Apple Stock and am looking for a few other stocks before the holidays kick in. Anyone else dabble in the stock market? Any day traders? It gives the everyday bodybuilder a very nice salary. What are your picks for the holidays?
buy gold, it doesnt get reported.

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »
Buy Sharper Image now at 3 bucks..I but up until jan thru feb, load up and dump it in may or june when earnings for X-Mas come out..Easliy doubles....Been doing this for um,,,5-6 years now...And and take my word, do your homwork and check the charts.....And when you sell and triple your money, PM so you can send me my cut..And thank me
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 07:39:35 PM »
buy gold, it doesnt get reported.

where is a good place to start? can you provide a url?
Here comes the money shot

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 05:39:07 AM »
WTF is a stop sell?  It's called a stop loss you tool.  Know what you are talking about before you post here or I will come to your parents basement and disconnect your cable modem.

ahahahahhahahahaha ;D
tank u jesus

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
They are cheap for a reason.  They are gambling stocks, not trading stocks.

Pump and dump baby

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 07:37:54 PM »
Not to be a dick to OP but buying "apple" stock just because the holiday season is coming up is not a good reason to buy the stock.  There are a lot of other factors that cause a stock to go up and down.  With that same logic you would buy stock in candy companies before halloween comes around, and companies that manufacture sweaters before winter comes around.  Thats just not how it works bro.   ::)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 09:53:59 AM »
how does it work? :D
tank u jesus

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:43 PM »
WTF is a stop sell?  It's called a stop loss you tool.  Know what you are talking about before you post here or I will come to your parents basement and disconnect your cable modem.

Gee, the SEC seems to know what a sell stop is:

http://www.sec.gov/answers/stopord.htm

Too bad you don't, "tool".   ::)

You do seem to know a lot about using "modems" from your parents basement, though.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 08:42:17 PM »
Not to be a dick to OP but buying "apple" stock just because the holiday season is coming up is not a good reason to buy the stock.  There are a lot of other factors that cause a stock to go up and down.  With that same logic you would buy stock in candy companies before halloween comes around, and companies that manufacture sweaters before winter comes around.  Thats just not how it works bro.   ::)

So does that mean I should give back the $1500 I made when I sold after it hit $196 on Tuesday right before the Fed anouncement?  :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »
Assuming you bought aapl more than six months ago, sell it....you should realize some of your gains before the holiday volatility sets in....You don't want to buy stock before the holidays; it's a terrible idea (particularly in today's market)...Wait until the end of January...hope this helps

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 06:51:43 AM »
Selling AAPL or any stock just because the Holidays are coming or it hits a certain price or what ever makes no sense.  You miss some of the best moves that way.  BTW AAPL is in a strong uptrend on the daily and weekly charts.  Is it a little over extended?  Who knows.  Sometimes a chart that looks like this will go on to make emormous gains before finally pulling back.

As a rule, yes, aapl is gonna have some corrections however.  That trend cannot continue without some.  Your philosophy is clearly long term.  Mid-term or swing traders like me have been making just as much money in aapl over the last year and a half but without as much of the risk.  The stock has been textbook  using simple techniques of analysis like RSI...
Figure out a plan for exiting (like a trailing stop) before you enter a trade, and stick to it 100% of the time.  Otherwise you will start doing counter productive things like dollar counting and you will lose money over time, guaranteed.

Good advice

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 03:02:24 AM »
It's prudent to ask for investment advice on a bodybuilding forum.  ::)
yes, clearly because anyone with an interest in bodybuilding must be stupid as hell with no knowledge outside lifting iron.  Excellent advice, this board clearly is not made up of people from all walks.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 03:25:25 AM »
macworld tomorrow. So apples up.
A