Author Topic: Barry Bonds Crucified  (Read 4006 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Barry Bonds Crucified
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:44:22 AM »
Ok, we spend a billion Dollar$ of Tax money to corner a ball player for lying and "Obstruction".
Same deal as Clinton and his wide-ass GF Monica and Martha Stewart.... Lying got them more than the "Crime".
(Well, Martha took the money and ran while the average share holder was left holding the bag, that is a crime..)

To me steroids is about as crucial as the ball and bat to that game. It was BORING as hell till the big hitters started to fill seats.

A better idea would be to setup these politicians that bleed us all dry and are intent on stealing our last tiny bits of personal freedom.

All the shit that's wrong and messed up in the US Govt and they waste their time on this?
There's no end to the things that are more important than this.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Barry Bonds Crucified
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:13 PM »
yep they're  out to get barry for a long time

hopefully they indict some other big names...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »
Only good thing about Barry Bonds is that he went to Arizona State!

Other than that, he is a schmuck! Does not deserve this witch hunt, but a schmuck none the less.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 06:02:42 PM »
The main thing concerning Bonds is that he is exactly what "they" want...he is the poster child they need to combat steroids.

Check out the main page on steroid.com
Anthony has a good little article that sums it up pretty well IMO.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
To me its like taking race gas away from the Indy 500.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 07:08:30 PM »
To me its like taking race gas away from the Indy 500.

Problem with the whole Bonds scenario is that it is just a lot more public now as they want an escape goat to latch onto. He knew what he was doing and so did the rest of us...how many people do you know that go from 160lbs to 220lbs within a season and look lean doing it...c'mon this whole scenario is a farce..

I call bullshit ref...red card on the play!
Just spot me BITCH!!!

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:25:30 PM »
I hear ya load and clear Trab, best I can figure it, is that it is some whack baseball purest thing. It is a small group of people who think any so called "corruption" in baseball, will throw the world out of order. Really they think it is the last bastion of purity. Football, basketball or any other sport, no problem, but with baseball it is like the lose of childhood innocence. It has just been blown so out of proportion, congressional hearings, give me a break.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »
I'm with you trab.  This is a witch hunt out of control.  And as long as the Iraq war keeps on going horrible the  govt will try to distract the american public with this b.s.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
I'm with you trab.  This is a witch hunt out of control.  And as long as the Iraq war keeps on going horrible the  govt will try to distract the american public with this b.s.
The problem, the main problem, is things like the War, things like immigration, things like protecting freedoms and rights are not the governments top priority.

It's not a distraction they are trying to pull on us, it's not that at all IMO. It's the fact that this issue takes precedence over more important issues...in their minds the "War on Steroids" is more important then national security...it's more important then individual freedoms and choices...it's more important then what should be "more important."

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »
What pisses me off to no end is the fact that people continue to call this the "steroid era".  AAS are dead, HGH, 'slin, and IGF are the primary drugs for body building anymore, none of which are steroids by definition.  AAS and other performance enhancers have been used by athletes as long as athletes have been around. Should they disallow the use of protein drinks next?  The morons in the federal goverment and other agencies seem to think that it is something new, that this "steroid era" is something that is poisioning society.

I assume most of you have heard the phrase "You need to get on the ball"  or "I need to get on the ball".  Do you know where that comes from?  It comes from sports in the late 1960s meaning "I need to get on DBOL (Dianabol)."  Fan's didn't know what it meant at the time so it was adopted as a phrase of "Let's try harder, let's get it together".  WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE. 90% of professional athletes take steroids, the other 10% just don't know who to ask or where to get it.  Of course they all lie about it, becuase they know they will be crucified by the media and the douchebags that never actually played sports but seem to think they know all about them (i.e. 80% of sports writers).  What the world really needs is a retired, established, hall of fame player to come forward and say, "Yes, we all took it then".  I wish Hank Aaron would fess up personally, because in the early to mid 1970s steroids were plentiful and I'm sure he took them like everyone else.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 04:25:52 AM »
Americans are not very good at Handling The Truth.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 06:15:24 AM »
if juiced to the gills bodybuilders still claim to be natty, do you realy think a well respected athlete would come clean about the use.

For fucks sake, watching the hundred meters sprinters goin into the croutched position is like watchin a pose down, ripped, tons of muscle fibre and vascularity

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
Barry Bonds won't get charged, the government dosen't have shit on Barry.  They want to put pressure on him to admit that he used, because Marion Jones fucking cracked under the pressure.  They didn't have nothing on Jones either, absoulutely nothing, but she was stupid and admited to lying and sure as shit they nailed her.  Barry Bonds is a different story he isn't going to admit to dick all, they couldn't get him for 4 years, there is nothing they have stumbled upon.  It's all tactics for pressure, that's it.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »
Barry Bonds won't get charged, the government dosen't have shit on Barry.  They want to put pressure on him to admit that he used, because Marion Jones fucking cracked under the pressure.  They didn't have nothing on Jones either, absoulutely nothing, but she was stupid and admited to lying and sure as shit they nailed her.  Barry Bonds is a different story he isn't going to admit to dick all, they couldn't get him for 4 years, there is nothing they have stumbled upon.  It's all tactics for pressure, that's it.

Well, they got an indictment for a trial, finally. That tells you they have sufficient evidence that the grand jury allready assumes he's guilty. Can he beat it in court? It depends on who testifies and what they say and how credible they are.
Gonna be some heavies inthe sports doping world called to testify.

It also gets to the point a plea is the safer way for defendant to go often.
I hope Bonds walks, but I wouldn't put money on it. This is stupid and a waste of tax money.

The best drug test for todays athletes is fear of conviction of lying under oath, not the mass spectrometer or a blown T:E Ratio.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »
MLB didn't even start testing until a few years ago.

Surprised the whole league was not using during that time.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »
Americans are not very good at Handling The Truth.

No they cant and that is why the quote from the a few good men is so on the money.   " you want the truth, you cant handle it"

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »
Well, they got an indictment for a trial, finally. That tells you they have sufficient evidence that the grand jury allready assumes he's guilty. Can he beat it in court? It depends on who testifies and what they say and how credible they are.
Gonna be some heavies inthe sports doping world called to testify.

It also gets to the point a plea is the safer way for defendant to go often.
I hope Bonds walks, but I wouldn't put money on it. This is stupid and a waste of tax money.

The best drug test for todays athletes is fear of conviction of lying under oath, not the mass spectrometer or a blown T:E Ratio.

Look just cause he is indicted dosen't mattter for one reason, his personal trainer will not testify and Victor Conte will not testify.  The only reason they got the go ahead is because Marion Jones cracked, so now they think they can pressure Bonds to tell all which will never happen. They are pulling at straws and trying to ride the wave of guilt.  The fact of the matter is Jones is an idiot, she ruined her self because she thought she could sue Victor Conte and make a ton of money because her career had been tainted, the truth of the matter is they had nothing on Jones and if she shut her yap everything would have worked out in the end.  But she decided to be a smart ass and tell the FBI she was lying and figured she would cash in on Victor...big mistake.  Bonds will never be convicted. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
I think they have the evidence to convict for perjury and obstruction or they wouldn't indict.
It could go Bonds way with a jury, but the facts were sufficient for a indictment from a grand jury.
Not good for Bonds.
His only hope is he's got LOTS of MONEY for the best defence it can buy.

Trial is risky. Plea is not.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »
Bond indicted? Oh thank God, i was really worried that the US government wasted an ass load of money for nothing.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »
its all a government show.  things arent going well in the middle east, so they do this to divert our attention from that.  I hate bonds as much as the next guy, but spending all that time and money just to nail him is a waste, especially considering children dont have healthcare in this country.  Also a good way for politicians to garner votes, catching a big fish like bonds

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »
What pisses me off to no end is the fact that people continue to call this the "steroid era".  AAS are dead, HGH, 'slin, and IGF are the primary drugs for body building anymore, none of which are steroids by definition.  AAS and other performance enhancers have been used by athletes as long as athletes have been around. Should they disallow the use of protein drinks next?  The morons in the federal goverment and other agencies seem to think that it is something new, that this "steroid era" is something that is poisioning society.

I assume most of you have heard the phrase "You need to get on the ball"  or "I need to get on the ball".  Do you know where that comes from?  It comes from sports in the late 1960s meaning "I need to get on DBOL (Dianabol)."  Fan's didn't know what it meant at the time so it was adopted as a phrase of "Let's try harder, let's get it together".  WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE. 90% of professional athletes take steroids, the other 10% just don't know who to ask or where to get it.  Of course they all lie about it, becuase they know they will be crucified by the media and the douchebags that never actually played sports but seem to think they know all about them (i.e. 80% of sports writers).  What the world really needs is a retired, established, hall of fame player to come forward and say, "Yes, we all took it then".  I wish Hank Aaron would fess up personally, because in the early to mid 1970s steroids were plentiful and I'm sure he took them like everyone else.

You always speak the truth!!!

Excellent post!

8)

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 11:37:25 PM »
No they cant and that is why the quote from the a few good men is so on the money.   " you want the truth, you cant handle it"

Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Col. Jessep: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

warrant800

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 02:26:24 AM »
The problem with most anti AAS proponents is that they think that taking the juice alone makes you superman...In order to compete as a pro athelete, let's face it,  you have to be gifted and willing to work hard...  If steroids were a magic pill, then everyone that took them would be a pro athelete....Just not so....Sadly, baseball is less tolerant of AAS use for reasons I don't understand...You ask any college football player if they have ever "known" anyone that used the juice and they will look at you funny....I know players from division 3 schools that lined up for shots in the locker room as a team....In order to compete in these tough sports without having your body snap in half you either have to be a genetic freak,  or take advantage of something that will maybe save your body and your life....I offer no solutions on how to regulate or make the playing field totally fair, but the competition of the sport itself sometimes determines the use of AAS.....

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
Steroids are the reason why people are still interested in sports nowadays, most of them just don't realise it because of the media.

Imagine real clean sports.. marathons in not less than 2:30, 100M above 10 seconds etc. etc.

Besides, all people have different natural hormone levels. A.S evens things up a bit ;)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 03:13:52 AM »
Would the NFL be able to sell all those tickets and television time if the linemen were just 230 lbs?