Author Topic: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!  (Read 10817 times)

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!
« on: November 16, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »
Are up now at Flexonline

http://www.flexonline.com/news/268

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
Holy shit look how hard Putnam got.  Looks like he should go pro.   

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »
Was just going to say. Putman is ripped. He can't lose with that. He's also got that 5th quad muscle Jay Cutler has.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
Holy shit look how hard Putnam got.  Looks like he should go pro.   

I'm also very impressed with these improvements!  I would not lose any sleep if he got his card.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »
I'm also very impressed with these improvements!  I would not lose any sleep if he got his card.
whose winning would you lose sleep over?

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

Hes an awkward lookin poser though. I recently just went to a local show in my city and damn some people would place so much better if they just knew how to pose

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:10:36 PM »
Putnam! way better thn what I had expected

AI3

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »
Charles is killing the competition - check the comparisons out!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 08:12:05 PM »
Man Putnam went for it.  How could he not have.  BTW guys I'm just 60 minutes into this Nasser Night and I am already destroyed.

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
That's close.  Peter is in much better shape than he was at the USA's but Dixon is thicker than Peter just about everywhere except quads.  

I'm glad I'm not a judge.  Can't they just give out 2 pro cards?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
That's close.  Peter is in much better shape than he was at the USA's but Dixon is thicker than Peter just about everywhere except quads.  

I'm glad I'm not a judge.  Can't they just give out 2 pro cards?

Nah, Putnam's got the edge on him in polish.  He's ready.   

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
i just finish rereading some Homer too, i know how you feel.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
whose winning would you lose sleep over?

Depends on the situation.

I lost a lot of sleep with Bertil coming fifth in 1983.  >:(
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
i just finish rereading some Homer too, i know how you feel.

Yeah this is gettin' close to that.  OK, next up for discussion.  What do you guys think of Alex onstage?  Check out this other guy next to him.  He's got Alex on upper body but Alex has him in the lowers.  I haven't even finished making sure I've seen all the lightweight competitors yet but I already see this one here as an interesting comparison. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »
Yeah this is gettin' close to that.  OK, next up for discussion.  What do you guys think of Alex onstage?  Check out this other guy next to him.  He's got Alex on upper body but Alex has him in the lowers.  I haven't even finished making sure I've seen all the lightweight competitors yet but I already see this one here as an interesting comparison. 

If Alex is the guy in the top pic, he's got the other guy beat.
Ron: "I am lazy."

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »
From the front.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »

If Alex is the guy in the top pic, he's got the other guy beat.

Goatboy--------> Alex, or that may have been before he saw the front pics.

Why would you say Alex should place ahead of this other guy?  What's everyone else think?  Seriously, this makes you have to dig into your constitution to place them.  It essentially comes down to what qualities you value most in a bodybuilder.  You really have to consider, who beats who, and why? 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 08:33:49 PM »
i'm waiting for the taller heavier classes.  that's just a preference.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »
OK guys the guy compared to Alex above is Jeff Olcsvary.  He won the lightweight class at Junior Nationals this year and if you look at these pics below, he's made a shit ton of improvement since.  He's way harder tonight than he was at Juniors.  He could still get a tad harder, though, Alex next to him shows us that much.  Alex's back is much smoother but that looks to be primarily genetic to me.  Still, who do you think wins from the back?  Upper body showing the shreds or lower body showing the shreds? 

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/7431/

From the front, well, Alex looks harder, but this guy may be a bit more "marketable."  They could also argue that Alex's tan is a little off.  A little too dark it seems. 

All in all, I still think Alex should take it, though.  With all his involvement in the local shows around here, he's gotta have Jon Lindsay behind him, so he should be good on the political front, and he surely did his PR this time around with the pics posted here.  He PM'ed me earlier today telling me that he'd been having people left and right in Dallas come up to him and say they saw his pics on the internet.  He says he counted 25,000 total views between all the threads posted on the various boards about him and those pics. 

See how you can leave no stone unturned?  And remember, he still might not even get top 4...it'll just be depending on what they're looking for.  If the comparison pictures are in order, Alex didn't even make the first callout.  I think they replace the Jeff guy a little farther into it with him, but I really can't tell what actually might be going on in them.  I really do wonder if they posted the comparison pics in order.     

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
good build but jeff he has bad gyno in those pics...

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »
Alex looks fantastic from the backside.   8)

Hi Jeff!   :-*
:)

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »
After looking at all the comparisons, I had Dixon winning 5 poses (all from back), most muscular, side tri and bi. I think Peter wins front lat spread (close), abs and thighs.  Front double-bi is a toss-up. 

Not sure what's gonna happen in that close.  All subjective but after looking at the comparisons I think Dixon might be slightly ahead.  Could be completely wrong but the comparisons from the back weren't even close, even with Peter's hams much, much better.  Dixon is just way to thick on those poses and on side bi and tri for Peter. 

Who knows.  That's why it's a bodybuilding contest.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 09:02:47 PM »
After looking at all the comparisons, I had Dixon winning 5 poses (all from back), most muscular, side tri and bi. I think Peter wins front lat spread (close), abs and thighs.  Front double-bi is a toss-up. 

Not sure what's gonna happen in that close.  All subjective but after looking at the comparisons I think Dixon might be slightly ahead.  Could be completely wrong but the comparisons from the back weren't even close, even with Peter's hams much, much better.  Dixon is just way to thick on those poses and on side bi and tri for Peter. 

Who knows.  That's why it's a bodybuilding contest.
yes and good post but stan beat dixon too..and i thought last year dixon housed stan and u see where that went.putnam is very good,dixon has pro mass,,,,

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Yeah, I know I've given Peter a lot of shit on here, but 95% of those posts were when I was not sober.  I honestly to think he's a nice guy just living out a dream. 

If he wins the show, I will not think it was a gift or not deserved.  He is in very, very good shape.  Best I've ever seen him look in pictures.  He's done his job and come in much better than at the USA's.  I think Dixon might just be too thick for him.  It really depends on what the judges value more, condition or mass.  It's not that Dixon is in BAD shape, Peter just has him beat.  He's much leaner and dryer.  Dixon just look so much thicker in several poses, though, that it's going to be tough for Peter to beat him.

It's all in the hands of the judges (as they say).  I think that one is still anyone's to win going into tomorrow.  I would have Dixon ahead right now but either could win.  Like I said, both should get a pro-card.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »
From the callouts Alex wont even be top 3. He's a super nice guy, but his colour is absolutely horrible. He's way too dark and oily, its totally hiding his physique. Also he did look better about 2 weeks out or so.

I like the guy, but tonight just wasnt his night.