Author Topic: At Nationals From Alex A  (Read 20680 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: At Nationals From Alex A
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »
This is turning legendary.   ;D

Yah, talk about weirdness, you can cut the air with a knife with all the beef Between Alex and Isaac...

Alexx should be focused on the show, not posting on a damn message board! :(

Alexx get focused and get the hell off the computer, geez!

ISaac shoots pictures, as a bodybuilder you have to be open to everyones feedback...

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 02:43:25 PM »
Note to self: Quote original post so when one goes back and changes post it's documented. Check.

When you post your photos up on a public forum and talk the talk, you open yourself up to the opinions and critiques of many. You had the respect of Getbig, which is tough to do, don't ruin what you established by trying to defend yourself or belittle opinions that are honest and on point. If I said you looked like balls and everyone else in attendance talked how awesome you looked, clearly I'd be looking like the fool. That's not the case here.

You're starting to sound like a delusional bodybuilder instead of a man and just say, I learned something and will do better next time.

Elevate Your Image.™

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 02:53:06 PM »
Note to self: Quote original post so when one goes back and changes post it's documented. Check.

When you post your photos up on a public forum and talk the talk, you open yourself up to the opinions and critiques of many. You had the respect of Getbig, which is tough to do, don't ruin what you established by trying to defend yourself or belittle opinions that are honest and on point. If I said you looked like balls and everyone else in attendance talked how awesome you looked, clearly I'd be looking like the fool. That's not the case here.

You're starting to sound like a delusional bodybuilder instead of a man and just say, I learned something and will do better next time.

Exactly ,  Alex you look great, and from the pictures, I think you were overlooked ,but now ,its time to move on ,no excuses ,accept criticism , learn from your mistakes ,comeback next year and kick some ass

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »

Naw Isaac, fuck that shit...here's the thing.  Your job as photographer is to take the pics and report and show a little consideration here.  Alex has the respect of Getbig and that's not about to change anytime soon.  Yours is on thin ice right now buddy.  We're a board full of bodybuilders not photographers so we're not gonna sit here and take your taking advantage of your position to force Alex to see things that he may not be ready to.  Goddamn it I can pick up a camera and start taking pictures, too; probably a full half of the people here could.  You need to stand down here and back the fuck off.  You could at least wait until the show is over to push whatever point you're more than a little to anxious to.       

Get off your fucking high horse is what I'm trying to say.     

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »
who selected the tanning person for alex? 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »
Naw Isaac, fuck that shit...here's the thing.  Your job as photographer is to take the pics and report and show a little consideration here.  Alex has the respect of Getbig and that's not about to change anytime soon.  Yours is on thin ice right now buddy.  We're a board full of bodybuilders not photographers so we're not gonna sit here and take your taking advantage of your position to force Alex to see things that he may not be ready to.  Goddamn it I can pick up a camera and start taking pictures, too; probably a full half of the people here could.  You need to stand down here and back the fuck off.       
Dude are you bi-polar? One minute you're on my nuts wanting me to get you in the press pit and the next you're wanting to rumble. This is a board full of all kinds of characters, who have an interest in bodybuilding. WOO!

I never said taking photos was rocket science, hell an untrained monkey could take stage shots.

:-*
Elevate Your Image.™

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »
Naw Isaac, fuck that shit...here's the thing.  Your job as photographer is to take the pics and report and show a little consideration here.  Alex has the respect of Getbig and that's not about to change anytime soon.  Yours is on thin ice right now buddy.  We're a board full of bodybuilders not photographers so we're not gonna sit here and take your taking advantage of your position to force Alex to see things that he may not be ready to.  Goddamn it I can pick up a camera and start taking pictures, too; probably a full half of the people here could.  You need to stand down here and back the fuck off.  You could at least wait until the show is over to push whatever point you're more than a little to anxious to.       

Yeah I dont get the jumping on a guy when hes down,

Alex won a lot of hearts and minds with his attitude here.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »

HAAHAHHAHAMcFarland layin the smack on Isack.... :D

I thought Alex's conditioning was awesome, his color looked f'ed up, but live and learn I guess.

And Isack always comes across like a prick full of ego.........I don't know why, just my 2cents.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
No one is holding a gun to any competitor's head to make them come online and read what people are saying about them. I'm just a photographer remember, WTF does my opinion matter, right? God forbid I communicate the truth about a competitor. I have nothing against the dude, he looked hella freaky before the show and had deep shredded glutes and hamstrings which is impressive. I give him props for that for sure.

ya fuck that Isaac guy he's a dick.
Elevate Your Image.™

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »
I sense someone is smashing his keyboard right now. ;)

AlexA gets alot of respect for the conditioning he displayed in his pics up to the show. And he comes across as a really nice guy and he seemed to appreciate everyones support and comments.

Lift--you come across as an all-knowing prick, never met you, but that is the sense I get from reading your posts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2007, 03:14:49 PM »

ya fuck that Isaac guy he's a dick.

From reading your posts....yeah, that's the impression I'm getting  :-\
just not good enough

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »
ITHACA
music by vangellis words recited by sean connery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n3n2Ox4Yfk

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »
OK that video helped, we've got things cooled down now.  Alex and Isaac are supposed to shake hands now later tonight. 

OK I'm definitely gonna have to have another Nasser Night tonight on the heels of that one, so see, it's not all bad.   ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
That's terrible, as I was looking forward to hearing about your placings.

Anyways, stuff like this always happens in life.. It's just sad to see all the work you put in to get into that condition be wasted. Anyways, you're still a champ in my book and in the minds of many others on this forum, so just keep your head up.  :)

bigslick

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
dont worry alex your a champ in my mind, a mentor and a good friend , i know you have drive to do this again

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2007, 08:22:43 PM »
yesterday is in the past, just focus on tonight Alex, good luck.
Squad, squad, squad,  you just f'n owned yourself with you lack of competition knowlege bro.  In the amateurs, if you don't make the cut at prejuding its DONE.  Top 5 is determined there and there's no changing that unless one of the top 5 guys don't show up for the night show.  U R funny as hell but hadda point that out.  Now go back to picking on savatese or whatever his name is or whoever ur picking on now  ;D.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »
Squad, squad, squad,  you just f'n owned yourself with you lack of competition knowlege bro.  In the amateurs, if you don't make the cut at prejuding its DONE.  Top 5 is determined there and there's no changing that unless one of the top 5 guys don't show up for the night show.  U R funny as hell but hadda point that out.  Now go back to picking on savatese or whatever his name is or whoever ur picking on now  ;D.
never really paid too much attention to the judging and scoring system of the amateurs honestly.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »
Alex do us all a favour and continue to post on this board.

Your journey to nationals pictures were some of the best threads ive seen on getbig in a long long time.

Like you said, u knew your colour was horrible, u had lost some muscle in the last few days, and things just didnt work out. We all saw it and you were man enough to admit it.

I hope that this experience can help you pull out that pro card next year at nationals ! :)

Dont let this get u down. If the show was two weeks ago, you would have been right up there, no doubt in what was maybe the toughest class in the whole show. There were a lot of great lightweight bodybuilders out there.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »

I never said taking photos was rocket science, hell an untrained monkey could take stage shots.

True, but the monkey won't work for as little money as they pay you!
Ron: "I am lazy."

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
In my opinion he looked better last week...he seemed to lose muscle fulness and vascularity....this could be due to stress and bad water depletion.
I felt the same way.  I think anyone who's been around the sport awhile realized he was inshape a little early.  Comparing his 2 wks out pics wih his 1 wk out pics, he wasn't getting any harded just smaller and was looking a bit flatcompared to the wk before.  Once you've peaked you don't get any harder you start losing muscles which makes you look flat.

Don't think Alex need to work with anyone, he has his diet down just has to time it better.  Like he said rookie mistake.  This will help him alot next yr.

Now maybe some of the getbiggers can understand when bbers say they were in the best shape of there life but messed up the last day or few hrs.  You body is so sensetive at that stage you could easily in a matter of hrs and totally undo months of hard work and diet.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2007, 08:41:15 PM »
I felt the same way.  I think anyone who's been around the sport awhile realized he was inshape a little early.  Comparing his 2 wks out pics wih his 1 wk out pics, he wasn't getting any harded just smaller and was looking a bit flatcompared to the wk before.  Once you've peaked you don't get any harder you start losing muscles which makes you look flat.

Don't think Alex need to work with anyone, he has his diet down just has to time it better.  Like he said rookie mistake.  This will help him alot next yr.

Now maybe some of the getbiggers can understand when bbers say they were in the best shape of there life but messed up the last day or few hrs.  You body is so sensetive at that stage you could easily in a matter of hrs and totally undo months of hard work and diet.
then trying to eat back up only complicates matters,you can't recapture that "look"that make people go wtf....

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
Alex do us all a favour and continue to post on this board.

Your journey to nationals pictures were some of the best threads ive seen on getbig in a long long time.

Like you said, u knew your colour was horrible, u had lost some muscle in the last few days, and things just didnt work out. We all saw it and you were man enough to admit it.

I hope that this experience can help you pull out that pro card next year at nationals ! :)

Dont let this get u down. If the show was two weeks ago, you would have been right up there, no doubt in what was maybe the toughest class in the whole show. There were a lot of great lightweight bodybuilders out there.
couldn't agree more.  I was very inspired looking at the pics.  You'll be awesome onstage next yr Alex, i can imagine how you feel but don't let this get you down.  Eat some junk, not too much as long as you were dieting one word REBOUND be careful.  

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:36 PM »
then trying to eat back up only complicates matters,you can't recapture that "look"that make people go wtf....
Nothing worst than that feeling, when you diet you ass off and you look and realized you're about to go onstage but your peak left you a few days ago

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2007, 08:46:01 PM »
never really paid too much attention to the judging and scoring system of the amateurs honestly.
K, U R forgiven  ;D.  Pros yes amateurs no.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
Ahhh it's all good Alex, all of us here know what you looked like a week or 2 out mate, shit i even saved your pics (setting myself up for "your gay" insults here ;D) which i don't do very often unless i see something that really inspires me. You still did fantastic mate. You will learn from it and come back stronger next time, no doubt 8).