Author Topic: NBA Coach concerned player is gaining too much muscle...  (Read 1800 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
NBA Coach concerned player is gaining too much muscle...
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:31:39 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-trailblazers-oden&prov=ap&type=lgns

I would think he should be happy that his player is making the most of a bad situation and trying to better himself.  Imagine Oden at 300 lbs of muscle pushing people around next year.  30 lbs in just a few months is pretty impressive too.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Re: NBA Coach concerned player is gaining too much muscle...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:49:25 AM »
Ever notice it is always "all muscle"; that's code for this kid is eating like its going out of style.  He's hurt and can't do cardio so he's taken up residence at the local KFC --> Getting Tubby

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »
It's basketball, he should be concerned
Air Falcon

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
As long as he doesn't get bigger than big ben he'll be ok...don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, though

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »
Greg Oden actually has a lot of room to gain muscle he just has to do it properly... similar to how Dwight Howard has improved his physique over the last 4 years

his knee injury is going to be a major problem though, rehabbing it over the next 6-9 months should be his main priority
Air Falcon

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »
he's prob responding well to weight, getting all the steak and potatoes he can eat thanks to all the $. 

Shaq was way better at 270 than at 310.  Oden should stay light.  Muscle up, sure.  But my guess is that he's just doing bench, arms, and pulldowns 4 days a week.  Monster imbalances.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »
i would love to see a pic of him now and see how 'big' he looks..laff

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »
As long as he doesn't get bigger than big ben he'll be ok...don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, though

Ben is has a good physique but Dwight Howard has the freakiest physique out there for me, check this out, 7 feet tall and can kiss the rim before his dunk.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »
he's prob responding well to weight, getting all the steak and potatoes he can eat thanks to all the $. 

Shaq was way better at 270 than at 310.  Oden should stay light.  Muscle up, sure.  But my guess is that he's just doing bench, arms, and pulldowns 4 days a week.  Monster imbalances.

Shaq came out of high school at 270....from his soph year at LSU and beyond he's hovered over 300 lbs, and until the past couple years it never really hindered his mobility.  Now that he's in his mid thirties he's going to have to lose at least 25 lbs in my opinion to be successful.  It's just going to take pressure off of his knees, and other joints.  If he decided to work at it, he could still be a top 10 scorer in the league, I just think a lot of the claims recently have been more true than what he is letting out.  He just isnt in to it as much anymore, and it's showing.
Air Falcon

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »
Shaq came out of high school at 270....from his soph year at LSU and beyond he's hovered over 300 lbs, and until the past couple years it never really hindered his mobility.  Now that he's in his mid thirties he's going to have to lose at least 25 lbs in my opinion to be successful.  It's just going to take pressure off of his knees, and other joints.  If he decided to work at it, he could still be a top 10 scorer in the league, I just think a lot of the claims recently have been more true than what he is letting out.  He just isnt in to it as much anymore, and it's showing.

Agreed, playing at 330-340 is a joke at his age, get back to 300 like his magic days.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »
Ben is has a good physique but Dwight Howard has the freakiest physique out there for me, check this out, 7 feet tall and can kiss the rim before his dunk.

Perfect example of someone that has improved his physique and put on quality strength and muscle over time.  Dwight Howard is an absolute freak, and in 2-3 years he will be absolutely untouchable.  He's finally becoming more of a threat downlow, and when he finally develops that jump hook look out...Orlando could be winning a few championships
Air Falcon

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Perfect example of someone that has improved his physique and put on quality strength and muscle over time.  Dwight Howard is an absolute freak, and in 2-3 years he will be absolutely untouchable.  He's finally becoming more of a threat downlow, and when he finally develops that jump hook look out...Orlando could be winning a few championships

He's also learnt to shoot from midrange this offseason, he also got robbed in that dunk contest.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
He's also learnt to shoot from midrange this offseason, he also got robbed in that dunk contest.

hahaha, yeah that autographed sticker thing was brilliant

Air Falcon

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 12:35:07 PM »
It really cracks me up how ignorant some people are.  The guy added 30 lbs to a 7'+ frame.  His joints can handle it easily, including his surgically repaired knee.  Now, if he would actually train his legs he could even strengthen the joint by strengthening the surrounding musculature.  Gee, what a concept...
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »

yeah dwight howard is a freak, 7 feet tall, super wide clavicles and big fucking delts. you couldnt genetically engineer a more ideal athlete

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

shaq was his most dominant in his Laker days when he was around 330lbs. shaq's game was based on pure size, no skill whatsoever. the bigger he was the bigger the numbers he put up