Author Topic: An idea after seeing the weigh in pics for the NPC  (Read 1623 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
An idea after seeing the weigh in pics for the NPC
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »
Ok here is the idea to filter out some of this CRAP we have to see every state show or higher....

For any National Qualifier:

At the weigh in the competitor has BF% checked via a 7 pinch method with calipers IF it is not UNDER 8% they should not be allowed to compete.  National Shows could take it a step further and maybe go 6% or lower, but this crap has got to stop.....

Monster81

• Getbig IV
Re: An idea after seeing the weigh in pics for the NPC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 12:12:35 PM »
IFBB,,please consider this idea

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »
IFBB,,please consider this idea

I am seriously considering email Manion with this idea.....There would be over 2 Dozen competitors that would not compete at the Nats EVERY year. It would speed up shows and sell more tickets if the public KNEW they guys would be in shape.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »
first this is the NPC, not the IFBB

second, if they don't let them step on the stage, they don't get the registration fee. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »
I am seriously considering email Manion with this idea.....There would be over 2 Dozen competitors that would not compete at the Nats EVERY year. It would speed up shows and sell more tickets if the public KNEW they guys would be in shape.
are you suggesting that Cutler or Victor wouldn't be allowed to compete then, Jason?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 12:17:23 PM »
Ok here is the idea to filter out some of this CRAP we have to see every state show or higher....

For any National Qualifier:

At the weigh in the competitor has BF% checked via a 7 pinch method with calipers IF it is not UNDER 8% they should not be allowed to compete.  National Shows could take it a step further and maybe go 6% or lower, but this crap has got to stop.....
Caliper isn't accurate. I have seen fattys coming out of the university body fat testing room claiming they are 8% when they are at about 20%.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »
are you suggesting that Cutler or Victor wouldn't be allowed to compete then, Jason?

BWhahahahahahahah!!
first this is the NPC, not the IFBB

second, if they don't let them step on the stage, they don't get the registration fee. 

Dude they would sell more tickets and could RAISE prices on tickets if the Physiques were good not shit.....

Caliper isn't accurate. I have seen fattys coming out of the university body fat testing room claiming they are 8% when they are at about 20%.

Thats why you PAY someone that KNOWS what they are doing to Check it Leafy.  Not some " I am trainer even though I got my certification on the internet after I paid 200 bucks"  CLOWN....

The simple thing something has got to be done about the horrendous clowns that think they can walk onstage and make fools of themselves just because they want a Reg. FEE...good lord....

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 12:30:30 PM »

BWhahahahahahahah!!

Dude they would sell more tickets and could RAISE prices on tickets if the Physiques were good not shit.....

Thats why you PAY someone that KNOWS what they are doing to Check it Leafy.  Not some " I am trainer even though I got my certification on the internet after I paid 200 bucks"  CLOWN....

The simple thing something has got to be done about the horrendous clowns that think they can walk onstage and make fools of themselves just because they want a Reg. FEE...good lord....
I agree but you have to remember Flex Wheeler calipered in at 0% bf ;). The only people that would be suitable for the job would be someone like me or adonis hahahahahha. Alot of peopel are delusional about bf

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 12:36:33 PM »
I agree but you have to remember Flex Wheeler calipered in at 0% bf ;). The only people that would be suitable for the job would be someone like me or adonis hahahahahha. Alot of peopel are delusional about bf

A 9-site is pretty damn accurate assuming people know where the fuck to pinch.  I don't know how people screw it up so bad, ACSM guidelines aren't rocket science.

And BTW, it was 0.000000%.  If only I could remember who took the measurements...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
In case you haven't noticed there isn't much money in bodybuilding, therefore promoting a show is risky business. If a guy came in with 20 percent bodyfat and brings 3 to 4 othere people with him that spend money on tickets the promotor would rather have him there. Simple math more competitors more money; they don't want to get rid of any competitors because more then 40% of ticket buyers are related to the competitors in shape or not.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »
In case you haven't noticed there isn't much money in bodybuilding, therefore promoting a show is risky business. If a guy came in with 20 percent bodyfat and brings 3 to 4 othere people with him that spend money on tickets the promotor would rather have him there. Simple math more competitors more money; they don't want to get rid of any competitors because more then 40% of ticket buyers are related to the competitors in shape or not.

In case you have not noticed... I know about there not being money but there is a solution for EVERY problem in EVERY business.  OK since you analyze it so stupid how about this:

Penalize them 100 extra bucks at the weigh in IF they measure over 8%, there you go problem solved.  If that happened guy would get in shape just to not have to pay 100 extra bucks, and if they did not care then the NPC gets rich    ;D

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »
how would you even show your face on national stage anywhere with 12-15%  is beyond my understanding,,you can be as big as a tank but coming in the double digit ? this is not bodybuilding then its powerlifting or fat building,,the all idea behind bodybuilding is to come as big as YOU CAN but at low bodyfat%
fallen angel

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 01:06:12 PM »
In case you have not noticed... I know about there not being money but there is a solution for EVERY problem in EVERY business.  OK since you analyze it so stupid how about this:

Penalize them 100 extra bucks at the weigh in IF they measure over 8%, there you go problem solved.  If that happened guy would get in shape just to not have to pay 100 extra bucks, and if they did not care then the NPC gets rich    ;D
Hay my analyzing is a fact not an opinion and I'm with you that its a disgrace to come out of shape and I hate going to a bodybuilding show to see out of a shape delusionals, but there is always a few good guys even at local shows and penalyzing them in some way as you mentioned is a good idea.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:30 PM »
Hay my analyzing is a fact not an opinion and I'm with you that its a disgrace to come out of shape and I hate going to a bodybuilding show to see out of a shape delusionals, but there is always a few good guys even at local shows and penalyzing them in some way as you mentioned is a good idea.

Oh yeah and for the IFBB if they show up at over 6% they get penalized 1000 bucks at the weigh in   ;)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »
they don't want to get rid of any competitors because more then 40% of ticket buyers are related to the competitors in shape or not.

40% ?   at most amateur shows I've attended it's more like 85% of the audience is related to the people on stage.   Then they leave as their family member finishes.  by the end of the show when they announce the overall winner, there is only a handful of people left in the audience.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
40% ?   at most amateur shows I've attended it's more like 85% of the audience is related to the people on stage.   Then they leave as their family member finishes.  by the end of the show when they announce the overall winner, there is only a handful of people left in the audience.

Spot on with that assesment.  By the time the Open Winners come on stage to posedown usually 90% of the audience is gone....

At the last show I did when they brought us ( the open winners) out for the Overall there was about 100 people left   ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 01:34:20 PM »
Well then my point is even stronger. I knew it was higher then 40 I was just being little cautious, but you are right

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »
how would you even show your face on national stage anywhere with 12-15%  is beyond my understanding,,you can be as big as a tank but coming in the double digit ? this is not bodybuilding then its powerlifting or fat building,,the all idea behind bodybuilding is to come as big as YOU CAN but at low bodyfat%
Please answere this, what do you think cutler was?....4..5...6...7...,
no striations no veins

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »
Please answere this, what do you think cutler was?....4..5...6...7...,
no striations no veins

Honesly a buddy of mine and I were talking about this at the gym monday.  I would say around 6.5%  I think he is just jinxed with that thick skin and cannot get vascular.