Author Topic: Muscular Development writer uses term "porch monkey"  (Read 1341 times)

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Muscular Development writer uses term "porch monkey"
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:27:15 PM »
On a post located at
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=181510.msg2542069#msg2542069
(saved as well),

a writer named William Meginley of Lindenhurst, NY, who posts and writes under the name "Billy Guns" used the term "porch monkey" to demean an African-American person.

As an African-American, I find the term very offensive.  I believe that MD should not employ writers who use words like this.  Many of their bodybuilders featured are black, and many of their readers are black (myself included!) 

To Steve Blechman and others at MD, I implore you to condemn this behavior by one of your writers.  It's an embarassment to a magazine as great as yours, when your writers help to perpetuate these racist, hate-filled statements on the forums.  Thank you.

I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Muscular Development writer uses term "porch monkey"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
I think that's a gimmick account actually.
E

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
that's what you get when you snare a bunch of wannabe free lancers.....crap!

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:26:33 PM »
On a post located at
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=181510.msg2542069#msg2542069
(saved as well),

a writer named William Meginley of Lindenhurst, NY, who posts and writes under the name "Billy Guns" used the term "porch monkey" to demean an African-American person.

As an African-American, I find the term very offensive.  I believe that MD should not employ writers who use words like this.  Many of their bodybuilders featured are black, and many of their readers are black (myself included!) 

To Steve Blechman and others at MD, I implore you to condemn this behavior by one of your writers.  It's an embarassment to a magazine as great as yours, when your writers help to perpetuate these racist, hate-filled statements on the forums.  Thank you.

Billy guns is stupid and that quote he has there is about fat people. Hes so stupid he probably thinks 'porch monkey' refers to those fat asses who cant even get off their porch, they just sit there and get fat..like a couch potato.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »
Billy guns is stupid and that quote he has there is about fat people. Hes so stupid he probably thinks 'porch monkey' refers to those fat asses who cant even get off their porch, they just sit there and get fat..like a couch potato.

At least be fair to the guy. MD sucks and Billy Guns is a tool. But that guy is not Billy Guns. It's a gimmick account.
E

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »
Porch monkey is the slur of choice at MD.  DA referred to Goodrum as a PM a few months back and than accused Vince of playing  "the race card."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »
Porch monkey is the slur of choice at MD.  DA referred to Goodrum as a PM a few months back and than accused Vince of playing  "the race card."

But Vince actually is a porch monkey.  Down in Bumfucck, SC where he lives, they all hang out on their porches all damn day.
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
it's used all the time, grow up

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »
But Vince actually is a porch monkey.  Down in Bumfucck, SC where he lives, they all hang out on their porches all damn day.

Hanging out on the porch=You're insinuating they have homes

No way.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 09:24:53 PM »
Hanging out on the porch=You're insinuating they have homes

No way.

Well, they're more "shacks" than "homes", but they do have porches of sorts.
Ron: "I am lazy."