Author Topic: best brand of bcaa's and leucine?  (Read 6547 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
best brand of bcaa's and leucine?
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:26:22 AM »
pretty much on this board everyone has the concensus that bcaa's are in the top 5 of supplements one should be taking every day. so which brand is the best bcaa's? does it really matter which company? also when i mentioned which best bcaa's i'm also talking about most potent or strongest.

also the amino leucine seems to best the best choice for an individual amino supplement, so any thoughts on which leucine brand to take as well?

thanks for your comments in advance!

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
Re: best brand of bcaa's and leucine?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:50:42 AM »
ajinomoto

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
I usually buy a couple pounds from trueprotein.com every couple months (& I add a teaspoon or two to my water bottle at the gym).

DylanPG

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »
Leucine is a BCAA, so you're already getting it if you supplement with BCAA's.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »
i hear you dylan i know leucine is a bcaa, but i thought not only should you take bcaa's with of course leucine as one of them, but leucine by itself in great amounts after a workout and before bed ( with my zma)? thanks.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 09:14:33 AM »
In a flavored mix, Xtend is by far the best taste wise.  You'll pay a little bit for that.  If you don't need flavoring and want a name brand, primaforce makes a bulk version, 500g.  Outside of that, BulkNutrition.com sells a 1000g for around 38 bucks.  Might not taste to good, but is a great value.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:04:48 AM »
XTend.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »
Xtend would get my vote as well, Watermellon or Apple gets my vote for flavor.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »
In a flavored mix, Xtend is by far the best taste wise.  You'll pay a little bit for that.  If you don't need flavoring and want a name brand, primaforce makes a bulk version, 500g.  Outside of that, BulkNutrition.com sells a 1000g for around 38 bucks.  Might not taste to good, but is a great value.

Didn't you sell bulk nutrition.com and now work as the president of the company that makes Xtend? Scivation/Primaforce? I guess that makes it kind of win win for you all the way around huh?

That being said, yeah, Xtend is the best by far  ;D  - lemonade flavor never gets old

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
Optimum Nutrition...paid $24 for 400 caps.  1 gram per 2 caps.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 07:07:38 AM »
I sold BulkNutrition.com, along with the other sites.  Scivation and Primaforce are separate companies.  I'm the CEO of primaforce and do consulting work with Scivation, along with other companies.  Scivation just made an Apple Xtend which taste amazing.  I use Xtend with primal eaa.  I used to mix watermelon xtend with primal EAA, a "unique" combo of flavors.  With apple xtend, it literally covers all the bitterness in the Eaa's.  I love this mix and for reduced calorie dieting and high training volume, it's the shit.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:17 PM »
I sold BulkNutrition.com, along with the other sites.  Scivation and Primaforce are separate companies.  I'm the CEO of primaforce and do consulting work with Scivation, along with other companies.  Scivation just made an Apple Xtend which taste amazing.  I use Xtend with primal eaa.  I used to mix watermelon xtend with primal EAA, a "unique" combo of flavors.  With apple xtend, it literally covers all the bitterness in the Eaa's.  I love this mix and for reduced calorie dieting and high training volume, it's the shit.

so are bulknutrition and discount anabolics owned by the same company now???

how are the bulk nutition  BULK products???

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 11:44:58 PM »
You're right, most everyone here would put them in the top 5 of best supplements...not me though.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »
ajinomoto

Good call.  If I remember correctly, this is where 90% of the guys get their BCAAs  wholesale.

Jason

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »

agreed...I'll have to try the new apple flavor
Air Falcon

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »

Watermelon sounds yummy!!!
I use Optimum's BCAA  5000 powder and mix it with Crystal Light Pink Lemonade. Its instantized so it mixes very easily. It has 2.5g of Leucine and 1.25 g of valine.
O

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »
yea im going with the optimum and crystal light also....before during and after workouts..

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
Save money, buy primaforce's bcaa's.  They're cheaper if all you want is BCAA's. Optimum's 330g goes for 20 bucks and the 500g version in primaforce is 25.00.  Get 50% more BCAA's for 25% more cost. :)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
hey man thanks for the heads up is the ratio the same?  because of the ones ive looked at optimum has the highest ratio but ill look into that again...

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Almost all BCAA's are 2:1:1 ratio.

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »
I use Poliquins BCAA , and create mix of bcaa and leucine on trueprotein 65/35  so I get 4:1:1

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 01:13:08 AM »
im pretty sure optimum is 2.75 to 1.25 to 1.25....so its a litttle more then just 2-1-1

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 05:57:49 AM »
pretty much on this board everyone has the concensus that bcaa's are in the top 5 of supplements one should be taking every day. so which brand is the best bcaa's? does it really matter which company? also when i mentioned which best bcaa's i'm also talking about most potent or strongest.

also the amino leucine seems to best the best choice for an individual amino supplement, so any thoughts on which leucine brand to take as well?

thanks for your comments in advance!

Optimum

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 05:59:44 AM »
honestly though after i finish my thing of optimum i think i might look into the trueprotein mixes...from what marconi said and what i looked at you can get a much higher ratios for the same price if not less..

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »
AST makes a pretty good brand of BCAA's, serving size is 6, and there are like 83 servings, pretty cheap also, i think i paid 20-23 dollars