Author Topic: LIFT4SIZE! LET'S HEAR THE NEWS MAN!  (Read 3002 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
LIFT4SIZE! LET'S HEAR THE NEWS MAN!
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:51:32 AM »
how did nationals go bro?!! did you put on a good show for the kiddies?! :D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: LIFT4SIZE! LET'S HEAR THE NEWS MAN!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:41:47 PM »
HAHAHAHA! You KNOW I was coming to give a report!

Heres the breakdown....I didnt do as well as I would like (who ever does?).....but I didnt completely bomb either. ;D

Lets just go by events, but let me first say that every event was a PR for me!

Stones were lastbut I'll mention them first. I was in the second heat on the stones and learned some new things. I would have gotten at least 3 stones (280, 320, 340)but on the third, I grabbed it and my tacky instantly got covered in dirt! It was useless. I DID manage to lap it and start coming up (eventually) but then the wistle blew. I said "fucck it" and let it go. My biceps are killing me! I've never even played with a 340 stone but if I had tacky, it was going up! Its a PR being as I have never lapped and lifted a stone above 320 before.

Kettle Bell. Never trained with a heavy kettle bell and this was a LOT different. It was not rough like iron but more of a polished cannon ball. I repeatedly brought the 106lb bell to my shoulder (11-12 times) and only ended up with 5 counted reps. I couldnt help my other hand coming in to stabilize it, DAMNIT! Heres the good thing though, I bought it for half off! I put that bastard in my back pack and carried it though two airports to get it home because I refuse to let it beat me! Its a PR for me nonetheless.

Farmers Walk. I never imagined I could even pick up 310lbs in each hand much less run with it!?!? I lifted a little, felt heavy, said "this is mine" and RAN for 30ft until it just ripped out of my hands. These farmers had polished metal handles too! No knurling, no tape, polished steel. A PR for me at 310/hand for 30 feet!!!!

On the Yoke, well you know the story. I have never gotten anywhere near 825lbs but I tried it anyway! I got about 5 feet and it crushed me, hahahaha! I also had the bar set too high so the aparatus was only 1.5 inches off the ground when it should have been 4-5". It scraped and that was my first "down." PR for me though. ;D

The Tire Flip was insane! A lot of people couldnt flip it once! I got 3 and then locked up under it. It was somewhere over 800lbs and brand new. Also a PR for me!

So, it sounds like I did badly to some but it was a blast and I will never forget it! I competed with myself and WON! I even managed to beat a bunch of other people in the process. Let me tell you, I was the ONLY ONE there that had only done 2 shows prior. The other guys laughed when I told them how many I did. I held my own though! I didnt give up! And luckily I didnt get injured. I thought I was going to puke at this thing for sure but at sea level my cardio was amazing. I cant imagine what my training would be like if I could get through a set without feeling nausea after every one of them?

I met a few pros too! John Anderson, Nick Best, Mark Phillipi, and Van Hatfield! Callie Marunde was there as well. Nick Best is the nicest guy you will meet, he talked with me for about 20 minutes just shootin the shit. Phillipi was short spoken but a good guy. John Anderson looks like more of a BBer as he is roided to shit! Van was just about business there though. Some lightweight pros came too, big deal.

Like I said, I wanted to do better but such is the mindset of a competitor. If you did as well as you wanted to, you didnt aim high enough! Next year I will demolish the field and show what I can do in less than 2 years time.

Time to plan my next few shows, they wont feel the same from here on out...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:24:26 PM »
haha that's wha ti'm talking about big daddy! I told you..just go out tehre and tear some shit up!! Look at all those pr's! How'd that tire feel? And you coudln't tacky up your hands for the farmers or anything?  Do we get pics or what?! ;D

hahaha i bet you caused some shit with that kettle bell in your pack at the airports..i work in one..we see all kinds of shit! Do you recommend people getting one? I'd love to have on myself but FUCK they're expensive!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »
Thanks bro!

That tire was slick and you could only chalk up.

No tacky on farmers, just chalk.

Will get pick and vids as soon as I get a chance! Just came right back into work. :P

Those guards at the airport were like "You know what that is dont you!?" When it went through xray. The guy tried to take it off the rollers and about wrecked his ass, haha! He just looked at it in the bag and asked what I do with it. I said "I press it overhead with one hand." To which I recieved a huge, "DAMN!"

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:45:53 AM »
Congrats Lift, sounds like it was a good meet for you.   8)

Sounds like fun too!

:)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:38:56 PM »
holy shit man good job, 310 pound farmers, holy shit. :o i almost tore my arms off doing 225 a few years ago.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »
Congrats!

That was a personal Victory!

Good luck!

8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 09:19:31 AM »
Thanks everyone! It was a lot of fun and the next ones will be even better.

I think a lot of what I am lacking is just experience so I will be looking to do a comp every 4-8 weeks in the new year. It also depends on how many are going on and if i can make it to them, but thats the plan.