Author Topic: generally speaking, which brands/companies are the best?  (Read 3012 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: generally speaking, which brands/companies are the best?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »
guys i went to wal mart last nite, and got some cheap supplements. you get what you pay for,lol.

Best protein to date i have ever used, is Beverly. I don't know what it is, but Beverly really does give you satiety, and a feeling like your muscles are getting something.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »
Ok, you asked.

A lot of people think bcaa's are overpriced and all you have to do is increase their intake of whey.  Which I DO NOT DENY, is rich in BCAA's.  BUT, bcaa's in whey are peptide bound to other amino's and must be broken up via digestions and then absorbed into the bloodstream. Whey is fast digesting, but it still takes hours for all the amino acids to be pushed into the bloodstream.   

BCAA in supplement form are free form.  They don't require digestion and are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.  This will spike the amino acid levels to a greater extent than peptide bound amino acids.  If you actually did research on this topic before speaking you would know that a few GRAMS of free form BCAA's will spike plasma levels of bcaa's to a greater extend than a 30g dose of whey protein.  The reason a supplement has such a powerful effect on blood levels of BCAAs is that unlike other amino acids, BCAAs are not metabolized to a significant extent by the small intestine or the liver, therefore an oral supplement is more like a BCAA injection since it reaches the bloodstream so rapidly.   

Unlike some on these boards, I was attempting to HELP people GET RESULTS  and SAVE MONEY, by answering their questions TRUTHFULLY.

You answered truthfully, you just weren't educated enough on the topic to speak to it.  That's why I said IGNORANCE instead of STUPIDITY.  I don't believe you are stupid or have bad intentions.  You just aren't educated in the difference of bcaa's.  A lot of pseduo scientist in this industry that try to fool customers.  Now you're better informed.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
Ok, you asked.

A lot of people think bcaa's are overpriced and all you have to do is increase their intake of whey.  Which I DO NOT DENY, is rich in BCAA's.  BUT, bcaa's in whey are peptide bound to other amino's and must be broken up via digestions and then absorbed into the bloodstream. Whey is fast digesting, but it still takes hours for all the amino acids to be pushed into the bloodstream.   

BCAA in supplement form are free form.  They don't require digestion and are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.  This will spike the amino acid levels to a greater extent than peptide bound amino acids.  If you actually did research on this topic before speaking you would know that a few GRAMS of free form BCAA's will spike plasma levels of bcaa's to a greater extend than a 30g dose of whey protein.  The reason a supplement has such a powerful effect on blood levels of BCAAs is that unlike other amino acids, BCAAs are not metabolized to a significant extent by the small intestine or the liver, therefore an oral supplement is more like a BCAA injection since it reaches the bloodstream so rapidly.   

You answered truthfully, you just weren't educated enough on the topic to speak to it.  That's why I said IGNORANCE instead of STUPIDITY.  I don't believe you are stupid or have bad intentions.  You just aren't educated in the difference of bcaa's.  A lot of pseduo scientist in this industry that try to fool customers.  Now you're better informed.

I am very educated in the differences in BCAA's and aminos. Free Form BCAA's are in fact faster absobing than peptide bonded BCAA's, true. However it does not take "hours" for plasma amino levels to rise after whey protein intake. In fact, studies have shown that after a single whey protein meal plasma amino levels rise rapidly at 20 minutes and remain elevated from 180-200 minutes. So the fact still remains that whey protein intake of BCAA's immediately before & after your workout is sufficient.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »
In fact, studies have shown that after a single whey protein meal plasma amino levels rise rapidly at 20 minutes and remain elevated from 180-200 minutes. So the fact still remains that whey protein intake of BCAA's immediately before & after your workout is sufficient.

Sufficient, possibly, ideal, no.  Supplementing with BCAA's is far superior, studies show that.  CERTAIN amino levels rise, but obviously during workout CERTAIN amino's are needed in greater amounts than others.  We can go in circles on this.  I'll stick to the studies that deal with working out and supplement bcaa's vs a random study showing an increase in amino levels.  Apples and oranges. 

I do have another question, if your companies sells only the best materials, where are the 3rd party lab tests showing this?  I didn't see them on your site anywhere.  I assume you send your materials to be tested if you make such a claim?

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
Sufficient, possibly, ideal, no.  Supplementing with BCAA's is far superior, studies show that.  CERTAIN amino levels rise, but obviously during workout CERTAIN amino's are needed in greater amounts than others.  We can go in circles on this.  I'll stick to the studies that deal with working out and supplement bcaa's vs a random study showing an increase in amino levels.  Apples and oranges. 

I do have another question, if your companies sells only the best materials, where are the 3rd party lab tests showing this?  I didn't see them on your site anywhere.  I assume you send your materials to be tested if you make such a claim?

I'm very familiar with "certain" aminos rising and others not, and what aminos are needed during workouts. The studies I quoted deal DIRECTLY with pre and post workout protein supplementation. I have one on my desk right now form ISSN "3(1):7-27,2006"

I don't post them there. Most of my products contain proprietary formulas so I choose not to post them. However, I do supply my distributors with the 3rd party lab results (Limited only to non-proprietary ingredients).

If you are questioning my credibility, ask Lobliner about me.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm just responding to your statement calling me ignorant. Peace.

catch8

• Getbig II
  • Lay em down and smack em yack em
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »
Why's that???

What protein source is the highest in BCAA's????

Our whey protein contains over 5 grams of BCAA's per scoop (20 grmas of protein), so if you're taking 40 grams of protein which includes 10 grams of BCAA's before and after your workout, are you saying that people have to take more than that??? Hmmmm.......
From my information there is limited research comparing peptide bound forms vs free form BCAA, however we do know that nearly all bcaa do get absorbed regardless of source because BCAAs are not metabolized by the gut or liver.  However, free form impacts the plasma to a much greater extent than peptide bound forms. Therefore I feel it that free form will support WO Nutrition better that those from whey/protein foods. Plus the other thing is I like to have BCAAs DURING the workout especially on low cal cutting diet and focus cals from meals pre and post not rely on cals from whey DURING the WO. Its just my take but this has worked well for me and my clients. If free form can increase plasma aminos more effeciently that peptide form it may lead to less catabolism during the workout ESPECIALLY in low cal cutting phase. As far as dosing, I like to recommend 0.17g/kg lbm DURING the training so 1/4 of the aminos consumed pre, 1/2 consumed during with additional water and then 1/4 following. Then get to your next meal 30-45 mins after training.