Author Topic: How will these new pros do?  (Read 8147 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
How will these new pros do?
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
WelterWeight - Carlo Filippone

LightWeight - Leonardo Ortiz

BantamWeight - David Candy

Pictures courtesy of www.bodybuilding.com (affiliate link embedded  ;D).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: How will these new pros do?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »
What happened to Alex A ?
L

Matt C

• Getbig V
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
It all depends whether promoters have under 200lb classes at the major shows, which I doubt will happen.  In a lineup without weight classes, they stand no chance at doing anything at all.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 10:43:41 AM »
It all depends whether promoters have under 200lb classes at the major shows, which I doubt will happen.  In a lineup without weight classes, they stand no chance at doing anything at all.

That's what I was thinking...

These guys are between 5'2-5'5.  But is it not true that David Henry (despite his claims) is actually only 5'3?  Being top 10 in the world is pretty damn good, especially with what you would think would be a limitation.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »

These guys are between 5'2-5'5.  But is it not true that David Henry (despite his claims) is actually only 5'3?  Being top 10 in the world is pretty damn good, especially with what you would think would be a limitation.

David Henry and Lee priest are rare examples of short men doing very well, and henry was a middleweight when he turned pro.  Name one guy who earned his procard in the bantams/lights/welters that has ever accomplished anything as a pro.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
David Henry and Lee priest are rare examples of short men doing very well, and henry was a middleweight when he turned pro.  Name one guy who earned his procard in the bantams/lights/welters that has ever accomplished anything as a pro.

After reviewing musclememory's files I would tend to agree.  So is it the end of the road for the bodybuilders listed above?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 10:58:38 AM »
Is it just me or does Leonardo look completely naked in this pose?  It almost appears as if he is hiding under that pose...

If you look closely, his face resembles that of a man who might have been caught having an extra-marital affair and who, after being caught by the "other" man, is slowly trying to leave the bedside to jump out the window, while pleading to not get hit..

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:03:23 AM »
Is it just me or does Leonardo look completely naked in this pose?  It almost appears as if he is hiding under that pose...

If you look closely, his face resembles that of a man who might have been caught having an extra-marital affair and who, after being caught by the "other" man, is slowly trying to leave the bedside to jump out the window, while pleading to not get hit..

LOL!!  I was thinking the same thing, exact details of that story aside.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
Pros in which "speciality"?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

Dave Henry is wayyyyyyyyy taller than your average 7 year old!

HAHA, RON.....

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »
Pros in which "speciality"?

Having sex with grapefruit.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 12:55:42 PM »
Flavio baccanini competed regularaly in the pros and competed in the Mr O a couple of times I think.  He was tiny, approxiamately 160 pounds, 4 feet 11 inches, and was a crowd favorite most of the time, Flavio is a former Mr. Italy, and finished second in the Master Olympia in 1999.
V

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 01:05:26 PM »
Flavio baccanini competed regularaly in the pros and competed in the Mr O a couple of times I think.  He was tiny, approxiamately 160 pounds, 4 feet 11 inches, and was a crowd favorite most of the time, Flavio is a former Mr. Italy, and finished second in the Master Olympia in 1999.

Solid lineup in 1999!  It was Sonny Schmidt's last contest at age 46 no less!  He came in at 5'10 and 240 pounds.  More proof that age is just a number (at least with the right supplements).

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?c=Olympia+-+Masters+-+IFBB&y=1999

I look forward to reviewing both the 1999 Masters and 1994 Ironman when GMV converts them to DVD.  The 1994 IM was Bertil Fox's last contest at age 43.  A lot of those old timers stuck around for quite some time!

As far as Flavio was concerned, he was a pretty consistent competitor to place and that is especially impressive for being under 5'0 and 160 pounds.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:33 PM »
Dexter turned pro as a welterweight as well.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »

Dexter turned pro as a light heavyweight homie !  ;D

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »

monster wheels  :o

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 02:22:34 PM »

Dexter was indeed a light heavy.  I think it was the 98 or 99 north americans.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »
Dexter was indeed a light heavy.  I think it was the 98 or 99 north americans.
yes but worked way up from batam in early nineties,henry is great example of a mid class winner filling out and competing successfully.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
wont make a dent without at least 15p of muscle on each. carlo's left quad looks like shit.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »
wont make a dent without at least 15p of muscle on each. carlo's left quad looks like shit.

It's nice to have Lee Priest and David Henry around to prove that bodybuilders who are 5'5 and under can still be top 10 or even top six in the world and slay much bigger beasts.  Think about how huge and freaky Toney Freeman is, and Dave still managed to beat him at this year's Olympia, as well as Quincy Taylor.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 04:25:36 PM »
i cant believe these guys are now pro's.. you have guys out there that have been working at it for years and years that look 5 times better than these guys... i guarantee we will never hear from any of these guys again
there's no magic pills... just needles

Quagmire

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 04:39:40 PM »
A bodybuilder at a buck 45 is pathetic...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
A bodybuilder at a buck 45 is pathetic...
Criticism of people of superior development who have acieved what they never could is SAD
V

Quagmire

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 04:56:53 PM »
Criticism of people of superior development who have acieved what they never could is SAD

Whatever, i just don't get what special about a 145lb bodybuilder that isnt even super shredded. I'm not saying weight is all that matters but their conditioning in these pics doesn't look special to me. And i'm not old and bitter.