Author Topic: Soy is EVIL and will make you GAY  (Read 3504 times)

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
Re: Soy is EVIL and will make you GAY
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
if you arent supposed to eat beef or lots of fish, wtf are you supposed to eat?  please dont say chicken only

Things like wild salmon should be okay in moderation. The prob. is the farmed fisheries inject them with chemicals to keep them presentable for the consumer. Fish kept in captivity do not have the same value of nutrients and even start to lose their color.

Bodybuilders will disagree, but really chicken isn't that great for you either. It's better than some cuts of beef sure, but it's not as good as a diet centered around fruits and vegetables with little animal products. The healthiest and longest lived peoples in the world live off of diets centered around whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Studies like the China Study (among others) show that diets high in animal products tend to be linked to cancer.

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »
Things like wild salmon should be okay in moderation. The prob. is the farmed fisheries inject them with chemicals to keep them presentable for the consumer. Fish kept in captivity do not have the same value of nutrients and even start to lose their color.

Bodybuilders will disagree, but really chicken isn't that great for you either. It's better than some cuts of beef sure, but it's not as good as a diet centered around fruits and vegetables with little animal products. The healthiest and longest lived peoples in the world live off of diets centered around whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Studies like the China Study (among others) show that diets high in animal products tend to be linked to cancer.

If I had to live 100 years looking like Moby, I'd rather just die of cancer. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
Studies like the China Study (among others) show that diets high in animal products tend to be linked to cancer.

but other studies show it's not the animal products, but the lack of fiber in the diet.  add psyllium and other things high in soluble and insoluble fiber to your diet and the cancer risk decreases.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
If I had to live 100 years looking like Moby, I'd rather just die of cancer. 
If someone played his music, i would kill myself right now...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 12:20:20 PM »
but other studies show it's not the animal products, but the lack of fiber in the diet.  add psyllium and other things high in soluble and insoluble fiber to your diet and the cancer risk decreases.

I don't believe that because what these studies were alluding to was the high saturated fat content found in animal-based diets. Obviously if you lack essential nutrients such as fiber you are at increased risk of diseases as well. Fiber has also been shown to reduce the risks of cancer but that doesn't change the fact that diets high in saturated fat are unhealthy for you.

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »
I don't believe that because what these studies were alluding to was the high saturated fat content found in animal-based diets. Obviously if you lack essential nutrients such as fiber you are at increased risk of diseases as well. Fiber has also been shown to reduce the risks of cancer but that doesn't change the fact that diets high in saturated fat are unhealthy for you.

Saturated fat creates cholesterol, cholesterol creates androstenendione, androstenendione creates testosterone. 

I'd rather have a usable penis than avoid the primary nutrient that makes a man, a man.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
Soy is bad because if you eat soy you're a hippie, and hippies suck.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 12:58:02 PM »
Soy is bad because if you eat soy you're a hippie, and hippies suck.
::)

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
Saturated fat creates cholesterol, cholesterol creates androstenendione, androstenendione creates testosterone. 

I'd rather have a usable penis than avoid the primary nutrient that makes a man, a man.

Think about that. Saturated fat clogs arteries. Stay on a diet like that and you won't be doing anything but wishing for the days when Mr. Wiggly would wake up. In many instances men who suffer erectile problems are able to fix it just by changing diet alone. Chances are, unless you are up there in age you have all the testosterone you need to be healthy anyway.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
Bill Pearl...won a few comps ::)...vegetarian...also fasted 1 day a week (another BB myth)....and he looked like shit...probably was gay too... ::) 

don't believe the hype kids...the meat industry is far more devious and dangerous then the world wide soy mafia ;D ;D ;D

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
Im a vegetarian and size has never been a problem,Though i eat free range eggs and dairy products.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Soy is EVIL and will may you GAY
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 06:57:06 AM »
With the prices of Whey sky rocketing look for Soy or some Vegetable Protein to be the next big thing!!!

I know your source on that is credible. 8)
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 07:06:06 AM »
i like tofu everyday  :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Soy is EVIL and will may you GAY
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 06:09:35 AM »
With the prices of Whey sky rocketing look for Soy or some Vegetable Protein to be the next big thing!!!

Thankfully, there's Vitamin Shoppe, which carry its own brand of whey protein powder (from the BodyTech line) called Whey-Tech. A 5-lb. jug costs $25.

As far as soy goes, someone here already mentioned it, but a lot of old-school bodybuilders, including 4-time Mr. Universe, Bill Pearl, consumed their fair share of soy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 05:39:35 AM »
Plus, soy protein, at times, goes on sale for as little as $20 for a 5-lb jug. Except for its sandy texture, it tastes pretty good, especially the last brand I used, GNC Soy Protein 95 (Banana flavor).