Author Topic: News from Chute Boxe  (Read 632 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
News from Chute Boxe
« on: November 20, 2007, 06:07:00 AM »
Today, MMANews.com had the chance to catch up with Julio Heller who gave us a little Chute Boxe update. Heller gave us tidbits on quite a few fighters from the team out of Curitiba, Brazil. Here is a look at what he had to say...

On Mauricio "Shogun" Rua:

Chris Howie of MMANews.com: How has is Shogun feeling since surgery?

Julio Heller: Shogun is feeling great after his surgery and will be back in February or March for the UFC.

MMANews.com: Is there any idea who a possible opponent could be?

Julio Heller: It is a little early right now. Shogun was the number one light heavyweight in the world but with his last loss he is back to the end of the line. I think that Tito Ortiz would be a good option.

MMANews.com: That would be a very interesting fight...

Julio Heller: Both need a good fight and are on comebacks. I say, "let’s do it."

On Murilo "Ninja" Rua:

Julio Heller: Ninja is on his way to England next week. He will be fighting on the Cage Rage card against Xavier “Professor X” Foupa Pokam. He has brought in a wrestling coach to help him in that aspect. He has also signed a new deal with Pro Elite that will give him two fights in Cage Rage and four fights in EliteXC for a total six fight deal. If he wins this fight on December 1st, he will be in line for a title shot in Cage Rage next year. If he goes on a streak he could possibly get a rematch with Robbie Lawler for the EXC title.

--Heller also made mention of Fabricio Werdum's upcoming fight with Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 80 and that Andre "Dida" Amade will be fighting on the next K-1 Hero's show but his opponent is not known at this time. Heller stated that everyone at the Chute Boxe academy was very happy for Thiago Silva after his big win at UFC 78 this past weekend in New Jersey and they all look forward to him making his return home.

--Even though Wanderlei Silva no longer trains at Chute Boxe, I asked Julio what he thought about the match-up between Silva and Chuck Liddell. "They are both strikers" he started. "I can’t see this one going any longer than the first round."
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: News from Chute Boxe
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
i  really hope that the liddel silva fight is a good one because i probably going back on what i said and will buy this ppv
irongearco.com