Author Topic: What sound(s) make your pet(s) come running?  (Read 3542 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
What sound(s) make your pet(s) come running?
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:00:08 AM »
Car keys jangling
clanking of the glass dog treat container lid
cracking of the shells of hard-boiled eggs

R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: What sound(s) make your pet(s) come running?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »

When they hear me   :D

The fish oil bottle shaking (they usually can tell if it is the fish oil or a vitamin bottle)

Opening the resealable bag of doggy biscuits. (If I am in the kitchen and one dog comes to check out what I am doing I sometimes try and sneak whomever it is a biscuit without the others knowing as a "special" treat.  ;)  But if they hear the smacking of lips they all come running and everyone gets one.)

The collars and leashes getting picked up.  I swear they can even hear this outside through the door when they are in the backyard. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »
Kitchen cabinets opening.

It's usually the other way around.any movement or breath after 5:30am and it's breakfeast time >:(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »
Kitchen cabinets opening.

It's usually the other way around.any movement or breath after 5:30am and it's breakfeast time >:(
>:(
R

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »

When they hear me   :D
  Yup, the puppy goes nuts if my wife or I walk into the house.  Its been a headache training her to calm down.   >:(

The fish oil bottle shaking (they usually can tell if it is the fish oil or a vitamin bottle)

Its not fish oil, but it amazes me how dogs know the different sounds of medications in bottles.  Like they know if I'm getting an antacid or I'm getting them a liver treat---which to me both sound about the same. 

Opening the resealable bag of doggy biscuits. (If I am in the kitchen and one dog comes to check out what I am doing I sometimes try and sneak whomever it is a biscuit without the others knowing as a "special" treat.  ;)  But if they hear the smacking of lips they all come running and everyone gets one.)
.  Yup ;D

The collars and leashes getting picked up.  I swear they can even hear this outside through the door when they are in the backyard.  [/color]

Yup, yup.  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:28:49 AM »
How's the Dogo doing Vet?  Any pics?  Any pics of the baby you delivered?

Come on!!
  :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
Nothing seems to get him too excited except maybe when I'm chopping veggies.  He comes running when he hears the cutting board come out.  That and the sound of his liver treat canister.

:

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 01:19:49 PM »
potato chip bags...it is wrong I know but my puppies love chips
Jennifer

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
potato chip bags...it is wrong I know but my puppies love chips
Have you posted pics of your babies yet Jen? :D
R

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »
When i shake the glucosamine bottle to get a tablet for my dog (black lab called Dakota). He takes one with dinner every night.
No doubt about it...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
When i shake the glucosamine bottle to get a tablet for my dog (black lab called Dakota). He takes one with dinner every night.
  Just one?  Shouldn't a lab get more?
:

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 01:09:38 AM »
  Just one?  Shouldn't a lab get more?

Not sure. The dog physio said one. He's only 5 years old but always limps. So we've been to the vet and he doesn't know what it is, we have a physio work on him every now and then. He always chews his feet so im thinking it could be his feet, rather than the shoulder or something.
No doubt about it...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 06:46:51 AM »
Not sure. The dog physio said one. He's only 5 years old but always limps. So we've been to the vet and he doesn't know what it is, we have a physio work on him every now and then. He always chews his feet so im thinking it could be his feet, rather than the shoulder or something.

Does he chew them till they bleed?  Does he chew all of them?  Have you had his feet examined by a doc?
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 08:28:37 AM »

From Flower:

"Depending on the dosage per tablet, and the size of the dog, one may or may not be enough.  Without knowing that I  personally think a lab should get more than one a day going by what the average pill has in it.  And especially if the dog has a known joint/arthritis problem. 

The bottle should give a weight recommendation and list the ingredients per tablet which could be compared against other brands and dosage recommendations.  I would check that and up it if the dog is not responding to the current dosage. 

All joint sups are not created equal. Some contain more than just the common gluc/chondr supplements, combining other ingredients for inflammation etc., and can be cheaper than what you get from your vet.  Shop around and compare.  I use Joint Max TS (triple strength) for Emmett and feel we have gotten good results from it. There is Joint Max, and Joint Max DS for lower strengths.  Emmett being a Great Dane he gets 6 pills (chewable tablet form) daily as it is, so we need the triple strength!! "

ingredients in the TS:
 http://www.bullwrinkle.com/ShoppingPages/joint_max_ts.htm

Also from Flower re: Dakota's feet:

"The chewing of the feet I would wonder if he has a skin problem?  yeasty feet?  An allergy?   Could be diet related, or might be environmental allergens.

this link may give him some ideas to try or ask his vet about (it was directed about an Akita, but can apply to all dogs)":

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dogs-701/Akita-chewing-pads-feet.htm
R

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 03:34:34 PM »
Cool, thanks a lot STella and Flower.
I will look into perhaps giving him more gluc, see what the vet recommends.

In regards to his paws, i have found out that it is most likely an allergy. The vet was saying that it is common for some dogs to have a reaction to walking on wet buffalo grass. Being an outside dog and having a lawn covered in buffalo grass, it is pretty hard to keep him of it. Fortunately, he hasn't made them bleed. He just finished a course of antibiotic tablets and cream (for 2 weeks) that was going on his paws, but he is still chewing them. Maybe it will get better in a couple more weeks.

Either way we were kind of relieved that it looks like it isnt a joint problem.
No doubt about it...

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »

What sound(s) make your pet(s) come running?

HUNG-REE ?

I got the mouse trained !

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 01:08:07 PM »
Any sound!  All he needs to know is that I'm around.  He always wants to be held or petted, but if I'm busy, he sits patiently until he can get some attention.

However, "Potty" makes him spaz out like a hyper-active crack head!  This kid would go out and pee 37x a day if I'd let him!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 09:12:29 AM »
All I have to say is a long, drawn out "WHOOOOOOOO"  and Buster & Maggie will perk up from a dead sleep even, because they know that we're going out to play or about to get a treat.   ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
All I have to say is a long, drawn out "WHOOOOOOOO"  and Buster & Maggie will perk up from a dead sleep even, because they know that we're going out to play or about to get a treat.   ;D
I can't find their pics Ro.  When you have time please take some new ones and post em up :)
R

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 09:52:51 AM »
I can't find their pics Ro.  When you have time please take some new ones and post em up :)
Ok, I'll send you some tonight when I get home.