Author Topic: Nationals - Held right before Thanksgiving on purpose?  (Read 1048 times)

ConanTheLibrarian

• Getbig II
Nationals - Held right before Thanksgiving on purpose?
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:20:12 PM »
I wonder if the Nationals are held right before Thanksgiving on purpose.  Sounds like a great time to do this big show.  Bodybuilders spent 12-16 weeks dieting down and the week after the show can pigout on Thanksgiving dinner and leftovers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Nationals - Held right before Thanksgiving on purpose?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
nobody wants to diet over vacation.  I dont know of many shows held in Nov/Dec.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:36 PM »

It is actually a good weekend to have it, and yes, a lot of competitors enjoy the fact they can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with dieting.

However, both in Colorado and in California, there is one more NPC show, held on December 1st. In California, it is the Excalibur, held in Culver City (Los Angeles).

And of course, if you are compeeting for the Ironman and Arnold next year, you have already started your diet for those competitions, both in NPC and IFBB, and that is a lot of competitors.

ConanTheLibrarian

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
However, both in Colorado and in California, there is one more NPC show, held on December 1st. In California, it is the Excalibur, held in Culver City (Los Angeles).

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am not one of the NPC competitors at these two show so I can eat without regrets.    ;)

Must be tough on these competitors to deal with telling their family why they can't eat the way the rest of them do and to resist the temptations.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »
it was the only time of year they could rent out the VFW.
Deep Tissue Massage

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »
It is actually a good weekend to have it, and yes, a lot of competitors enjoy the fact they can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with dieting.

And of course, if you are compeeting for the Ironman and Arnold next year, you have already started your diet for those competitions, both in NPC and IFBB, and that is a lot of competitors.

I'll eat some extra homemade cheesecake for them ;D

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:59:46 AM »
just before the holiday rush aswell