Author Topic: Sleeveless shirts in the gym...u wear em?  (Read 7779 times)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Re: Sleeveless shirts in the gym...u wear em?
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »
I sometimes wear them, just because Aussie summers can be a bitch.

Yeah here in Melbourne it was 37 yesterday and like 14 today....the weather if all over the shop down here. I wore a singlet to gym yesterday and a long sleve top today ;D. But yeah I'm really more interested in what the girls are wearing than the guys ;).

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 02:13:22 AM »
I actually like to train in heavier clothing.  I seem to get a better sweat going that way. 

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 02:19:56 AM »
i never understood why guys with horrible arms go sleeveless.

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards should never go sleeveless.
S

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 02:57:48 AM »
when you fat train with shirt on when you cut train with nothing on,,thats the rule,,see when you bulk a big shirt can make you look big muscle even though youre puffed up under and have flab on midsection while sitting,,,now when youre cut and ready for show all single digit,, you want to show as much as possible because the quality is there the waist is tight and the muscle is ripped and looked a lot bigger than your real weight and covered with shirt its hard to tell how much quality your chest or midsection have,,why work so hard and walk 6% if you dont wannas show it off,,its not something you see everyday,,you dont see 200lb+ 6% walking infront of you daily by the dozens so hell ya show it

its a mater of single digit or double
fallen angel

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 03:09:58 AM »
that guys that actually have muscle dont feel the need to show it off. were in their to bust ass, not to get attention..

wear whatever the fuck you want to. if a sleevless shirt and mini shorts makes you feel badass then do it.

totally agree, i think Gregg Valentino had a quote from Arnold in his last column and it goes something like:

"The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. you know, you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. you talk less about it. it's like you have a little BMW-you want to race the hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. but if you see guys driving a ferrari or a lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. these things are the same in every field."

And i aint got small arms either, im not gonan even get into how big they are but here is a clip:

I never wear wife beater  or sleeveless by the way.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »
totally agree, i think Gregg Valentino had a quote from rnold in his last column and it goes something like:

"The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. you know, you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. you talk less about it. it's like you have a little BMW-you want to race the hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. but if you see guys driving a ferrari or a lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. these things are the same in every field."

I never wear wife beater  or sleeveless by the way.

I wouldn't put too much into what Valentino has to say.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 04:33:31 AM »
I wouldn't put too much into what Valentino has to say.
Its not what Valentino says, Valentino quoted Arnold... that quote that i wrote is from Arnold

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 07:55:48 AM »
I feel claustrophobic in long sleeves while training plus you sweat way too much. I also agree with seeing the muscles work helps the workout. Wife beaters no but cutopff is no big deal.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 07:58:04 AM »
I feel claustrophobic in long sleeves while training plus you sweat way too much. I also agree with seeing the muscles work helps the workout. Wife beaters no but cutopff is no big deal.
damn dude you must be a monster.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 08:19:53 AM »
what gh said!
tank u jesus

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 08:20:21 AM »
hahaha Top Dog must be a speciman or something ::) ...claustrophobia in a tee shirt, gimme a break.
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 08:20:56 AM »
I work out in sleevless flannel shirts.I'm old school like that.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
I train in sleeveless shirts all the time.  One time, when I was 14 or 15 or so and thought I was a real bad ass, I walked into the gym with no shirt on at all, then the manager told me to put one on...so I did.  And it wasn't a big deal.  I think my sleeveless shirts are even less of a big deal.

ps.  Sometimes I do bb curls at the squat rack too.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 08:24:12 AM »
I work out in sleevless flannel shirts.I'm old school like that.

do you rock the daisy duke shorts, work boots and shades like a true warrior of the iron?

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 08:29:49 AM »
Its not what Valentino says, Valentino quoted Arnold... that quote that i wrote is from Arnold

Arnold trained with less on then most.. cat didn't even wear shoes.  And he was always at the beach showing off. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 08:47:31 AM »
do you rock the daisy duke shorts, work boots and shades like a true warrior of the iron?

Hell yeah! us true warriors still kick the Oakleys!

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »
I don't even wear a shirt when I go to the gym because I'm that hardcore.
I

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:01 AM »
Sometimes when I am doing curls the sleeves on my T shirt just rip, I can't help it, I have some big pipes. Other than that I try to cover them, I am not there to embarrass other people.
E

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 09:35:29 AM »
Sometimes when I am doing curls the sleeves on my T shirt just rip, I can't help it, I have some big pipes. Other than that I try to cover them, I am not there to embarrass other people.

lol.

Hey, if some of these people have small arms they might still want to wear sleeveless..That might give them incentive to get them bigger-having everyone looking at their arms. Arnold did the same thing with his calves. Felt they were pathetic so he showed them off as motivation...

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 10:57:38 AM »
Good God, this topic is back on again...wear what you like to wear in the gym and if it is sleeveless, screw it. Fuck i live in Florida and wear whatever is clean
D

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
hahaha Top Dog must be a speciman or something ::) ...claustrophobia in a tee shirt, gimme a break.
no, a long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt.......................why am I explaining myself

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »
I can see you post so much that you don't remember the thread with pics you ripped me on.  Good for me I guess......and for my wife you also dissed.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:21 AM »

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 12:18:01 PM »
what the fuck are you tallking about? i was just using him as an example.. that guys that actually have muscle dont feel the need to show it off. were in their to bust ass, not to get attention..

wear whatever the fuck you want to. if a sleevless shirt and mini shorts makes you feel badass then do it.
wealthy people don't talk about their $$$....hell, most don't even carry cash

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »
im too big and ripped ,so i train shirtless