Author Topic: Ade Rai ,an excellent body & spokesman for our sport(amazing posing included)  (Read 17145 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Bali(Indonesia) has 2 famous bodybuilders to boast about. Their names are Ade Rai and Komang Arnawa.

Ade Rai is Indonesia's most famous bodybuilder and a passionate advocate of good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Now every second week, he will be offering professional advice and answering your questions through this column of The Jakarta Postwww.thejakartapost.com.

Ade Rai is a Musclemania pro in 1990s

Komang Arnawa(http://www.thebiguniverse.com/arnawa/home.html) is 2005 Mr.Natural Olympia

PORKY

• Getbig III
Re: Ade Rai & Komang Arnawa: Balinese muscle
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 12:01:15 AM »
I've known and competed against Ade since 1995 during Mr.Asia and I must say that this guy has fantastic stage presence.A fine and humble gentleman thru and thru and is never cocky.Great build even till today.I remember back in 2004 when i helped organise Musclemania Asia here in Malaysia and according to Lou Zwick,president of Musclemania,Ade was going to guest pose...which obviously Ade hadn't been informed of.

He was upset with Lou for making plans without informing him AND his exact words to me was "Bro , I want your show to go on smoothly and I will support you all the way.No need for any guest posing fees! I will do this for you,NOT Musclemania and certainly NOT for Lou"

Speak to this man and you will see how humble he really is....a great embassador to our sport thats for sure.
P

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:10:55 AM »
Hey, Porky
Bolo Yuen had invited me to compete MuscleMania Asia in Hong Kong during 1990s
And as you said Ade Rai is a humble gentleman & a great embassador to our sport

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »
Yeah i always thought Ade Rai looked great, not huge or anything but still looks fantastic :).

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 01:00:55 AM »
Komang looks ridiculous in that bottom photo. A true bodybuilding ideal for many.
BigNationRadio.com

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 01:08:53 AM »
Ade Rai looks ridiculous in that bottom photo. A true bodybuilding ideal for many.
Bottom pic isn't Ade Rai...that's Komang Arnawa fyi.
P

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:32:12 AM »
Take a look at Ade Rai's amazing posing routine at Musclemania 2000(?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB40qHOWpq4&feature=related

and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpy7-b-Jlts&feature=related

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Ade Rai & Komang Arnawa: Balinese muscle(Ade's amazing posing included)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 01:59:55 AM »
ade has been around for a long time. beautiful body, even to this day. komang has a very nice body aswell. that relaxed shot is near flawless

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 02:47:02 AM »
I've known and competed against Ade since 1995 during Mr.Asia and I must say that this guy has fantastic stage presence.A fine and humble gentleman thru and thru and is never cocky.Great build even till today.I remember back in 2004 when i helped organise Musclemania Asia here in Malaysia and according to Lou Zwick,president of Musclemania,Ade was going to guest pose...which obviously Ade hadn't been informed of.

He was upset with Lou for making plans without informing him AND his exact words to me was "Bro , I want your show to go on smoothly and I will support you all the way.No need for any guest posing fees! I will do this for you,NOT Musclemania and certainly NOT for Lou"

Speak to this man and you will see how humble he really is....a great embassador to our sport thats for sure.

best physiqe outside the ifbb that i have encountered,,actually could have been mr o if took it extreme but he didnt,,seriously best physiqe in the world during the 90s outside ifbb
fallen angel

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Ade Rai & Komang Arnawa: Balinese muscle(Ade's amazing posing included)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:31 AM »

Having seen Ade Rai I think he is an excellent spokesman for our sport.

He was in the Samsung 2008 Olympic advertisment as a torchbearer.http://samsungotr.teledata-vintedge.com/sep07/pembawa_obor_bio.php?cc=39349646

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 04:08:50 AM »
best physiqe outside the ifbb that i have encountered,,actually could have been mr o if took it extreme but he didnt,,seriously best physiqe in the world during the 90s outside ifbb
Actually Ade was an IFBB/ABBF athlete before moving on to musclemania full swing.Damn strong fella! May look small but he sure as hell moves some serious poundages.I know coz i've trained with him and ..BOY...was I in for a rude awakening LOL!
Unfortunately Ade suffered knee injuries from playing badminton which prevented him from training his legs hard and as a result had suffered some loss of mass to his legs.He is now well and who knows...he may yet make a comeback ;)

ps.
here's a pic of Ade and me circa 1995 during Mr.Asia (i was smooth as a baby's bottom here LOL!)
P

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Bro,  Great pic ! :) :)

PORKY

• Getbig III
Bro,  Great pic ! :) :)

It was my first international show,didn't know how to prepare properly then hehee!!! That's why looked damn smooth LOL!
P

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
I went to a MM show a couple years back and met Ade there; he was guestposing.  He came and sat with me after(for no apparent reason), introduced himself, and talked with me for probably a solid hour or possible two as the show went long into the night.  REALLY cool guy.  Professional in every sense of the word.

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 04:59:01 AM »
Ade Rai looks ridiculous in that bottom photo. A true bodybuilding ideal for many.

some EXPERT  ::) ::) ::)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Is(was) Ade drug free? what is the testing protocol in musclemania?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Is(was) Ade drug free? what is the testing protocol in musclemania?

very beatable
irongearco.com

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
what is the testing protocol in musclemania?

you pee in a cup and they throw it down the drain. 

Actually, back when Ade competed in Musclemania, they did random drug tests, of the entire field.  40 guys in a class, 3 get tested, almost always it was those who wouldn't make the top 15.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
I've always believed he was natural. He is not a small guy so if he decided to take it to the next level he'd be very competitive in the IFBB.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Another liar. I don't think liars are good spokespersons.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
his body doesnt look natural, and no, musclemania was hardly natural. take mike francois as an example. regardless, beautiful body and face.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Mr Natural Olympia my ass.

Another juiced up fucker claiming to live a "healthy lifestyle". BS!

dr_para24

• Getbig III
Every one claimed they are natural. what do you think?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
 :) :)