Author Topic: Best Bodybuilder of the 90's - Narrowed down to Five  (Read 6153 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Best Bodybuilder of the 90's - Narrowed down to Five
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
In the 90's?   Dorian - 6, Haney - 2, Coleman - 2.   Dorian wins.

Yes, and that would mean that Jay Cutler is best bodybuilder as of today?  ??? Because Mr. Olympia wins are always fair.  ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
Yes, and that would mean that Jay Cutler is best bodybuilder as of today? 

No, in the 2000's, Coleman is clearly the best.  Cutler is a placeholder until Heath gets big enough to be Mr. O.
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 09:15:32 AM »

No, in the 2000's, Coleman is clearly the best.  Cutler is a placeholder until Heath gets big enough to be Mr. O.

Point is that Sandows are not always given to the best bodybuilder that day.  If you think Jay deserved the 2007 Mr. O you are delusional.  Likewise, Nasser deserved a few Mr. O titles over Dorian in the 90's.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »
If you think Jay deserved the 2007 Mr. O you are delusional. 

When did I ever say Cutler deserved the win?  Wolf should have won.  ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

When did I ever say Cutler deserved the win?  Wolf should have won.  ::)

Exactly - so you've now moved away from the logic that winning Sandows means you look better, which you implied when saying that Dorian > Nasser, Haney or Coleman in the 90's because he won more Mr. O titles than them.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 10:45:39 AM »
i dont remember 95, 96 nasser came last as he failed the drug test, even before that he was in 3rd behind shawn ray, 97...yep he won that one

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
Exactly - so you've now moved away from the logic that winning Sandows means you look better, which you implied when saying that Dorian > Nasser, Haney or Coleman in the 90's because he won more Mr. O titles than them.

Haney was the best bodybuilder of the 80's, Dorian in the 90's, and Coleman in the '00's.

If you disagree, you're wrong.

Hope this helps!

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »
Nasser was a fat slob.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »
Haney was the best bodybuilder of the 80's, Dorian in the 90's, and Coleman in the '00's.

If you disagree, you're wrong.

Hope this helps!

Your opinion is now irrelevant because the logic of your own posts are inconsistent with each other.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 11:00:09 AM »
i dont remember 95, 96 nasser came last as he failed the drug test, even before that he was in 3rd behind shawn ray, 97...yep he won that one

Jay Cutler failed a drug test similarly in I can't remember which year (Huge Nasser describes it in one of his recent interviews) however he did not lose his placing.   ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 11:06:24 AM »
Your opinion is now irrelevant because the logic of your own posts are inconsistent with each other.

Blow me, bookworm!  >:(

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
Not quite.  ::)

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
Jay Cutler failed a drug test similarly in I can't remember which year (Huge Nasser describes it in one of his recent interviews) however he did not lose his placing.   ::)

he wouldnt because he was the "great white hope" and probably planned to be mr olympia many years previous to his actual winning

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
he wouldnt because he was the "great white hope" and probably planned to be mr olympia many years previous to his actual winning

Exactly - and Huge Nasser would have had as many or even more Sandows in the 90's than Yates if Dorian did not have the double standard placed on him for being the "great white hope" of that decade.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »
Who would you choose as being the best bodybuilder of the 90's of the following bodybuilding greats:

1)  Nasser El Sonbaty
2)  Nasser El Sonbaty
3)  Nasser El Sonbaty
4)  Nasser El Sonbaty
5)  Nasser El Sonbaty

I'd have to go with Nasser.

lol, at least add some years in there.

TEAM NASSER
Bodybuilding Pro.com

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2007, 02:23:09 PM »
Jay Cutler failed a drug test similarly in I can't remember which year (Huge Nasser describes it in one of his recent interviews) however he did not lose his placing.   ::)
Jay cutler failed a diuretic test in 2001. But it was later found that using that amount of drugs would have been impossible and he would have died.. He admitted to using diuretics but not the amount of what he failed the test for.... why did nasser fail his drug test?
And even before the whole topic of nasser using oil he still didn't place anywhere dorian, therefore was not in his league.
there's no magic pills... just needles

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »
Jay cutler failed a diuretic test in 2001. But it was later found that using that amount of drugs would have been impossible and he would have died.. He admitted to using diuretics but not the amount of what he failed the test for.... why did nasser fail his drug test?
And even before the whole topic of nasser using oil he still didn't place anywhere dorian, therefore was not in his league.

Nope.  From http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/probodybuildingweekly020507.html

"Bob Cicherillo brought up Nasser's disqualification at the 1996 Mr. Olympia for diuretics, and Nasser explained that Jay Cutler also tested positive for diuretics at the 2001 Mr. Olympia but Jay had threatened the NPC because the testing company was not IOC regulated as they said it would be, and the NPC backed down and Jay was not disqualified. The end result was that Jay kept his placing and his prize money and Nasser did not."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »

"Bob Cicherillo brought up Nasser's disqualification at the 1996 Mr. Olympia for diuretics, and Nasser explained that Jay Cutler also tested positive for diuretics at the 2001 Mr. Olympia but Jay had threatened the NPC because the testing company was not IOC regulated as they said it would be, and the NPC backed down and Jay was not disqualified. The end result was that Jay kept his placing and his prize money and Nasser did not."

IFBB TRYING TO HOLD THE GYPSY MAN DOWN!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
IFBB TRYING TO HOLD THE GYPSY MAN DOWN!

People respond to scandal.  Had Nasser tried to fight it in 1996 he would have kept his placing and his prize money!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2007, 02:43:58 PM »

i understand that, but the charges that the ifbb were charges jay cutler over were on numerous amounts of diuretics, which if he did in fact take he would have died. There is no way that taking those amounts of drugs (THE AMOUNTS HE GOT ACCUSED OF) that anyone would have survived. Therefor jay threatned a lawsuit because the allogations were clearly not true. In the end the ifbb droped the charges and jay kept his prize money. i'm not saying its right im just telling you the facts.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
i understand that, but the charges that the ifbb were charges jay cutler over were on numerous amounts of diuretics, which if he did in fact take he would have died. There is no way that taking those amounts of drugs (THE AMOUNTS HE GOT ACCUSED OF) that anyone would have survived. Therefor jay threatned a lawsuit because the allogations were clearly not true. In the end the ifbb droped the charges and jay kept his prize money. i'm not saying its right im just telling you the facts.

surely if a drug is banned its banned amounts dont matter

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2007, 02:47:14 PM »
Not quite.  ::)

No Goatboy, that was skirting dangerously close to meltdown territory, if it wasn't a full blown one as Bigbobs is suggesting...  

Hey, I was just wondering, have you ever thought about joining TEAM NASSER?  

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2007, 02:47:27 PM »

So why didnt the IFBB just reduce the previously exaggerated-dosage accusation to a more reasonable figure and still press with their diurectic charge against Jay?  ::)

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »
So why didnt the IFBB just reduce the previously exaggerated-dosage accusation to a more reasonable figure and still press with their diurectic charge against Jay?  ::)
that would have been the right thing to do. I'm have no idea why they didn't follow up on it later with lesser charges.. like i said im not a jay cutler worshipper i'm just letting you know the facts. but now they dont even test for diuretics...
surely if a drug is banned its banned amounts dont matter
technically you can't use steroids in the IFBB because they are an illegal substance, but there have not been testing for them since the early 90's. and ever bber out there on the pro stage is using huge amounts of steroids. but that rule will never be changed and im sure we will never see any sort of testing for that EVER...